It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired As Troops Land At Ukraine Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Up to 11 people are reported dead in clashes at an air base in eastern Ukraine amid warnings the country is on the brink of war. Putin has gone and tried to get the old Soviet Union back

Shots Fired As Troops Land At Ukraine Airport

I have been covering this and all the other stories worldwide for months now and just now Russia have invaded Ukraine, this will have a knock on effect, this is planned, it was planned from the start, dummies were used all the way through like the blog I did yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hold tight everyone, this will get messy all over, the signs to be fair have been there for weeks now, Putin wants the USSR back and it looks like he will drag us all into a global war with his "so called" enemies

This is a staged operation that will end bad for us all.

If you have a God, pray to him

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Wait now...who fired what shots at who when Ukrainian troops landed in a Ukrainian city?

I'm so confused.

ETA: It's not civil war when nationalists are fighting separatists. Of another nationality no less. And Ukrainians are not terrorists or insurgents. The spin on this entire thing is beginning to piss me right the hell off.
edit on 4/15/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

This must be the Ukrainian anti-terrorist moves they were saying they were going to do.
The article says it is Ukrainian troops if I read that right.

They are taking their own airport back?

From the OPs news source:

"To all appearances, events are beginning to develop under the worst case scenario." Ukraine's Interim President Oleksandr Turchynov says troops have taken control of the facility. "At the moment a special operation is going on in Kramatorsk," the Ukrainian defence ministry said. The state security service has announced that a similar operation is under way in the town of Slaviansk, some 12 miles away. The two cities are among 10 locations in the Russian-speaking east where separatist rebellions have broken out.

I just saw this flash on CNN too.
So something is going on.
(ACK! the TV was on Fox news! Fox was reporting it)

edit on 15-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I checked your source and they say a Russian news source made the claim about the 11 people being shot but they don't give a source for their info ..
ETA I think it's a propaganda piece

edit on 15-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There's this thread, too:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This can't be good. Russia is making me nervous. Putin has a score to settle it *seems*.

How the US & other countries react has me worried. How Russia responds to to the US/other countries has me even more concerned.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by shauny

Wait now...who fired what shots at who when Ukrainian troops landed in a Ukrainian city?

I'm so confused.

ETA: It's not civil war when nationalists are fighting separatists. Of another nationality no less. And Ukrainians are not terrorists or insurgents. The spin on this entire thing is beginning to piss me right the hell off.

I don't think you understand. The pro-Russian separatists are Ukrainians of Russian culture. The Kiev junta has been imposing anti-Russian laws and threatening to kill them since before they even took power.

If you were a born Ukrainian living in eastern Ukraine but you and the majority of everybody you know speaks Russian, would you be supporting an openly ultra-nationalist anti-Russia regime that is threatening your universal rights with military bombardment?

Well this happened back in Georgia. Russia stood up for its culture there when they were being massacred by ultra-nationalist anti-Russia Georgians. So don't be surprised when Russia wipes the floor with these genocidal CIA clowns operating out of Kiev.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Vovin

~Lucidity
reply to post by shauny

I'm so confused.

I don't think you understand. The pro-Russian separatists are Ukrainians of Russian culture. The Kiev junta has been imposing anti-Russian laws and threatening to kill them since before they even took power.

If you were a born Ukrainian living in eastern Ukraine but you and the majority of everybody you know speaks Russian, would you be supporting an openly ultra-nationalist anti-Russia regime that is threatening your universal rights with military bombardment?

Well this happened back in Georgia. Russia stood up for its culture there when they were being massacred by ultra-nationalist anti-Russia Georgians. So don't be surprised when Russia wipes the floor with these genocidal CIA clowns operating out of Kiev.

Separatists that wasn't there during maiden or the past couple of decades?

Ukraine has been trying to join NATO and the EU for many years Russia has been blocking it

The nation of 45 million people, which gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1990, applied for membership in NATO five years ago. It has participated in NATO-led military exercises and in operations such as the intervention in Bosnia-Herzegovina and the naval anti-piracy patrols off the Somali coast. Ukraine also has contributed a medical team to the NATO-led international force in Afghanistan.

But the effort to join the alliance has sparked strong opposition from neighboring Russia, Ukraine’s main trading partner, which has ramped up the pressure on Kiev in recent months. Moscow has long opposed NATO’s plans to expand eastward to include other nations of the former Soviet Union.

“As you know, the current Ukrainian leadership has decided to pursue what is called a non-bloc policy; they have decided not to pursue NATO membership,” Rasmussen said. “It’s their decision, we fully respect that, but at the same time, Ukraine has decided to continue cooperation with NATO within the NATO-Ukraine Commission.”

He was speaking in Brussels during a meeting of the alliance’s 28 defense ministers. Other topics on the agenda included the 12-year war in Afghanistan. Ministers also discussed the alliance’s role in defending against cyberattacks, its ballistic missile shield and the escalating war in Syria.

The two-day meeting was attended by both the Ukrainian and Russian defense ministers.

Since 1999, NATO has inducted 12 new members, mostly former members of the Soviet-led Warsaw Pact, as well as the three Baltic states.

Rasmussen said that Georgia, another candidate nation, remains on track to join the alliance once it fulfills the conditions and criteria for membership.

Georgia, which also was part of the Soviet Union, fought a brief war with Russia in 2008.

The U.S. administration has long backed Georgian membership in NATO. But since the 2008 war a number of European nations have opposed it, saying Georgia’s accession would constitute an unnecessary provocation for Moscow.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

Oh I understand. And I understand they can get their asses back to Russia too.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by Vovin

And as I understand from your post, you're advocating ethnic cleansing.
Imagine someone shows at your door and says to you GTFO from this country, you're not (insert nationality here), even you were born there and your number of generations before.

*sigh*
There're really disturbing posts on ATS lately, but yours the No.1 this week.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by Vovin

Forceful removal of a population based on their national culture is an act of genocide.

Israel has been committing this exact form of genocide for decades after the Americans supported Zionist terrorism in Palestine just to push out the British. You think the current situation in Ukraine is all that different from a geostrategic angle?

This picture defines what the separatists believe. They feel like they are being invaded by neo-Nazis, 71 years after the Soviets/Russians liberated these cities from the actual Nazis. They are against the fascists that couped the government, not Ukraine.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown

~Lucidity
reply to post by Vovin

Imagine someone shows at your door and says to you GTFO from this country, you're not (insert nationality here), even you were born there and your number of generations before.

*sigh*

Hell no. You understand entirely wrong.

These people want more of Ukraine to become part of Russia. They got confused as to who and what they were when there was a USSR. I don't know where you're from and don't much care, but this is more akin to the Mexicans who were born in the U.S. wanting the U.S. to become part of Mexico than anything resembling ethnic cleansing.

If they identify as Russian, like Putin, want to be part of Russia, they can move to Russia. Simple. But they really don't want that do they? They want the natural resources and the land they live on in Ukraine to go with them.

Endowed with particularly fertile steppes of rich black soil, Ukraine became known as the “Breadbasket of Europe” during centuries of foreign occupation. According to the CIA World Factbook, the country produced more than 25% of total agricultural output – grains, meat, milk, and vegetables – for the Soviet Union. Today, roughly one out of four workers in Ukraine subsist on cultivating the land, consistently generating net food surpluses. Russia and the European Union purchase nearly 40% of these agricultural exports, which contribute to more than 5% of Ukraine’s annual GDP. [Source]

Totally different.

You reading ethnic cleansing into this at all is far, far more disturbing, so keep sighing and while you're at it, hang that number 1 for disturbing posts around your own ignorant neck, k?

reply to post by Vovin

No one is forefully removing their asses. They have been welcomed for decades and would continue to be so. Too bad for your theory that they're the ones stirring this nonsense up, no doubt instigated by the country they truly show their allegiance for in doing so. It's also not that many of them either. Someone just wants you to believe that.

Geez...ethnic cleansing and genocide. Oh, the drama *rolls eyes.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It's ok mate really, there's no need for damage control.
You obviously stated straight away what's on your mind, and that is a good thing with which I don't agree.
I only hope you've learned something today, and that is that forceful removal of ethnic groups is one of the highest criminal acts by International law.
Be well...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It's ok mate really, there's no need for damage control.
You obviously stated straight away what's on your mind, and that is a good thing with which I don't agree.
I only hope you've learned something today, and that is that forceful removal of ethnic groups is one of the highest criminal acts by International law.
Be well...

Your faulty interpretation of what I stated is not my problem.

My family lived with and through this crap in Ukraine. Russian-identifying people are welcome in Ukraine. They are also free to leave to rejoin the country they most identify with and want to be a part of. if they so choose.What is not welcome is their supporting a takeover of a sovereign nation.

No one is forcing the removal of anyone, except maybe some ghosts in your head,Russians of the Tartars in Crimea, which they have just annexed the way they want to annex the rest of Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

The separatists keep trying to blame everything on neo-nazis the same way the US uses "terrorists" as an excuse to do everything - in both cases there certainly is a problem, but its exaggerated for political reason. In this case its Soviet vs Nazi - out of the frying pan into the fire!

The guy on the photo wrote PYC - "RUS" - so its obvious where his loyalty lies. I dont care when Americans (or other foreigners) live in Canada - but if they were patriotic Americans, I would tell them to move back to. Not to separate and take a part of my country with them.

And whats with you guys making this jump to Lucidity promoting genocide? He said if they want to be Russian they should move there, because they are in Ukraine and should support what is best for Ukraine. Which is, dependence neither on Russia nor Europe.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

~Lucidity

zilebeliveunknown

~Lucidity
reply to post by Vovin

*sigh*

Hell no. You understand entirely wrong.

These people want more of Ukraine to become part of Russia. They got confused as to who and what they were when there was a USSR. I don't know where you're from and don't much care, but this is more akin to the Mexicans who were born in the U.S. wanting the U.S. to become part of Mexico than anything resembling ethnic cleansing.

If they identify as Russian, like Putin, want to be part of Russia, they can move to Russia. Simple. But they really don't want that do they? They want the natural resources and the land they live on in Ukraine to go with them.

Endowed with particularly fertile steppes of rich black soil, Ukraine became known as the “Breadbasket of Europe” during centuries of foreign occupation. According to the CIA World Factbook, the country produced more than 25% of total agricultural output – grains, meat, milk, and vegetables – for the Soviet Union. Today, roughly one out of four workers in Ukraine subsist on cultivating the land, consistently generating net food surpluses. Russia and the European Union purchase nearly 40% of these agricultural exports, which contribute to more than 5% of Ukraine’s annual GDP. [Source]

Totally different.

You reading ethnic cleansing into this at all is far, far more disturbing, so keep sighing and while you're at it, hang that number 1 for disturbing posts around your own ignorant neck, k?

reply to post by Vovin

No one is forefully removing their asses. They have been welcomed for decades and would continue to be so. Too bad for your theory that they're the ones stirring this nonsense up, no doubt instigated by the country they truly show their allegiance for in doing so. It's also not that many of them either. Someone just wants you to believe that.

Geez...ethnic cleansing and genocide. Oh, the drama *rolls eyes.

What a garbage response. Your whole post is pure xenophobic ignorance advocating ethnic cleansing, and then you try to assure us that it's not at the end.

The facts are that half of Ukraine is uprising against the fascist junta because the fascist junta are composed of open Nazi-sympathizers and ultra-nationalists that have called for the massacre of ethnic Russians and for a greater Ukrainian presence all the way through to the Caucasus. It's pretty scary to think that anyone would support these lunatics and their extreme goals.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ridhya
reply to post by Vovin

The separatists keep trying to blame everything on neo-nazis the same way the US uses "terrorists" as an excuse to do everything - in both cases there certainly is a problem, but its exaggerated for political reason. In this case its Soviet vs Nazi - out of the frying pan into the fire!

The guy on the photo wrote PYC - "RUS" - so its obvious where his loyalty lies. I dont care when Americans (or other foreigners) live in Canada - but if they were patriotic Americans, I would tell them to move back to. Not to separate and take a part of my country with them.

And whats with you guys making this jump to Lucidity promoting genocide? He said if they want to be Russian they should move there, because they are in Ukraine and should support what is best for Ukraine. Which is, dependence neither on Russia nor Europe.

Why should they move? Because the fascists in Kiev only want pure Ukrainians in their country? These people that you're saying should move ARE Ukrainian- just not Ukrainian enough for fascist standards.

You do realize that the fascists have been creating laws that exclude non-Ukrainian speakers from having any voice, right? And you do realize that the fascist leadership is clearly working for the CIA and the US state department?

It's no wonder why hundreds of Ukrainian soldiers disserted during the past day's "anti-terror op", handing their APCs to the federalists. Seems like the actual Ukrainians don't believe in this fascist garbage either.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

You believe that there are absolutely no reasonable, non-fascist elements supporting the new Ukrainian government?

I think you'll find that's untrue.

top topics

join