It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Fighter Jets Open Fire On Kramatorsk Airfield, Casualties Reported

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Take a close look at the tweeted photo from the zerohedge web site.
That a Su-27 Flanker carrying, I think, three Vympel R-27 Air to air missiles and two Vympel R-73 Air to air missiles on the outboard pylons.
Weird weapons load for a air to ground mission.
Unless his job was to fly Combat air patrol for the Su-25 frogfoot.
And even that doesn't make sense since both were flying well within range of any anti-aircraft battery, or kid with a sling shot.

Also look closely at the photo and underside insignia. The Insignia looks like it was blurred in Photoshop.

The Ukraine Air force insignia is a Blue and Yellow Rondel.
I don't see any yellow in that image.

The CIS (Russia) insginia is, oddly enough a red star with a blue and white outline.
Guess it saved on repainting.
and that blurred photo looks kinda pointy to me.

The original story seem to be from Itar Tass news agency. A Russian news agency.
I'd take anything that someone is posting at the moment with a grain of salt.

Update: found and link to the Guardian NEWS (uk) that says the photo is Alexander Ermochenko of the Associated press news.
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 15-4-2014 by mash3d because: Updated new info

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

mash3d
Take a close look at the tweeted photo from the zerohedge web site.
That a Su-27 Flanker carrying, I think, three Vympel R-27 Air to air missiles and two Vympel R-73 Air to air missiles on the outboard pylons.
Weird weapons load for a air to ground mission.
Unless his job was to fly Combat air patrol for the Su-25 frogfoot.
And even that doesn't make sense since both were flying well within range of any anti-aircraft battery, or kid with a sling shot.

Also look closely at the photo and underside insignia. The Insignia looks like it was blurred in Photoshop.

The Ukraine Air force insignia is a Blue and Yellow Rondel.
I don't see any yellow in that image.

The CIS (Russia) insginia is, oddly enough a red star with a blue and white outline.
Guess it saved on repainting.
and that blurred photo looks kinda pointy to me.

The original story seem to be from Itar Tass news agency. A Russian news agency.
Makes you wonder how un biased they are.
I'd take anything that someone is posting at the moment with a grain of salt.
The livery and paint scheme look fine.
Green nose, underide decoy cockpit, even the logos on the wing match up with examples of Ukrainian SU-27s posted on the interwebz..

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah now that I'm looking at a high res image it does appear to be Ukrainian Air Force.
still seems to be silly way to use a jet fighter. Like using a Ferrari to go get milk.
The Su-25 I understand.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

mash3d
Yeah now that I'm looking at a high res image it does appear to be Ukrainian Air Force.
still seems to be silly way to use a jet fighter. Like using a Ferrari to go get milk.
The Su-25 I understand.

It was probably flying air cover for the ground attack craft.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
the Itar-Tass news is reporting that there were four Su-27 aircraft and one was shot down.

en.itar-tass.com...
"KIEV, April 15. /ITAR-TASS/. Shots are being fired at the airdrome near the city of Kramatorsk, Donetsk Oblast, and one fighter plane has been shot down, witnesses report from the scene.
As follows from what the people say four fighter planes, presumably Sukhoi-27 were hovering over Kramatorsk. At a certain point they opened fire at the local airdrome. Who commanded the planes and who downed the fighter remains unclear. Witnesses claim there have been casualties at the airdrome. An ambulance is on the way to the scene."

Not a very effective use of an air superiority fighter.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

mash3d
the Itar-Tass news is reporting that there were four Su-27 aircraft and one was shot down.

en.itar-tass.com...
"KIEV, April 15. /ITAR-TASS/. Shots are being fired at the airdrome near the city of Kramatorsk, Donetsk Oblast, and one fighter plane has been shot down, witnesses report from the scene.
As follows from what the people say four fighter planes, presumably Sukhoi-27 were hovering over Kramatorsk. At a certain point they opened fire at the local airdrome. Who commanded the planes and who downed the fighter remains unclear. Witnesses claim there have been casualties at the airdrome. An ambulance is on the way to the scene."

The video above clearly shows a Frogfoot over Kramatorsk. But if you really want to fall for Russian ogliarch controlled press releases...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

clay2 baraka

mash3d

en.itar-tass.com...

The video above clearly shows a Frogfoot over Kramatorsk. But if you really want to fall for Russian ogliarch controlled press releases...

And several other videos also clearly show Flankers over Kramatorsk, so what's your point?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Personally I question all media sources from everyone.
Mostly because the media usually gets the identification of military equipment wrong.
Half of the time they can't tell a F-16 from a B-52 bomber.
It's even worse when it comes to Russian equipment.

Also by looking closely at the equipment you can get information that is not mentioned,
Like what unit the equipment is from and what it's mission might be.

One should question media sources and check if they are getting their facts correct.
We have entered an age of media warfare now where events may be staged or media planted for the sole purpose of
misdirection or swaying public opinion. I'm not saying go all nuts and claim everything is false flag operation
but just look at the sources and ask is this news or propaganda and if so who benefits from it?

A good lesson from the past would be the information war during the 2008 Russo-Georgian war.
Look like both sides are still using the same play book.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Russian troops seized the air base in Crimea so if this was a Ukrainian plane it was obviously there for propaganda purposes as the Ukrainians are not dumb enough to use an air to air fighter for ground attack at such a low altitude. Typical Russian BS as it flew right over the camera after it ran its one engine hard to make a smoke trail.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Russian troops seized the air base in Crimea so if this was a Ukrainian plane it was obviously there for propaganda purposes as the Ukrainians are not dumb enough to use an air to air fighter for ground attack at such a low altitude. Typical Russian BS as it flew right over the camera after it ran its one engine hard to make a smoke trail.

And you of course have confirming evidence of Russian troops seizing the airport, and that this is a Russian jet?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

www.irishtimes.com...

Guess this says enough.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

www.infowars.com...

Or maybe this - the above.

new topics

top topics