It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World recognizes Iran’s nuclear rights: Rouhani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
World recognizes Iran’s nuclear rights: Rouhani

This could get really ugly.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the nuclear deal between Tehran and the P5+1 group shows that the world has recognized the Islamic Republic’s right to peaceful nuclear technology.

In an address to a gathering of people in the southeastern Iranian province of Sistan-and-Baluchestan on Tuesday, President Rouhani said that Iran’s nuclear rights, including uranium enrichment, have been recognized in the deal between Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council plus Germany.

Iran and the five permanent members of the UN Security Council - the US, France, Britain, Russia, China - plus Germany sealed an interim deal in Geneva on November 24, 2013, to pave the way for the full resolution of the decade-old dispute with Tehran over its nuclear energy program. The deal came into force on January 20.

One of 3 things can happen from here on;

1) Nothing at all.
2) Iran unveils ulterior motives, becomes serious threat, or
3) Israel is the one that goes nuts.

Seeing how a #2 is pretty unlikely, or unlikely to happen any time soon, I think its either going to be 1, or, hopefully not, 3. Israel has enough nukes to spark a new Cold War (if it isn't already here) between itself and one of the other P5+1 nations. Right now, the P5+1 have, although they do not yet know it, just made enemies with Israel. Whether or not Israel has the balls to actually do anything about it remains to be seen.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
It's a trap. Remember how Saddam Hussein thought he had the US blessing to invade Kuwait?

Iran will continue on their merry way, only to be accused later of producing weapons of mass destruction. It will be an excuse for an invasion.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Davian
Seeing how a #2 is pretty unlikely, or unlikely to happen any time soon, I think its either going to be 1, or, hopefully not, 3. Israel has enough nukes to spark a new Cold War (if it isn't already here) between itself and one of the other P5+1 nations. Right now, the P5+1 have, although they do not yet know it, just made enemies with Israel. Whether or not Israel has the balls to actually do anything about it remains to be seen.

#3 is the most likely but Israel doesn't have the resources to go to war with any of those countries. She needs the US's approval before doing anything since we basically fund that country and keep it afloat. Oh look at that, the US is one of the countries listed in the P5+1. My guess, Israel will just bitch and moan like they always do and no one will care. Until Israel starts threatening nuclear exchanges, their opinion means little to me.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Until Israel starts threatening nuclear exchanges, their opinion means little to me.

Even if they did it wouldn't change the fact they're a neo-Nazi regime. And it could happen, they're definitely radical enough to, using human shields and what-not as a daily military tactic.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh I wouldn't put it past them, but luckily the US isn't listening to Israel's rhetoric. Though I would LOVE to see how Israel would be able to manage if the US turned the money spigot off.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Though I would LOVE to see how Israel would be able to manage if the US turned the money spigot off.

Although it would be a sad day for the Israeli people if it happened, part of me almost wants the US to launch a "humanitarian intervention" into Israel. I'd happily be on the front-lines with an M247 and a high-tech suit of power armor ready to fu-k IDF's s-it up.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Even if they were developing nuclear weapons technology, they have every right.

The right of self protection is inherent to everyone.

Its the basis for the 2nd Amendment and is not dependent on someone else's "permission".

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

M247? Hi-tech power suit? Are you sure you aren't playing too much Halo? The military doesn't work that way. When I went to Iraq, we were LUCKY to get bullet proof body armor (only works for 3 rounds before the plates have to be replaced though). Most people (especially the national guard and reserves) were given flak vests, which do next to nothing to stop bullets, especially rifle rounds. We were all issued either M16's or M4's (but mostly M16's). Any machine guns or even M16 attachments like the M203 grenade launcher attachment were usually one per squad. War isn't a video game and when you go fight it, rarely do you get the best tech to do so.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh absolutely! Agree with this 100%, unless of course they did something to screw it up in the beginning, then I could see some neutral observation coming into play. But as far as I know Iran has done nothing of the sort.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Davian

M247? Hi-tech power suit? Are you sure you aren't playing too much Halo? The military doesn't work that way. When I went to Iraq, we were LUCKY to get bullet proof body armor (only works for 3 rounds before the plates have to be replaced though). Most people (especially the national guard and reserves) were given flak vests, which do next to nothing to stop bullets, especially rifle rounds. We were all issued either M16's or M4's (but mostly M16's). Any machine guns or even M16 attachments like the M203 grenade launcher attachment were usually one per squad. War isn't a video game and when you go fight it, rarely do you get the best tech to do so.

You honestly think I was being entirely serious about that? XP Was using exaggeration to convey my stance on the situation, not a literal real-life objective of mine. -.-

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Davian

It's hard to be sure on the internet, especially with these forums. And kids (not to say you are a kid though) having unrealistic ideas of how wars work thanks to video games is a scary thing. Let's just say that they were partially responsible for me joining the military in the first place...

BTW: Machine guns are really heavy and wildly inaccurate. I'd rather have an M16 or M4 any day over a machine gun.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Seeing how Iran signed the NPT they have every right to develop nuclear energy. Israel will do the usual scream, cry and say that Obama hates Israel and that is why America isn't sending their people to die for Israel fighting Iran. Meanwhile the Israeli firsters in the American government will continue to tell our veterans sorry we can't help you out because we have no money and besides Israel's needs comes before any Americans needs so we are going to borrow a few hundred million to give to them.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Everybody and anybody with the aspirations should be aloud to develop nuclear arms

Screw the rules and regulations

I say we make the world a really dangerous place ASAP

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

gladtobehere
reply to post by Davian

Even if they were developing nuclear weapons technology, they have every right.

The right of self protection is inherent to everyone.

Its the basis for the 2nd Amendment and is not dependent on someone else's "permission".

Sorry two wrong points in your argument...

1. No one has the right to commit Holocaust on a massive scale by using nuclear weapons.

2. Israel has no right to expand it land in pursuit of a Zionnist agenda. Lord knows it has breached so many laws with this. ie Illegal occupation of Palestine with settlements etc. Israel has brought a lot of trouble on itself with its persecution of Palestinians.

I have no argument with the ordinary Israeli people per say, it is just the political aspect I don't care for or the way it is conducting itself at the moment. The oppressed have become the oppressors.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Israel has no nukes else they would have admitted to having them. Do you seriously think the US would have given Israel nukes? What if the country is overrun (it came close a couple times), then 50 nukes end up god knows where.

new topics

top topics

join