It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean officials visit London salon over Kim Jong-un 'bad hair' advert

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You couldn't make this stuff up. Apparently after a hair salon used a picture of Kim Jong-un in their 'Bad hair day?" advert they were visited by people from the North Korean embassy. The managers told them to leave. Here.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

This is funny. North Korea sent embassy officials to do what? NOTHING as they are pointless. (should kick those losers out of the UK)

Most useless country in the world. No need for NK

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So he sends officials to address this but not more important world issues. This guy needs to get over himself and end his stupid failing regime.

edit on 15-4-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Shepard64
So he sends officials to address this but not more important world issues. This guy needs to get over himself and end his stupid failing regime.

I think that the article says that the Embassy is about 10 minutes walk away. So I think that it might have been more a case of officials from it seeing the picture, being zealous and then, um, getting thrown out on their ears.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think Kim Jong and Dennis Rodman are drag queen buddies and Rodman is an idiot for having anything to do with the queen of north korea.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ya I read the article after I posted but my last statement still stands lol

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Shepard64

Yeah.

And sort his bloody terrible hair out.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Shepard64

Ya I read the article after I posted but my last statement still stands lol

I'd love to know what they reported to their superiors at the embassy. "Comrade! We have heroically confronted a Western Imperialist running dog hairdresser when he dared to insult our glorious wondrous leader Comrade Kim Jong-un!"

"Well done comrade! And what did he say?"

"Um, they gave us a voucher for a short back and sides. Good 'til next Tuesday."

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm usually intrigued by any news regarding North Korea, but even this one has me scratching my head because it's not like them to cause any fuss in other countries, perhaps outside of South Korea or China, that I'm aware of in the news. Something in my gut tells me this was either a publicity stunt on behalf of the salon, or a prank perpetrated upon the salon.

If the incident was genuine then I would suppose the families of those embassy workers will be severely punished back in NK for their actions, because it doesn't seem like something that would have been sanctioned by officials.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

Hmmm intresting thought, before this story I have seen tbe picture on the internet. It has sort of gone viral. Maybe the hair dresser thought they would take it a step further and get even more publicity but who knows.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Aha, and we have some confirmation - of a sort - here.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What? Do the North Koreans mean to say that they have not roared at Donald Trump's perplexing choice of haircut or even Dennis Rodman's?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

"He said 'listen this isn't North Korea, this is England, we live in a democracy so I'm afraid you're going to have to get out of my salon'."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well said that Barber!
Great advert too:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

projectbane

This is funny. North Korea sent embassy officials to do what? NOTHING as they are pointless. (should kick those losers out of the UK)

i don't even know why do they have embassies in other countries , as if they have any good relation with anybody

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In North Korea it carries a death-penalty to "desecrate" pictures of the leader. Its their religion-substitute (as they are atheists) and they take it very, very seriously.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

projectbane

You should see the North Korean Embassy

USA Embassy

Chinese Embassy

Russian Embassy

Japans Embassy

North Koreans "Embassy"

Yeah......

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Skyfloating
In North Korea it carries a death-penalty to "desecrate" pictures of the leader. Its their religion-substitute (as they are atheists) and they take it very, very seriously.

But the UK isn't North Korea so we are free to desecrate dear leader as much as we like

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Spooks Dr UAE,the same reason anyone has an embassy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Did the embassy boys have the same haircut???

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You sir are hilarious star for you

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join