It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calgary Stabbings: 5 Youths Dead in Northwest Calgary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Happens everywhere but not frequently in Canada.

Just getting more in now.

A suspect is in custody after five people, all youths in their teens to 20s, died following early-morning stabbings in northwest Calgary. The stabbings happened around 1:20 a.m. MT on Tuesday at an address in the 100 block of Butler Crescent N.W., police said. According to neighbours, the youths had been celebrating the last day of university classes with a fire in a home's backyard.
www.cbc.ca...

All those who died were in their late teens to early 20s, police said. The suspect fled on foot but police arrested him about 40 minutes later with assistance from the K-9 unit. Investigators are not looking for any more suspects

Youth is always the most Difficult to Deal with so I know this will hit many.

One report is that not many were even there. About 12-20 people only. Neighbors never heard a thing. Even the house next Door reports the same.Very strange.

Peace

edit on 15-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This really sucks
These people are around my age too. I'm not from the area but to think someone could just got stab 5 people to death. Knives are not exactly the quickest way to kill someone (unless you know the right places)

He took advantage that they were all probably drunk and enjoying themselves.
But we are also not getting the whole story as usual, knowing the motivation would be nice. Perhaps these kids got in with the wrong crowd (coc aine in calgary is a huge problem)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

AzureSky
This really sucks
These people are around my age too. I'm not from the area but to think someone could just got stab 5 people to death. Knives are not exactly the quickest way to kill someone (unless you know the right places)

He took advantage that they were all probably drunk and enjoying themselves.
But we are also not getting the whole story as usual, knowing the motivation would be nice. Perhaps these kids got in with the wrong crowd (coc aine in calgary is a huge problem)

The only thing I can see is Drugs but that's just me.

Maybe people too high to ward off an attack with the attacker having a bad trip?

Dunno, Still coming out but so far nothing else new.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What is up with these knife attacks as of late?

Very strange, as the knife is usually the last thing someone looks to, to injure someone with. It is very personal, requires some skill, strength and the use of fine motor skills.

Very weird.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

macman
reply to post by jude11

What is up with these knife attacks as of late?

Very strange, as the knife is usually the last thing someone looks to, to injure someone with. It is very personal, requires some skill, strength and the use of fine motor skills.

Very weird.

Kinda plays against the gun argument huh?

Anything can kill if used right. Maybe we'll all be using butter knives as our only cutting utensil soon. I remember Britain wanting to outlaw kitchen knives,

news.bbc.co.uk...

A team from West Middlesex University Hospital said violent crime is on the increase - and kitchen knives are used in as many as half of all stabbings. They argued many assaults are committed impulsively, prompted by alcohol and drugs, and a kitchen knife often makes an all too available weapon. The research is published in the British Medical Journal. The researchers said there was no reason for long pointed knives to be publicly available at all.

Strange times...

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
5 is a very esoteric and dark hat number. Will wait to see who the suspect is, but I am highly suspicious of the entire events lately, stabbings everywhere. Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Pretty strange incident. In my opinion Alberta is a weird place, lots of drug abuse so my bet is on drugs.

All that during the blood red moon

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
my bet is not on street drugs...SSRIs
if not the gun, or knife, then the car, or the stick...or the rock...or the knuckle

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
"Another stabbing in Calgary?" was the first thought to pop into my head when I seen it on the news this morning. I seem to recall many high-profile stabbings - usually during house parties - in that city over the past several years, almost always involving many more than a single victim. What distresses me about these kinds of attacks is that as opposed to gunshots, these stabbings can proceed relatively unnoticed in such crowded and noisy environments.

Terrible.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The problem with weapons:

In the backyard with a bunch of people by a fire. Well, fire is a weapon. Logs are a weapon. Chairs are a weapon. Likely a hatchet, axe or maul nearby. All weapons. Perhaps the fire was in a ring of stones or blocks? Weapons.

I think we'd all be very hard pressed to find any thing that could not be a weapon.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Got the ViD:

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Metro News is reporting that the suspect in custody is the son of a "senior police officer".

The son of a senior Calgary police officer is in custody in connection with the stabbing deaths of five people believed to have been celebrating the end of the University of Calgary’s winter semester.

A source confirmed to Metro that the individual apprehended near the scene of the party-turned-horrific-crime-scene is the son of a “senior police officer.”

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They released the name of the suspect. He is a psychology graduate who was recently accepted into law school. I know this guy from my first couple years of uni and never would I have guessed it was him. He was very nice and seemed quite jolly. I think it may be psychological, ironically, but who knows.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Terrible waste of life and a little too close to home for me. All I can say is best wished to all the family involved and hopefully people in the area come together to renounce senseless violence.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I liked it better when EVERYTHING wasn't in the news.....People are stabbed, shot, beatin, ran over, poisoned. Everyday. It's getting to a point people need to know every event that lead up to it. By searching the computer and then arguing with eye witness experts about facts they found online.. It happened. So what I say.....How does is this connected to YOU.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Did you see this one as well? Regina mall, youth started stabbing random strangers.

www.cbc.ca...

top topics

join