It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Cold War never ended?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
What if the Cold War didn't end with the fall of the Soviet Union? Russia still has over 8,000 nukes, and the U.S. has damn near that amount. What if we're still in danger, and this prolonged warfare benefits the elite of both countries and every one in between at the highest, most elite and most clandestine levels.

bionicmosquito.blogspot.com...

So I guess I have two thoughts about this: first, is this a sign that the US is calling it quits in the GWOT? Or, to state it more accurately, has the GWOT well run dry? For me, it seems reasonable to speculate that the answer to this is yes.

Second, what does this say about those above the politicians? Do the same people who control the west also control Russia? For this, the answer is not any clearer to me today than it was yesterday. Are there multiple criminal gangs fighting for turf, or one gang using the toolkit to control the rest of us? Criminal gangs don’t have to be permanently aligned to find reason to work together in common cause. Or perhaps more precisely, the same event can be beneficial to both sides; therefore, both sides have reason to promote the same event.

Renewing the Cold War solves many problems in both the West and Russia. This is good for the elite and not-so-good for the rest of us, no matter how the elite are aligned.

But back to the subject of this post – perhaps, in the Ukraine, we are seeing the end of the global war on terror…because we are seeing the return to the Cold War.

Basically, my speculative answer to the emboldened parts above is YES. Note the segments underlined and/or emphasized. I do believe that the Russian and Western governments at the highest level ARE INDEED in on it together to screw over everyone underneath them on both sides of the conflict. God forbid the Russian and American people realize this and begin working together!

What are your thoughts on Cold War II, or rather, the Cold War that never ended?

edit on 15-4-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If the cold war had not ended, america would still have an external enemy uniting people against them, preventing the descomposition it now suffers.

Example we need your ranch to fight the evil communist instead of we need your ranch for turtles. Someone would say yes to the first more easily.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Davian

Cold wars, hot wars, its all just cloak and dagger Illuminati agenda oriented bull crap!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Indigent
If the cold war had not ended, america would still have an external enemy uniting people against them, preventing the descomposition it now suffers.

Example we need your ranch to fight the evil communist instead of we need your ranch for turtles. Someone would say yes to the first more easily.

What if they are the Communists?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It most certainly never ended

Never mind the cold war

WWII never ended

As long as the elements of the warring factions remained they will still be enemies, The soviet flame is still very much burning in Moscow

Hench no let up from the allies in the West

Russia's continuous and relentless activities across the globe rivaling the west instead or working with them is a clear sign that the soviet flame never went out just regrouped and redesigned

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

Never mind the cold war

WWII never ended

As long as the elements of the warring factions remained they will still be enemies, The soviet flame is still very much burning in Moscow

Russia's continuous and relentless activities across the globe rivaling the west instead or working with them is a clear sign that the soviet flame never went out just regrouped and redesigned

I am also quite shocked that for example Russia didn't help the West to ravage Iraq & Afghanistan, how could they not join the party!?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If the original Cold War never ended then I believe Earth would be a nuclear wasteland by now and none of us would be here discussing things. If anything any remaining survivors would be busy right now trying to grow irradiated food from the scorched earth. It would be a miserable existence. I for one thought Gorby had achieved what we all longed for, world peace and a new beginning. Now we are seeing Cold War 2 and I frankly don't think we will survive it. A terrible tradegy for us all

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

demus

TritonTaranis

Never mind the cold war

WWII never ended

I am also quite shocked that for example Russia didn't help the West to ravage Iraq & Afghanistan, how could they not join the party!?

What like Russia ravaged Afghanistan, Georgia, Syria etc?

edit on 15-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Let us not forget, however, the threat the west pose as well, equally as much as Russia, and with their allies many times over.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Cold War never ended. The Bear just went into hibernation for awhile.

Now it's awake again.

top topics

join