It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Though Millions of Voices Cried Out And Were Silenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No, not the direct quote, but then again it is only April 15 and not the destruction of a planet.

So besides being the day when all Americans have to bow down to the IRS, what else is there?

Today I have my annual apartment inspection conducted by the city's Department of Rentals. This is to insure that the tenants are not destroying the place and that the landlords are taking care of needed repairs. Fun and joy all around because I hate having people over in the first place, let alone strangers and by law to boot.

And worst of all, I awoke to an inch of snow.

So not only has the IRS attacked political parties, I now blame them for taxing the light of moon last night and Spring itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
At first when I read your title and coincided it with the date,I thought you might be posting of the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Tis today,and your title would have spoke volumes. Seems many have forgotten.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yes paying taxes is a painful process but they go to good things as paying for your oppressors and miscellaneous things nobody care about as streets and stuff.

We share your pain

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ahabstar
I hate having people over in the first place, let alone strangers and by law to boot.

I hear ya'. We don't have company over. Period. We don't like anyone in our house who doesn't live here.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Ahabstar
I hate having people over in the first place, let alone strangers and by law to boot.

I hear ya'. We don't have company over. Period. We don't like anyone in our house who doesn't live here.

It makes me want to visit you now

_______
Oh well my good old dad always said visitors are like fish, have them over 3 days and they reek

(now that i think of it he told it more during my vacations when i visit them
)
edit on 15-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Indigent

I just don't like company and I don't want people in the house. Maybe because i'm chronically ill (and tired and grumpy). But this is my zone. My husband likes the house to himself as well. So it works great. If we get together with people .. which we don't do often .. it's either at their homes or it's meeting somewhere else, like the Art Museum or in the city somewhere.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Indigent

I just don't like company and I don't want people in the house. Maybe because i'm chronically ill (and tired and grumpy). But this is my zone. My husband likes the house to himself as well. So it works great. If we get together with people .. which we don't do often .. it's either at their homes or it's meeting somewhere else, like the Art Museum or in the city somewhere.

I am glad to see that my husband and I are not alone in this area. Matter of fact we don't even buy mats to wipe your feet on at the front door with "Welcome" written on them. We don't want to give anyone the impression that we like visitors.
Both of us are kind of like hermits. We rarely even go out to eat. We will order from nice steakhouses to go and take it home where we can enjoy it in our own domain, in our socks, in our pj's, damn near any way we want.

Company is WAY overrated. The public is really WAY overrated and solitude is WAY underrated IMO.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Matter of fact we don't even buy mats to wipe your feet on at the front door with "Welcome" written on them. We don't want to give anyone the impression that we like visitors.

There is a store in town that had door mats saying 'GO AWAY' on them. I seriously considered getting them for our house. In the end, we got one for my elderly mother who doesn't like having people over either. She loved it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They should make one that says "Check for Traps"

Yeah, I played D&D. No, I was never the party thief. Although I did play many other rogue type characters. Bards, Rangers and such.

And yes, today was the sinking of the Titanic as well as the Boston Bombing and Lincoln's Assassination

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
So, the idea that I don't like company is not an isolated one?

Oh, good, I thought I was peculiar there. I always hate having people just show up unannounced.

top topics

join