It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:14 AM
13:32 GMT:
The headquarters of the National Defense of Dnepropetrovsk region has announced a US $10,000 reward for every foreign “saboteur” passed over to the military at checkpoints on the borders of the region, announced Yury Bereza, the commander of the Dnepr-1 special forces unit, reports the UNIAN agency. The pro-Kiev government movement has also vowed to pay US $200,000 for freeing an administrative building seized by protesters.

Earlier, Ukrainian media reported that Ukraine’s largest bank, Privat bank, also promised to pay US$10,000 for every “Moskal” – which is an insulting word used by Ukrainians to refer to Russians. The bank was founded by the country’s third richest man, Kiev-appointed governor of Dnepropetrovsk, Igor Kolomoysky.

The Ukrainian Interior Ministry has welcomed the reward initiative and promised to award all policemen “demonstrating heroism and loyalty to Ukrainian people” amid “anti-terrorist” operation with medals and promotion, it said in a statement as cited by Interfax-Ukraine.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
reply to post by Rocker2013

You are correct they didn't use military but instead used the Nazi's and agent provocateurs as snipers held up in the hotel that they controlled .ie. the phone calls ...Yanukovych agreed to use the previous constitution and have new elections in May . You and other's are relying on you tube clips to suggest that these protesters in the east are Russian agents .Some vid' using downed Syrian air craft to claim they were in Ukraine ....There is a report posted that comes from Germany that looked into the Maidan shootings that claimed it looked like the shooting came from the hotel .

And the intern Govt. in Ukraine was not elected but was installed by Washington the phone call by F--K the EU Nuland .Had they acted correctly they should have put the opposition in as intern and not the minority Nazi party . Which is what we are seeing now that the country is on the brink of a civil war . And where we are seeing some of the Ukraine military defecting and not wanting to call the people terrorist because they are not .

ETA 14:26 GMT:
Twenty five of the 63 people detained overnight, after the attempted storming of a military base in Mariupol, have been released, Itar-Tass reports.

Police “could not charge those 25 people with anything,” Ukrainian Interior Ministry adviser, Stanislav Rechinsky, told journalists.

14:23 GMT:
About 100 anti-government activists have arrived at Donetsk international airport with a flag of the self-proclaimed Donetsk Republic, chanting “Donetsk is a Russian city.” According to airport spokesman Dmitry Kosinov, there are “no aggressive actions” coming from the protesters and the airport continues to operate normally. The airport staff is currently negotiating with the activists.
edit on 17-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

ETA 15:26 GMT:
Dozens of unarmed people rallying in Donetsk airport went there to protest against the travel restrictions imposed on Russian citizens by the Kiev authorities, Aleksandr Kots of Komsomolskaya Pravda daily told RT.

According to Kots, the group included representatives of the so-called Donetsk Republic, who say that they “don’t take orders” from the coup-imposed Kiev government and will decide on the border control rules on their own. The protesters are demanding that airport and border guard officials start negotiations with Donetsk Republic representatives on the issue, Kots said.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
reply to post by Rocker2013

No, we didn't intervene with military. Not this time.

As for political meddling in Ukrainian affairs and destabilizing the situation in Ukraine, research public appearances by our German FM Westerwelle, US Assistance Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, or the American senator John McCain.

As for the vast amounts of money invested into Ukraine, I suggest to check this thread by Wrabbit2000, here on ATS.

As for the impeachement of Yanukovych, I'd suggest you check:
Ukraine-Faktencheck (German Spiegel), or
Hague has been cavalier with the facts... (The Telegraph), or
How William Hague Deceived the House of Commons on Ukraine (Huffpost UK).

The Ukrainian parliament violated their own constitution, and the new authorities in Kiev are de jure illegitimate, according to their own laws. Recognizing the interim Government was therefore grossly negligent (especially from a German POV).

As for new investigations that sniper-fire on Maidan came from the windows of Hotel Ukraina, I'd suggest you check the German ARD Monitor report from 10.04.2014 here:
Who is responsible for the Maidan-Bloodbath?
(You don't speak German by any chance? Else you have to use Google-translate or something)

As for NATO's not-so-secret Army, I'd suggest the Book (or the studies) of Dr. Daniele Ganser, a renowned historian in Germanspeaking countries: "NATO-Geheimarmeen in Europa - Inszenierter Terror und verdeckte Kriegsführung", (NATO's Secret Armies - staged terror and covert warfare), which was also translated into english.
The investigations into UNA-UNSO's link to GLADIO will take time, so no evidence there yet.
When this turns out to be true though (which I assume after hearing an interview with Ganser) this means that NATO is covertly working in Ukraine since the "Orange Revolution".

Last, regarding Russia's breach of international law -

As I said before, NATO/US/EU are in no position to point fingers at Russia.
International laws either apply to all, or to none, and we violated said laws.
If we agree rules apply, all sides have to sit down and talk serious.
If not - all bets are off and all is fair game.
edit on 17-4-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
reply to post by the2ofusr1

"The headquarters of the National Defense of Dnepropetrovsk region has announced a US $10,000 reward for every foreign “saboteur” passed over to the military at checkpoints on the borders of the region"

Boy that's a lot of money, look will they double it if i hand my own grandmother in ?

Last I knew was the Ukraine was so skint that it could not pay the gas bill so I would like to know where all this money came from.

Hitler also played that little game too, it was quite successful at the time.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
reply to post by VirusGuard

As it goes it seems that they are willing to even play the Jew card

ETA update 18:55 GMT:
An anti-government activist has been wounded during a government assault on an impromptu roadblock outside Kramatorsk, Russia’s RIA news agency reports.

A man wearing camouflage was taken away by ambulance with undisclosed injuries.

Earlier, two parallel and peaceful demonstrations by supporters of Ukraine’s status quo, and pro-Russian federalization advocates in the center of the city, had to be separated by a human chain of police officers, but no casualties were reported.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:49 PM

What we are seeing is foreplay for whats coming down the road.

Now guns are being pointed at the local "Terrorist" in the east they are being forced to fight back with one hand tied behind their back as the far right marches in to town to give them a good kicking.

A fan as I am of RT I do think they are over playing the Jewish issue and every effort will now be made to remove reporters that are not puppets of the west, it's already started so the news will come from uploads to Youtube if YT don't start blocking them all.

People very rarely riot when it's cold, the summer has only just started but if this drags on then we in Europe might end up with no gas this winter because you can guarantee the pipes will get blown at some stage.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:45 PM

originally posted by: kx12x
reply to post by GrantedBail

In my opinion, this is what Russia has been waiting for. One can assume they've been rocking the boat in Ukraine. That's doesn't go without saying the US/EU didn't have their part in this to begin with. I guess we'll see what happens next..

Correction, kx12x... it's what Russia and America have been waiting for.

America stirred he pot to push Russia this direction. Russia is playing it's own game of chess. Nobody is in the right here and many average Ukrainians are stuck in the middle of the bulls#!t.

This is almost like 50 year old payback for Russia sending missiles to Cuba. This time the USA is pushing things on the doorstep of Russia instead of Russia on USA's doorstep.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:45 AM
09:26 GMT:
Over the last 24 hours, Ukraine’s border guards prevented 33 Russian citizens, traveling by Aeroflot, from entering the country, ITAR-TASS reported. A day earlier Aeroflot warned its passengers that the company had received notification from Kiev that Ukraine will bar entry to Russian male citizens aged between 16 and 60. The same restrictions apply to all Ukrainian citizens registered in the Crimea and the city of Sevastopol, which both recently seceded from Ukraine and joined the Russian Federation. Aeroflot schedules flights from Moscow to several Ukrainian cities, including the capital Kiev, Donetsk, Dnepropetrovsk, Kharkov and Odessa. The company are prepared to reimburse passengers in full should they opt to cancel their trip to Ukraine, but so far only a few have done this and Aeroflot has no plans to stop flights to the country.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:00 AM
12:05 GMT:
The Interior Ministry of Ukraine has denied all allegations of atrocities performed by the ultra-right nationalist Right Sector organization in the eastern pro-federalization districts of the country, Interfax reported. “The rumors about atrocities allegedly perpetrated by the Right Sector in the area of the counter-terrorist operation are not consistent with the reality,” maintained Interior Minister counselor, Stanislav Rechinsky, at a media briefing on Friday. “There’s no Right Sector there, only the servicemen of the National Guard, and they do not commit outrages.”

Earlier this week, Andrey Parubiy, head of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, announced that the first battalion of a National Guard “comprised of volunteers from Maidan self-defense troops,” has left Kiev for the Southeast. Ukraine’s National Guard is being formed to eventually become a 60,000-strong force completely independent from the country’s military and police. The citizens in the eastern parts of the country who want to conduct a federalization referendum have fears that militants that once backed the coup and later entered the National Guard could be used against them.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
16:44 GMT:
The OSCE mission on Ukraine has been ordered to start its work, Russian OSCE envoy Andrey Kelin told Itar-Tass on Friday.

“In Vienna, despite the Easter holidays, the work has started, the mission on Ukraine has been ordered to start acting immediately,” Kelin said.

According to the April-17 Geneva treaty, the mission is to play “the leading role” in de-escalating the political crisis in Ukraine.

Ukraine’s coup-imposed acting Foreign Minister Andrey Deshchytsa on Friday said the mission is already working in eastern Ukraine.

16:00 GMT:
The so-called “anti-terrorist operation” is continuing in eastern Ukrainian despite the April-17 Geneva agreements, but it has temporarily entered an “inactive phase,” Kiev authorities announced on Friday.

ETA cross talk discussion RT

edit on 18-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:25 PM
Investigation Finds Former Ukraine President Not Responsible For Sniper Attack on Protestors

Michael Hudson: A German TV investigation disproves the West's claim that Yanukovych was responsible for killing of dozens of Ukrainian protestors, making this President Obama's WMD moment.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
Fake Flyer Fury: 'Letter to Jews' Kerry cited was forged

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
You're not going to win in Ukraine

Argue Russia's actions are acceptable all you wish... Your not going to win

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
More mass protests in the East of Ukraine, again dwarfing and eclipsing the pro Russian demos and terrorist gangs in the East

Donetsk 17th April 2014

This Russian propaganda campaign and Russian aggression in Ukraine has FAILED

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM

originally posted by: VirusGuard

"The headquarters of the National Defense of Dnepropetrovsk region has announced a US $10,000 reward for every foreign “saboteur” passed over to the military at checkpoints on the borders of the region"

Boy that's a lot of money, look will they double it if i hand my own grandmother in ?

Last I knew was the Ukraine was so skint that it could not pay the gas bill so I would like to know where all this money came from.

Hitler also played that little game too, it was quite successful at the time.

You sure your not LYING?

KIEV (Reuters) - A billionaire regional governor in eastern Ukraine put a $10,000 bounty on the head of any Russian "saboteur" on Thursday and pledged a reward for the Ukrainian troops who shot protesters at their base overnight. Aides to banking and energy tycoon Igor Kolomoisky, who was appointed last month by the new government in Kiev to run the industrial region of Dnipropetrovsk, also offered payments for weapons handed in to the local authorities and a reward of $200,000 for anyone who "liberated" an occupied public building.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I'm not sure who you're talking to... but who IS going to win in Ukraine??

It's not the Ukrainians, that's for sure. So please enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:36 PM

originally posted by: ColCurious

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I'm not sure who you're talking to... but who IS going to win in Ukraine??

It's not the Ukrainians, that's for sure. So please enlighten me.

It will be Ukraine.

It might take a while, but Russia will be forced out of E Ukraine. I'll tell you why...

1. Russia has risked far too much to attempt this land grab, this will lead to several other former USSR nations increasing their relations with NATO, which is already happening. This will put more pressure on Putin to pull back.

2. Russia faces an economic crunch. There are already business leaders and members of Putin's own government warning him that things are about to become very unstable in Russia as money floods from the country and investments are reversed.

3. Several European countries import Russian gas, but although they still need some of that they are looking to the US for imports and increasing their use of alternatives. Lets also not forget that Russia needs to sell gas just as much as other nations need to import it, if not more so. Putin gets a hell of a lot of internal support from the Gas industry, support that would all but collapse if their exports really did plummet.

4. Ukraine already has the support of numerous nations around the world, and they will rally to help the country back onto its feet. The same cannot be said of Russia. It supposedly has China, but even China is not willing to support Russia openly at the UN.

These are just a few of the things that make this an impossible situation for Russia. Russia will probably keep Crimea for a decade or two, but soon it'll become a burden. The cost of maintaining that peninsula is out of Russia's capability, and the people there will regret the transition. Infrastructure will collapse, tourism has already ended, the youth will flee to West Ukraine the moment they have the chance because there is absolutely no opportunity for them under Russian rule.

Lets also not forget Turkey.

They have control of the Black Sea whether Russia likes it or not. They have traditionally supported the Ukrainian people and the ethnic Tartars of Crimea. If Russia really wants to start playing games, they'll be locked into the Black Sea with a NATO control of the only exit, rendering their base there almost obsolete. The Crimean position is only sustainable with access through Turkey controlled waters.

So what is Russia going to do, attack Turkey? That will be interesting to see, considering it's a member of NATO and any attack on them will result in an immediate and overwhelming response. There is no chance in hell that Russia could maintain military dominance against NATO.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
For something to add I found this piece .Its worth a read [

Making Sense Of The Latest Kerry Lavrov Deal

By The Saker

April 18, 2014 "ICH" - Ok, first the necessary caveats:

1) Kerry and Lavrov already had a deal on Syria, also made in Geneva, but then the USA reneged.
2) The EU also had a deal on the Ukraine with Yanukovich, who was overthrown literally the next day.
3) The USA, NATO and the EU have lied, cheated, mis-represented, twisted and simply betrayed pretty much every promise which they made to Russia ever since Russia freed itself from the yoke of Communism in 1991.
4) The USA probably has as much control over the Ukrainian crazies a la Right Sector as it does over al-Qaeda, tenuous at best.
5) Putin does have a lot of "street cred" in the eastern Ukraine, but it is far from being infinite.
6) The USA does have full control over the Ukrainian oligarchs, but they, in turn, are clearly in a struggle with the nationalist crazies who probably have more firepower and crowd muscle than these oligarchs.

To these caveats, I also want to add a few basic reminders because from the comments I have seen on my previous initial post, a lot of you are over-reacting to this latest developments. So, just for context, please keep in mind that

1) The Kiev regime has proven that it does not have the means to crush the rebellion in the East.
2) For reasons I have already mentioned many times, NATO and the US do not have a military option in the Ukraine.
3) Western sanctions are not significantly hurting Russia and they are very significantly help Putin's personal popularity and reforms program.
4) Time is not on the side of the regime in Kiev as the West cannot rescue the Ukraine; Russia can, but will not do so as long as the regime in power remains both illegitimate and crazy.
5) Popular militia can which materialize overnight can also disappear overnight.
6) Until now Kiev has rejected any negotiations with the East.
7) Kiev hold tens or even hundreds of anti-Fascist activists in its jails.
8) The population which would suffer from open warfare is in the East.

Ok, now that we have set the context, let us look at what happened today:

1) Kiev has agreed to negotiate with the East.
2) All illegal armed groups will have to disarm (that was already agreed between Yanukovich and the EU).
3) OSCE monitors will be dispatched to the East to monitor the situation.
4) Kiev has committed to legal reforms for greater autonomy.
5) The Crimea has not even been discussed.
6) The EU has accepted Putin's proposal to discuss gas deliveries.
7) Nobody will face prosecution except for major crimes.

He writes a little way further "Crimea? It will see a huge economic boom starting this summer with a wave of "patriotic tourism" and *massive* investments from the Russian business community which will now get a chance to bid and invest in all the neglected infrastructure the Ukies left after them and all the numerous millionaire mansions the Ukrainian oligarchs have built. Crimea will become the "jewel of the Black Sea" and the economic powerhouse of southern Russia. Military contracts, huge ones, will begin pouring in (the Russian Navy already ordered 5 ships today).

The Ukraine? It will get poorer, more unstable, totally dependent on western emergency aid which will barely let the regime stay in power unless the revolutionaries come to their senses or tell Uncle Sam to buzz off. Either way, as long as the rump-Ukraine remains anti-Russia (nevermind a Nazi Banderastan) it will remain a bankrupt failed state."

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:10 PM
a reply to: Rocker2013

Good evening, Rocker2013.

I will reply to your post as soon as possible (probably tomorrow), but unfortunately I have to leave now with the family for easter-fire. Would you mind taking the time to adress my last reply to your post here, please?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
At about 12:35 of this vid ,Max Kaiser is speaking with a guest that gives some very interesting information on Nuland and other actors behind the scene on the Ukraine ..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>