It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

It's hard to imagine how two large resource rich nations would benefit from being enemies. In history it is usually industrial nations with low resources against nations with resources as was the case in the world wars and most other wars. The cold war was a purely ideological war and happened in an environment where the nations involved had no natural enemies. I dont believe it is wise to continue this in the current global reality where there are plenty of emerging powers with real non-ideological reasons to try to gain control of resource rich nations.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

marinesniper0317
reply to post by elysiumfire

Well your opinion is just that yours, my screen name is accurate so when I tell you that if American's are killed on its home soil as with 9/11 the will to take our Russia will be there. Poke the Bear (what a joke), its silly to get into a discussion regrind military might as it is completely obvious whom the victor is if the gloves were allowed to be taken off.

Again poke the Bear (what a joke, poke him all you want, let him get his Ukrainian Salmon BUT DO NOT THREATEN American bloodshed on US soil or Putin will not have much to preside over when the war is over (assuming nukes are not used, mutually assured destruction etc)), you do know what kills Bears right...? Humans and the most powerful human military has been at war for over 10 years, that type of ongoing practice cannot be learned quickly and the last time I checked Russia has not been part of any major war in how long...?

hey having National pride or hatred of the US is freedom of speech, enjoy it...just do not believe its reality...

Sniper

Almighty Captain Murica has spoken.
Looking for WMD and guarding poppy seed fields in third world countries is not exactly a major war activity, isn't it?
But hey we all have dreams and we are all heroes in our own heads.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Donetsk protested peacefully but the junta did not hear them and the authorities in Kiev only communicate with their designated governors not only took 70 people hostage and demanding a ransom from relatives for every 150,000 hryvnia

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

mangust69
Donetsk protested peacefully but the junta did not hear them and the authorities in Kiev only communicate with their designated governors not only took 70 people hostage and demanding a ransom from relatives for every 150,000 hryvnia

people will prevail my friend. No amount of CIA operatives, mercenaries, nazi thugs from the west of Kiev can beat the power of people on the east. And people have spoken. Kiev didn't listen and now we have Novorussiya in a making.
Well I guess it was suppose to happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"Switching Sides: Ukrainian armored unit joins anti-govt protesters " RY..YT www.youtube.com... They mention Sky news and I have found that Sky has been a propaganda outlet in a couple instances ...peace

ETA Video: Armored personnel carriers enter east Ukrainian cities www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

ETA East Ukrainian people stand up for their rights amid Kiev's militar www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Hi ..Thanks for your posts .It seems the propaganda machines weather news outlets or pro-western posters in this thread and others are loosing the information war on what is probably closer to the truth of the matter ...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
the main road is the one on which the tank goes? not In this youtu.be... case...conscription in army Ukraine youtu.be... go to war with their own people or in jail
edit on 16/4/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mangust69

I have no way of knowing what the people are saying in the 2 vids .I did see the first one a couple of days ago but even then I wasn't sure what was happening . I took the first vid as the people were stopping the tank from going to fight the people in the east ...Can you give a better English explanation who these people are and what exactly is going on ? thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

SLOVIANSK, Ukraine – Ukraine’s “anti-terrorist operation” to take back areas in eastern Ukraine seized by pro-Russian forces faltered as units of Ukraine’s elite forces in tanks and armored personnel carriers defected to the pro-Russian side.

In at least two towns – Sloviansk and Kramatorsk – armored vehicles were seen flying Russian flags and carrying defected troops.

Bad news for Ukraine ....

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

villagers Rodinskoe were not allowed tank goes in the city Slavyansk (115,000 inhabitants) 2video drafted into the army retraining for 10 days who refused to prison who agreed not to release 45 + days for escape 3-5 years in prison

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21 for goyims of Ukraine good news, bad for junta

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Lugansk detained a truck with weapons for the Nazis from the right sector youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It seems that Kiev is saying that it is a tactic to look pro-Russian ...A form of gorilla warfare . ..could be or maybe it's a talking point given by the western FBI/CIA handlers

11:32 GMT:

The Russian flags on Ukrainian Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) were a stratagem, Kiev says. According to the acting head of the Batkivshchina Party, Sergey Sobolev, the Ukrainian military raised Russian flags on their vehicles on purpose, to fool the Donetsk region’s self-defense squads and thus be able to get into areas under the control of protesters.

“Those were our military units using guerilla methods of intervention,” Sobolev said, citing the acting Defense Minister. “Very soon, in two to three hours this maneuver is going to be disclosed and you’ll understand that it was actually a breakthrough, which our units thus carried out.” rt.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mangust69

Thank you for that vid ...It's good to see the people getting those weapons away from the Nazi's and taken care of the situation in a peaceful way .

ETA Wednesday, April 16
12:51 GMT:
The Donetsk Region has defined the questions to be put on the May 11 referendum, stated regional Councilor Irina Popova. There will be just two of them:

1) Do you support the creation of an independent Donetsk Republic?

2) Of which state should a Donetsk Republic be part of: Ukraine or the Russian Federation?

The Central Election Commission of Donetsk Region has already been allocated a headquarters building next to the regional government administration and is currently forming the list of members.

12:36 GMT:
Around 60 soldiers manning Ukrainian armored vehicles sent to Kramatorsk to carry out military operations against anti-government protesters have switched sides and joined the local self-defense forces, RIA Novosti reports, citing the self-defense forces.

“We’ve seen here that these are neither separatists nor terrorists, but ordinary local residents, with whom we are not going to go into battle,” one of the defecting soldiers said.

All of the troops who decided to side with the self-defense forces come from Dnepropetrovsk, the next-door region to Donetsk.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
It seems that Kiev is saying that it is a tactic to look pro-Russian ...A form of gorilla warfare . ..could be or maybe it's a talking point given by the western FBI/CIA handlers

The Russian flags on Ukrainian Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) were a stratagem, Kiev says. According to the acting head of the Batkivshchina Party, Sergey Sobolev, the Ukrainian military raised Russian flags on their vehicles on purpose, to fool the Donetsk region’s self-defense squads and thus be able to get into areas under the control of protesters.

Sounds to me as if they have all been watching 'Private Benjamin!' Seems odd to let the cat out of the bag before any objective is met don'tcha think?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

the2ofusr1

“Those were our military units using guerilla methods of intervention,” Sobolev said, citing the acting Defense Minister. “Very soon, in two to three hours this maneuver is going to be disclosed and you’ll understand that it was actually a breakthrough, which our units thus carried out.” rt.com...

It appeared that up until now Putin was being pretty damn lenient, and allowing anyone who wanted to choose sides to do so. I watched a video where some military returned to western Ukraine, bitter that most of their "brothers" had sided with Moscow.

But if this is true and they achieved entry using Russian flags, pro-Russian entities will have no choice but to detain any future pro-russian military claimers, removing them from the equation until the dust settles. They might be fooled once, but twice? I doubt it. If a Russian invasion follows to stop Kiev from killing protestors, they don't really need the help anyways. But detained for a while is still better than dead.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Russia has asked the USA to hold back the killings and to keep its dogs at home in the Ukranes and is not buying the story that 1/3 of the popultion can be called terrorists.

If the USA won't do it then its only a matter of time before Russia is forced to storm the country to administer some justice to these dog and to then restore order.

Once again we are seeing american double standards and its puppets in Europe turning a blind eye.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

As scotland48 said above , if it is a tactic they were using then it was awful dumb to admit to it .Kind of the whole strategy goes out the window don't ya think .Looking at the civilian check points and them basically confiscating the arms is a good way to do it .I hear there has been some shooting at some of the check points but it's coming from away .I haven't heard any follow up to that and if they neutralized the situation there .

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The gall of America to call ordinary Ukrainian citizens as 'terrorists' is breath-taking. It's all part of the CIA psy-op to use the term 'terrorist' in order to appeal to Western civilian observers watching with humane interest the events transpiring in the Ukraine. Use the term 'terrorist' and link the ordinary Ukrainians to fundamental Islam and hope to gain an emotional prejudicial response as support for the American lie!

It is time all Ukraine ethnicity joined together to seek the elections and referendum whereby they can decide for themselves the compass point they want to face. It has nothing whatsoever to do with any Western country. Ukraine is to be no Iraq with a newly-installed puppet regime fawning corruptly to the West. A big well done to all the Ukraine military who are bearing testament to their belief in the Ukraine people. Civil war need not erupt, but a full clean sweep of the politicians is required. Do not allow the West to dictate terms on your future.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
remember vidos youtu.be... Pontiff released doves of peace for Ukraine

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join