It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

aarys
Is it just me, and my old crappy pc, Rt seems to be down.

RT is always going down.

Last month YouTube had a technical error and the RT app for my TV is always going down.

In fact this Twitter trouble could well be twitter themselves and nothing to do with a cyber attack on someone else and is nothing more than an excuse.

The satalite signal over Europr for Russia Today is also kept weak and is always the first to go down if we get a little rain.

Welcome to information wars!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

53 days.

Just 53 day ago Oleksandr Turchynov and his Government themselves were the oppostition on the streets.

53 days ago they were called terrorists. It took them 53 days... and now their opposition are the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

It's IMF language for, "May I have a loan, please."

Acknowledging reality ... what else could we have expected?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
April 15

13:35 Over Shakhtyorsk raised the flag of People's Republic of Donetsk
13:30 In sotssetyah photo appeared as a building of Donetsk Regional Administration remove arms of Ukraine.
13:20 In Sloviansk medical facilities since the beginning in confrontations turned eight people, according to Head of the Department of Health Elena Jim.

1 3:10 Acting President of Ukraine, Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov replaced Head of the Security Service of Ukraine in Luhansk region, to appoint a Greek Michael.

13:00 The police did not confirm the shooting ten militia members at a checkpoint under Slavonic, said Head of Public Relations of Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Donetsk region, Igor Demin.

"This information is untrue about the shooting. Though shooting incident was. Was driving the car, drove past the checkpoint and opened by people who were on duty, shooting from a traumatic weapons. Roadblocks answer machine gun. A man who was in the car, taken to hospital Gunshot wounds to the lower extremities, "- he said. korrespondent.net...< br />
ETA
13:40 AFV and buses under the Slavonic.

edit on 15-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

I was noticing a similarity between Ukraine and the U.S. in that in both countries situations are arising where protesters are being labelled as terrorists and their rights being taken away.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

GrantedBail
rt.com...

It is on.

Nothing 'is on'.

Its the Ukrainians proving their still alive.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The Defense Department has reported an incident in which military aircraft Russia has repeated passes at low altitude near USS, located on the Black Sea. Actions Russian airplane that took place on Saturday, were provocative and unprofessional, said on Monday the Pentagon spokesman Col. Steven Warren.

According to him, April 12 Russian Su-24 aircraft for about one and a half hours passed 12 times at low altitude directly from the U.S. destroyer Donald Cook, who is in the Black Sea on 10 April.

www.pravda.com.ua

You may have to translate the page.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

kx12x
In my opinion, this is what Russia has been waiting for. One can assume they've been rocking the boat in Ukraine. That's doesn't go without saying the US/EU didn't have their part in this to begin with. I guess we'll see what happens next..

My take on Mr. Putin, is that he's a KGB guy ... he plays chess, and isn't a drunk like Yieltsin. That being said, this will in my opinion stay on small scale, and only limited "containment" operations from the kreml.

This is a combined US/EU operations, to escalate the conflict ... with the Ukrainians hoping to be able to get the US/EU into Ukraine. Both are interrested in getting on the scene in Eastern Europe (First it was Napoleon, then Hitler and now ...). Ukraine is just a nationalistic puppets, hoping to get rich on gas reserves from Russia ... after all, they see themselves as the gateway to Europe.

I wonder if the Ukranians would be so "eager", if they knew that Europe is bankrupt ... just like the US.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

That same story was in RT yesterday rt.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I see that the CIA agent that the US sent there is hard at work. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Latest vid from RT on the troops going to the east www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Oh goody, another proxy war between the east and west.

Now we watch and see if it turns into World War 3.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here's the footage of that Ukrainian tank being forced to turn back.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is going to end badly for both sides.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

So is this a joint police and military operation?

B

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BennyOj

At this point it's hard to say what Washington's plan is . We know Kiev was briefed by CIA and that there are FBI there and who knows who else .Even the weapons are a question at the moment . Your guess is a good as anyone's . I would imagine that not all police or military personnel in the Ukraine will be wanting to get into this mess despite living there .At the moment though I would think that the protesters are in a good position when and if Russia wants to launch a counter .They have people on the ground and so that would put Kiev's mission in a very vulnerable position .It's really hard to say what the numbers are on both sides ...This also could have been avoided until after the meeting planned for next week .....peace

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by GrantedBail

53 days.

Just 53 day ago Oleksandr Turchynov and his Government themselves were the oppostition on the streets.

53 days ago they were called terrorists. It took them 53 days... and now their opposition are the terrorists.

I know people don't want to admit the distinction, but it is absolutely clear that Russia is leading a military attack to seize these towns and cities in E Ukraine.

Kiev was a democratic protest that only became violent when the authorities started attacking the protesters in the square. The government was no overthrown, Yanukovych ran away after agreeing to sign to constitutional changes that he then rejected. He was a corrupt, criminal leader and the people had a right to remove him.

There are elections coming up, don't forget that.

The fact that people are comparing what is happening in E Ukraine to what happened in Kiev displays a significant level of either complete denial of the truth, or complete idiocy.

Kiev was peaceful protest that went bad thanks to the actions of the criminal leader in government (this is not just hearsay and speculation, he was a criminal). The action being carried out in E Ukraine is being led by an invading foreign army.

Concede the difference or continue to sound like an irrational nincompoop.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Looks like it's started then.

ConflictBreakingNews ‏@MiddleEast_BRK 1m
#BreakingNews Confirmed air strikes on #Slavyansk airport.

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge · 15s
UKRAINE GOVT: RUSSIAN 45TH AIRBORNE IN SLOVYANSK, KRAMATORSK

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by BennyOj

At this point it's hard to say what Washington's plan is . We know Kiev was briefed by CIA and that there are FBI there and who knows who else .Even the weapons are a question at the moment . Your guess is a good as anyone's . I would imagine that not all police or military personnel in the Ukraine will be wanting to get into this mess despite living there .At the moment though I would think that the protesters are in a good position when and if Russia wants to launch a counter .They have people on the ground and so that would put Kiev's mission in a very vulnerable position .It's really hard to say what the numbers are on both sides ...This also could have been avoided until after the meeting planned for next week .....peace

The USA undoubtedly has an interest, but unless you have reasonable evidence to suggest direct involvement there's really nothing anyone can say about it.

On the other hand, it is a fact that Russia HAS INVADED another country.

So, we have speculation and opinion suggesting that the USA has "influenced" what is happening in Ukraine, and then we have actual evidence of Russia moving in and stealing a part of the country, then furthering their assault in the East of the country.

I find it baffling that people here would believe one and reject the other, denying evidence and actual fact in favor of supporting their political opinions and knee-jerk anti-Americanism.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Rocker2013

the2ofusr1
reply to post by BennyOj

The USA undoubtedly has an interest, but unless you have reasonable evidence to suggest direct involvement there's really nothing anyone can say about it.

On the other hand, it is a fact that Russia HAS INVADED another country.

So, we have speculation and opinion suggesting that the USA has "influenced" what is happening in Ukraine, and then we have actual evidence of Russia moving in and stealing a part of the country, then furthering their assault in the East of the country.

I find it baffling that people here would believe one and reject the other, denying evidence and actual fact in favor of supporting their political opinions and knee-jerk anti-Americanism.

I found it baffling that people did not see a cookie lady at Maidan events.
Hint-f...EU

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join