It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kiev launches Military Action in Eastern Ukraine

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The western MSM has to either spinn the news of just ignore the news ..No such a thing as reporting the news ..With Syria finally driving back the rebel forces ,it has been reported that some of them are or were headed to Ukraine with some of the more fancier US weapons that were supplied out of Benghazi .The west trying to isolate Russia will only cause them to completely move away from anything west and concentrate on their border countries .The US will more then likely have to give up most of their military bases in the middle east because of the success they needed to utilize them in land forces . The Ukraine I think has become the Wests last ditch effort to draw Russia into a war .Putin is not taking the bait ..What is happening in east Ukraine with the referendums will make for a interesting map where the US will end up with the pig in Kiev ...debt and all . a reply to: VirusGuard

edit on 11-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Youtube decided the content was "shocking and disgusting" and since we are all children we have no right to see such horrible things that are not sanctioned by those who wish to instill fear in us.

Google, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube now rules our virtual world and just using the worlds NoPal and Ebay in a tweets gets a instant block of the account and you may as well close it after that because none of your tweets get out.

Anyone that cares to look will understand that YT is an agent of the NWO but it's not so easy to convince people that Google is just as bad even when some people know that Google owns YT.

Now thats what I call "shocking and disgusting" but such is the control that it's hard to get the message out because Google uses the same old 1000-2000 controlled sites to answer anything that anyone asks on the internet and it's not like they make it obvious because they just hide it and don't get the chance to delete what people realy think.

edit on 11-5-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The gambit comes from – who else – Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is now actively mixing chess moves with Sun Tzu’s Art of War and Lao Tzu’s Tao Te Ching. No wonder all those American PR shills, helpless State Department spokespersons and NATOstan generals are clueless.

Unlike the Obama administration’s juvenile delinquent school of diplomacy – which wants to “isolate” Putin and Russia – a truce and possible deal in the ongoing Ukrainian tragedy has been negotiated between adults on speaking terms, Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, then discussed and finally announced in a press conference by the president of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, Didier Burghalter.

The deal will hold as long as the regime changers in Kiev – which should be described as the NATO neo-liberal, neo-fascist junta – abandon their ongoing “anti-terrorist operation” and are ready to negotiate with the federalists in Eastern and Southern Ukraine. [1]

Putin’s gambit has been to sacrifice not one but two pieces; he’d rather have the referendums this Sunday in Eastern Ukraine be postponed. At the same time, changing the Kremlin’s position, he said the presidential elections on May 25 might be a step in the right direction.

Moscow knows the referendums will be erroneously interpreted by the misinformed NATOstan combo as an argument for Eastern Ukraine to join Russia, as in Crimea. They could be used as pretext for more sanctions. And most of all Moscow is keen to prevent any possible false flags. [2]

Yet Moscow has not abandoned its firm position from the start; before a presidential election there should be constitutional changes towards federalization and more power for largely autonomous provinces. It’s not happening anytime soon – if at all.

With the Kiev NATO junta making an absolute mess of “governing”; the International Monetary Fund already running the disaster capitalism show, Russia cutting off trade and energy subsidies, and the federalist movement growing by the minute after the Odessa massacre, Ukraine is so absolutely toxic that Moscow has all the time in the world on its side. Putin’s strategy is indeed Tao Te Ching meets Art of War: watch the river flow while giving enough rope for your enemy to hang himself.
www.globalresearch.ca...

I have noticed that YT has somehow hid some of my channels I subscribe to . The rope seems to be tightening a bit .Too bad someone couldn't create some thing better we could check out ...

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
RT, May 11 2014 - 400 US mercenaries 'deployed on ground' in Ukraine military op (originally reported by Bild am Sonntag

Looks like elite American commandos are officially on the ground suppressing the uprising, under the guise of "private security".

Seems like CNN believes these referendums are taking place in Kashmir.
edit on 11-5-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
19:22 GMT:
The polling stations in the Donetsk region closed at 10pm local time. The voter turnout exceeded 71 percent, said the electoral commission.

19:14 GMT:
Voters in a referendum on independence in Slavyansk and Kramatorsk, in the eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk region, were “incredibly active,” a member of the Russian Presidential Council on Human Rights, Maksim Shevchenko told RIA Novosti.

“I saw a very elderly [WWII] veteran going to the referendum – already a great-grandfather. He was walking with his grandchildren, great-grandchildren, young people,” Shevchenko said. “I talked to many people of different ages and all of them said that generally they support the idea of a referendum and would vote,” he said.

The Rights Council member was in Ukraine to mediate a dialogue between the conflicting sides of the ongoing crisis.He said he did not monitor the voting as an observer because he was not given such powers by the body.

18:47 GMT:
The UK’s Foreign Office condemned the referendum in eastern Ukraine saying that it is illegitimate and Ukrainians should instead be concentrating on the May 25 presidential elections.

“It is regrettable that separatists who are causing so much disruption to the lives of ordinary citizens are going ahead with their illegitimate, so-called referendum today," a spokesman said. "All Ukrainians will have a proper opportunity to express their democratic choice in the forthcoming presidential elections on 25 May. The focus must be on ensuring that free and fair elections can go ahead in a calm and stable environment."

18:26 GMT:
About 1,500 residents of Barannikovo in Kremensky district of the Lugansk region are attempting to prevent Ukraine’s National Guard’s tanks and armored vehicles from entering their village, according to local self-defense.

“I am hearing gunshots through the phone. I know that two people have been wounded,” Vasiliy Nikitin, the head of the press service for Lugansk People’s Republic referendum on independence told Interfax.

18:22 GMT:
The European Union said it would not recognize the result of a referendum on self-rule held by rebels in east Ukraine on Sunday, calling it illegal.

"The so-called referenda in ... parts of Lugansk and Donetsk regions were illegal and we do not recognize the outcome. Those who organized the referenda have no democratic legitimacy," Maja Kocijancic, a spokeswoman for EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, said in e-mailed comments to Reuters.

She said holding the referendum ran counter to the objectives of an agreement reached by Ukraine, Russia, the EU and the United States last month aimed at defusing the Ukraine crisis. (Reuters)

17:16 GMT:
There are reports of people killed near the polling station in Krasnoarmeysk, the city in eastern Ukraine that was taking part in the referendum on federalization. The information appeared on the twitter page of a Russian journalist Ilya Azar.

16:34 GMT:
Ukraine’s National Guard has seized the polling stations in the eastern city of Krasnoarmeysk and the voting was closed.All the people in the election district were evacuated. All voting bulletins were saved and taken away by the electoral commission.The voting turnout was nearly 78 percent, while over 47,000 people voted.

16:02 GMT:
The referendum in Slavyansk has ended. The polling stations worked from 8am till 6pm local time, and closed early due to security risks in the city circled by the Ukrainian military. The voting turnout in the city itself was 80 percent according to the electoral commission. While in the nearby towns the turnout was a little higher. Other polling stations in the eastern part of Ukraine will be open until 8pm.

15:51 GMT:
Kiev’s armed forces entered the town of Krasnoarmeysk in the Donetsk region and seized four school buildings where residents were voting in the referendum undermining the election.

15:44 GMT:
France will not recognise the referendums’ results in eastern Ukraine, President Francois Hollande said during a visit to Baku, Azerbaijan. He called them illegal, saying they are “meaningless.”

15:44 GMT:
Oleg Lyashko, leader of the Radical Party and candidate for Ukrainian president, has denied reports that he was taken captive in Mariupol on his Facebook page. However, the people’s mayor of Slavyansk, Vyacheslav Ponomaryov, told RT that Lyashko was detained by the self-defence forces.

14:59 GMT:
Voting in the city of Krasnoarmeysk, the Donetsk Region, has reportedly stopped and will not be resumed after Ukrainian troops seized four polling stations and the city council building.

13:45 GMT:
The “people’s governor” of the Donetsk region, Pavel Gubarev, who has been freed from prison in Kiev, said that “physical force and moral suasion” was applied on him there, RIA Novosti reported. The anti-Kiev activist, currently in Slavyansk and protected by self-defence activists, added that he doesn't want to “try on the halo of a martyr.” During his month in jail, he said that he did not communicate with investigators or testify. Gubarev told journalists in Slavyansk that the conditions in detention were bad. “I have been sleeping for a month on iron bunks without a mattress," he said.

13:23 GMT:
Lugansk region residents eager to take part in the ongoing referendum concerning the federalisation of Ukraine will be provided with mobile electoral commissions. Residents have phoned the electoral commission, asking them to organise mobile voting points for them, as their cities have been encircled by APCs from Kiev’s armed forces.

13:06 GMT:
Anti-government activists claim they have detained presidential candidate Oleg Lyashko. That was announced by a representative of self-defense forces at a meeting near the city council building in Mariupol.

12:38 GMT:
More than fifty percent of voters in the Donetsk region have already cast their ballots, according to the head of the Central Election Commission of the self-proclaimed “Donetsk People’s Republic,” Roman Lyagin. He added, that the referendum results could be made public Monday afternoon.

12:22 GMT:
Donetsk self-defense forces say the Ukrainian army has blocked several roads in the region, Gazeta.ru reported. The same source says that the city council building in the town of Krasnoarmeysk, in the Donetsk region, was taken over by the Ukrainian National Guard.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So the logic of western leaders is that the referendums are illegal, but the people should instead vote in the "legitimate" national election for their choice of leader, virtually all of which have a part in directing the military interference of the current referendums?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyone paying attention can see the hypocrisy of the west when it comes to illegal and legal elections .Too bad the west could not have waited for the elections in May to see who the people of Ukraine might have chosen .Does any one believe that it would be that bunch in Kiev now? I didn't think so . a reply to: Vovin

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I know right. That was my reaction when this happened in Ukraine. It has been my reaction the entire time with Syria. Somewhat with Libya. What amazes me is that if I say that to many of my friends, who work in international affairs to varying degrees, they look at my aghast, as if I just uttered blasphemy. No matter how many historic cases of governments playing global chess and manipulating such proxy situations come to light, people seem to magically forget it the second a new one is on the table. Like sure, "maybe the Iraq War wasn't a good idea and for other reasons in hindsight, but BUT SYRIA IS BOUT FREEDUM! 'mURICA!" God how I almost wish I could go back to believing the middle school social studies version of the world most people live in. But, can't, won't.

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Oh goody, another proxy war between the east and west.

Now we watch and see if it turns into World War 3.

edit on 11-5-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
RT published video from Krasnoarmeysk showing National Guard soldiers firing assault rifles above and towards a large crowd of unarmed civilians, from the city hall building that they took over in order to prevent the referendum in that city.

I can't post the video since there's blood in it and we have to think of all the little children reading deep into these geopolitical discussion threads.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is it this one
a reply to: Vovin

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Yessir

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Monday, May 12 rt.com...

09:11 GMT:
No new meetings have been planned to address the crisis in Ukraine, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told a press conference in Moscow. He also said that the ‘road map’ to peace in Ukraine being prepared by the chairman-in-office of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, Swiss President Didier Burkhalter, is not being prepared with the necessary transparency.

“I am not sure if this can be achieved in the immediate future, but urging for dialogue on the basis of the chairman of the OSCE’s proposal is essential," he said.

09:03 GMT:
The acting president of Ukraine, Aleksandr Turchinov, has condemned as a “farce” referendums in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions.

“This propaganda farce won’t have any legal consequences, except for criminal charges for its organizers,” Turchinov said, Interfax reported.

The referendums, according to Turchinov, were inspired by Russia to “totally destabilize the situation in Ukraine, disrupt the presidential election and overthrow the Ukrainian government.”

08:50 GMT:
An unknown armed group took control of an oil depot in the Lugansk Region on Sunday, according to the press service of the region’s interior ministry. “An unknown armed group of around 15 people, who were dressed in camouflage, took the oil depot (in the city of Rovenki).” The seizure took place at 13.40 (local time) on Sunday. Details of what exactly happened are still not clear and are currently being clarified.

08:20 GMT:
Moscow hopes the results of the referendums in eastern Ukraine will instigate dialogue between Kiev and the regions that voted in favor of self-rule, according to the Kremlin’s press-service.

“Moscow respects the will of the people in Donetsk and Lugansk and hopes that the practical realization of the outcome of the referendums will be carried out in a civilized manner, without resorting to violence, through dialogue between representatives of Kiev, Donetsk and Lugansk,” the statement reads.

The Kremlin says it welcomes all mediation efforts, including those by the OSCE.

08:13 GMT:
Two more people have died over the weekend following the violent clashes and unrest in Odessa on May 2, which has brought the death toll up to 48, as reports RIA Novosti. 43 people remain in hospital, two of which are in a critical condition according Odessa.ua, who made the announcement on Monday.

08:03 GMT:
The head of the Donetsk Region’s administration, Sergey Taruta has praised the decision by Metinvest, which is owned by local oligarch Rinat Akhmetov, to set up a combined defense force with the police to help protect the citizens of Mariupol. “400 citizens along with 200 people from the police force will really help because less there will be less people with guns on the street,” Taruta stated according to Interfax. He added that the local population in the East of Ukraine were scared of armed people and wanted to restore order to their cities. Metinvest had stated they wanted to bring an end to armed operations in the East of Ukraine and remove military hardware and troops from civilian areas.

07:48 GMT:
British Foreign Secretary William Hague says eastern Ukraine's referendum votes have "zero credibility in the eyes of the world," Sky News reports.

06:01 GMT:
Ukrainian troops have begun shelling Slavyansk, Donetsk Region, a RIA Novosti correspondent on the ground reports.

Blasts of artillery ammunition can be heard at one of the checkpoints on the outskirts of town.

05:28 GMT:
The overwhelming majority of voters in Donetsk Region have endorsed political independence from Kiev, the head of the Central Election Commission of the self-proclaimed ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’, Roman Lyagin, announced.

“Counting the ballots proved to be surprisingly easy – the number of people who said ‘no’ was relatively small and there appeared to be only a tiny proportion of spoiled ballots, so we managed to carry out counting quite fast. The figures are as follows: 86.7 percent voted ‘for’, 10.19 percent voted ‘against’ and 0.74 percent of ballots were rendered ineligible,” Lyagin told journalists.

Sunday, May 11
22:26 GMT:
Russian President Vladimir Putin will formulate his opinion on the referendums on the status of Donetsk and Lugansk regions “based on their results,”spokesman for the president, Dmitry Peskov told Kommersant newspaper. Peskov also clarified that Putin “did not urge, but recommended” for the votes to be postponed, however the spokesman says that“even considering the authority of the Russian President,” it was difficult for Donetsk and Lugansk authorities to follow his recommendation amid Kiev's ongoing military crackdown.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Monday, May 12

18:25 GMT:
The Russian president and the head of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) have discussed the situation in Ukraine on the phone, the Kremlin press-service reports.

Vladimir Putin and Didier Burkhalter agreed that the OSCE should intensify its efforts aimed at a settlement of the crisis, by fostering direct dialogue between Kiev’s authorities and the protesters in the southeastern regions.

18:10 GMT:
German leftwing leader, Gregor Gysi, has called for an international commission to probe the events on Kiev’s Maidan Square and in Odessa. The German politician believes the settlement of the Ukrainian crisis will only come with the country’s federalization. “I can’t see any other real way out of this situation,” he said, after talks with Vice Speaker of the Russian Federation Council Ilyas Umakhanov.

Focusing on relations between Russia and NATO he said “I understand that the West wants Russia to pull back its troops still further from Ukrainian borders, but then NATO itself must not deploy troops and planes closer and closer to Russian borders,” he said.

He also said that imposing sanctions against Russia was a mistake, adding, “Europe will never feel safe without Russia.”

17:34 GMT:
The Russian Foreign Ministry has demanded Kiev officials provide an explanation for the Ukrainian border control’s decision not to let the head of External Church Relations, Metropolitan Illarion, to enter the country on May 9. It also demanded an apology from Ukraine. The ministry called it an“unprecedented and provocative act.” The incident happened in the city of Dnepropetrovsk, when Metropolitan Illarion arrived to congratulate the Metropolitan Irenaios on his 75th birthday. However, he was detained upon arrival and issued a written notice forbidding entrance to Ukraine. No reasons for the decision were given.

17:11 GMT:
Lugansk has demanded Kiev make changes in Ukraine’s constitution “that would make the process of federalization possible” as the people’s referendum in the Lugansk region demands, the local regional council said in a statement.

"An absolute majority has voted for the right to determine our future,” the paper said, adding that in the current situation this is the only possible way and “the only chance” to save Ukraine.

Otherwise, the Lugansk Regional Council warned, the responsibility for separating the country “would lie on Kiev.”

Lugasnk officials demanded the immediate cessation of Kiev’s military operation, which “in fact is a crackdown on protests.”

It also wants an “immediate” implementation of “another major decision of principal” – making the Russian language a state language in the Lugansk People’s Republic.

16:27 GMT:
The implementation of the referendums’ results in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions should be completed within the framework of a dialogue between Kiev, Donetsk and Lugansk, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

The ministry reiterated the necessity of “immediate” discussion on Ukraine’s fate, involving “all political forces and regions of the country.”

“We are awaiting Kiev’s official actions, not general declarations about their intentions, and urgent effective meetings with representatives of southern and eastern Ukraine, which would lead to a stabilization of the situation in the country,” the statement reads.

However, it also pointed out that Kiev still “demonstrates criminal unwillingness to hold a dialogue with its people.”

16:14 GMT:
The People’s Republics of Donetsk and Lugansk want “to continue their way together,” the Donetsk People’s Republic speaker Vladimir Makovin said.

“We now have a right to use our freedom the way we think is correct,” he said, adding that “they have already heard offers about a joint future” from Lugansk.

13:06 GMT:
The Ukrainian Border Service is to receive extra help from the US Ministry of Defense to the tune of seven million dollars to help secure the country’s borders, according to the press service of the Ukrainian Border Service, as reports RIA Novosti. “Around three million dollars will be used to support state personnel with the Ukrainian Border Service to help them fulfill their duties on the country’s borders,” the Border Service added, with some of it going to purchase tents and generators. Another four million dollars will be allocated to buying equipment for the Border Service to help them improve their performance, such as improving communications.

12:30 GMT:
A faction of the Party of Regions in the Ukrainian parliament will appeal to different international courts to bring attention to the killing of peaceful citizens in the South East of the country and ask that those who committed the acts be brought to justice, ITAR-TASS reports. Aleksandr Efremov, who is a spokesman for the faction said, “It is unprecedented for Ukraine to have experienced so many people dying every day. Therefore we are going to address international courts to make those who used the army against their own peaceful citizens accountable for their actions.” Efremov added that “These military operations in which peaceful citizens are killed can only be described as a war crime.”

11:53 GMT:
EU foreign ministers have expanded their sanctions over Russia's actions in Ukraine, adding two Crimean companies and 13 people to the bloc's blacklist, EU diplomats said, according to Reuters.

The sanctions will come into effect Tuesday. Earlier, 48 Russians and Ukrainians were targeted by EU asset freezes and visa bans over Crimea joining Russia in March.

11:44 GMT:
OSCE Chairperson-in-Office and Swiss President Didier Burkhalter described the referendums in eastern Ukraine as “incompatible with the Ukrainian constitution and therefore illegal.”

“Such provocative actions must be avoided,” Burkhalter said at a meeting of EU ministers in Brussels on Monday.

11:44 GMT:
The majority of residents of the Donetsk region went to vote in the autonomy referendum, as it’s the end of patience of the Ukrainian people, the country’s ousted president, Viktor Yanukovich, said in a statement, Itar-Tass news agency reported.

“The absolute majority of the citizens who live in the Donetsk region went to the referendum and cast their votes to start a new form of state, any other form than that which calls the Ukrainian citizens terrorists and starts to kill them – and remain unpunished,” Yanukovich said.
edit on 12-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
And when the Washington regime is not sure what the rhetoric they use themselves means it becomes a Peloeskie moment ...Give us a break ..you don't know what the words you are using actually mean ? lol

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Putin is an idiot. So NATO mustn move closer and closer to Russia's boarders? Doesnt he understand the reason they are doing that is because he hasnt pulled his forces back?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You must receive a lot of , what did you say ...try and make a sentence that makes sense or seek out help .. a reply to: princeofpeace ETA A new crosstalk from RT .Some times they have decent guests some times not so good ...heck sometimes they get these morons from the west spilling their propaganda but today it's a good talk

Have a listen to this guy ..He as lots of good podcasts that talk about lots from 9/11 to Syria and in this one Ukraine , He as some very good guests and is worth listening to imo

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Monday, May 12

21:40 GMT:
Russia expressed disappointment over the EU’s newly imposed sanctions against Russia.“Instead of trying to solve the situation through de-escalation, disarmament of the Right Sector, improvement of dialogue between Kiev’s authorities and Ukrainian regions, EU colleagues are demonstrating a one-sided and one-dimensional policy, not worthy of the European Union,” Itar-Tass quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov as saying.

19:43 GMT:
The chief prosecutor of Crimea and Internet sensation Natalia Poklonskaya as well as her colleague from Sevastopol, Igor Shevchenko, have been banned entry to the European Union, as the bloc introduced Monday additional sanctions over the Ukraine crisis.

Among the other 13 people blacklisted by the EU, is the deputy head of the presidential administration, Vyacheslav Volodin, the Commander of airborne troops Vladimir Shamanov, State Duma deputy Vladimir Pligin, four Crimean administration chiefs and six pro-autonomy activists in eastern Ukraine, reports Itar-Tass. The sanctions also target two Crimean entities.

19:41 GMT:
Kiev has applied to London for non-lethal military aid, the British Defense Secretary Philip Hammond has confirmed speaking in the House of Commons, as cited by Itar-Tass. He said the request was sent because of a lack of radio sets, bulletproof vests and sleeping bags in the Ukrainian army, adding that London is currently considering how to respond.

19:39 GMT:
The EU should respect the results of the referendum in Lugansk and Donetsk and to contribute to fulfilling peoples’ will within the framework of a dialogue between Kiev, Donetsk and Lugansk, Russia’s Foreign Ministry said.

The decisions on Ukraine by the EU Council cause deep bewilderment as the bloc continues issuing statements that do not correspond with reality, the Ministry added.

“It is time for Brussels to stop looking at a significant part of Ukrainian people, who do not accept Kiev government, as ‘pro-Russian separatists’ and understand that without recognizing the inner nature of the deep Ukrainian conflict it will be impossible to solve it,” the statement said.

19:14 GMT:
Kiev troops have launched an assault on the eastern Ukrainian city of Slavyansk, a stronghold of anti-government activists, local self-defense says.

“Slavyansk is being bombarded from several sides, we have information that the adversaries are using heavy mortars,” a self-defense HQ spokesperson told Interfax.

Mobile communications have also been disrupted in the city, the agency says.

18:59 GMT:
NATO “is considering further steps” to deter Russia, if necessary, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told CNN.

“Those further steps might include an update of existing defense plans, development of new defense plans, enhanced exercises, and also appropriate deployment,” he told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

At the same time, he said it was “a bit too early” to tell exactly how and where to do it, “but we will not hesitate to take further steps if needed.”

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The neo-con zionist running the west have made a bad situation only worse .Why would a sovereign country like Canada , Korea , USA draw there military away from their borders ? Think about it people ..Putin has every right as a souvenir nation of Russia to have as many troops as he deems appropriate on his borders .

Next is the fact that there are Russian speaking people of Ukraine .Much like French speaking people of Canada .If Quebec decided to have a referendum to separate from Canada should we all of a sudden start calling them pro French separatist ? Is this about foreign countries or about people living in a piece of land that was Turtle Island , or Ukraine ,who speak a tongue that differs from their neighbor ? Who is going to run this show ? Us , or those megalomaniac politicians who always want to divide us along what ever lines they can ...It's time that people stand up for people and to hell with the psychopaths that have worked themselves into position's of power using the all mighty dollar ...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Tuesday, May 13 rt.com...

12:59 GMT:

The Donetsk self-defense forces are clashing with Ukraine’s armed units under Kramatorsk, RIA Novosti said, relaying information from the commander in chief at the self-defense headquarters. So far, an armored personnel carrier belonging to Kiev has been hit. No casualties to report at this point.

09:27 GMT:
Russia said on Tuesday new European Union sanctions will hinder efforts to defuse the crisis in Ukraine and urged the West to persuade Kiev to hold discussions on the country's future structure before a May 25 presidential election.

The results of self-rule referendums in the eastern regions of Donetsk and Lugansk "should be a clear signal to Kiev of the depth of the crisis" in Ukraine, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

08:20 GMT:
Russia’s Investigative Committee has started prosecution proceedings in the case of the alleged attempted murder of an RT cameraman, the committee’s spokesman Vladimir Markin announced.

Fyodor Zavaleykov, 23, a stringer working for RT’s Ruptly video agency, was shot in Ukraine’s Mariupol while covering the Ukrainian troops’ assault on the city’s police HQ on May 9.

The committee is investigating the incident as intent to murder and a violent attempt to stop a media professional from performing his duty, which is a criminal offense in Russia.

07:48 GMT:
The leaderships of the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Lugansk Republics have started negotiations on forming a single state, the Donetsk Republic’s press service told LifeNews television. The possible unification was announced earlier on Monday by the co-chair of the government of the Donetsk Republic, Denis Pushilin.

01:17 GMT:
Canada has imposed sanctions against 12 more people over the ongoing Ukrainian crisis. Prime Minister Stephen Harper stated that economic sanctions were rolled out against six Russian and six Ukrainian individuals.

Some of the people on that expanded list include: Russia's Armed Forces chief of the general staff Valery Gerasimov, member of the military's main intelligence directorate Igor Girkin, and member of the Russian Federation Council from Crimea Olga Kovatidi.
edit on 13-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
6 Ukraine Soldiers Killed In Ambush, 8 More Wounded

Six servicemen were ambushed and killed and eight others wounded Tuesday afternoon outside the town of Kramatorsk, the defense ministry said. The attackers included at least 30 insurgents and were using grenade launchers and automatic weapons, it said in a statement.

Just happened within the past hour. Not too many details have been released yet. The soldiers were apparently in a convoy when they came under fire.
edit on 13-5-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join