It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O over the Netherlands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zazen

the idea of another intelligence on or around the Earth makes me uncomfortable. Another factor indicating that this must be fake

I have the feeling this was meant as bone dry sarcasm... just to help clarify.

If not, then bone headed idiocy... but I'll err on the sarcastic side .
edit on 4/16/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Memenquay

Nee, dit is natuurlijk geen drone, die blijft niet hangen op dezelfde plaats. Waarom zet je de originele opname niet op het net? En post een melding bij het ufo meldpunt.
Het ufo fenomeen wordt al jaren geridiculiseert door de mainstream media, je hebt nu een authentieke opname van een ufo. Doe er wat mee. Succes.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hey gortex!

I have to say the video you posted was absolutely hilarious!

It would have had to be extremely small to do what you are suggesting, though, as it was a tiny speck that was zoomed in on - I wonder what that would look like? The one in your video stayed the same size and he used camera trickery to make it move.
The guy in your video didn't "zoom in" on the cut out (which I personally think would give the game away...)

It was a totally brilliant video, though - loved it!

peace,
AB

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

You should try it actually. You can make something very small and get more detail when you zoom in. You can make it more believable than you think. The fact the guy never opens the window or leaves his apartment to film it indicates it is probably a hoax, just like almost every "second sun" video that was ever posted. Any time someone is filming a "UFO" through a window for an extended period of time and never removes the window from the equation means it probably doesn't exist.

According to a translation in the comments he ("Dick Smits") said:

"The universe is full of extraterrestrial life and we are in store for more UFO sightings."

So it seems this guy may be full of manure.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Very good video of an unidentified object.
I don't believe drones can hover.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
My first thought on watching the video was that it appears to be something very small, stuck to the window pane. Notice how, as the camera zooms in on the "UFO", the clouds behind it go dramatically out of focus. This is most easily seen by watching the cloud at the upper right of the frame at around the 17 second mark in the video.

That implies that the distance between the camera and the object is rather small: if the object and the clouds were both relatively distant from the camera then both would remain quite well in focus as the camera zoomed and the depth of field reduced. Certainly this is not a big object up among the clouds.

Then there's the rather telling fact that we don't ever see the object move or disappear - it just goes out of focus as the camera loses lock. In a genuine sighting surely you would keep filming until the UFO vanished?

On reading this thread I see others have reached the same conclusion.

Advice for future would-be fakers using this method: choose a day with clear skies!

edit on 17-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They're here!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48Advice for future would-be fakers using this method: choose a day with clear skies!

I've a question I'm sure you have an answer for: "IF dude was trying to "fake" it, why would he use a serious camera?" That is as opposed to a cell phone...

ETA:

Notice how, as the camera zooms in on the "UFO", the clouds behind it go dramatically out of focus.

Isn't that rather "normal" for clouds? I mean, they are not "clearly" defined objects in the first place. And, when One zooms in; would not the "vaporous" nature of a cloud become more apparent...experienced as a "loss of focus"?

edit on 18-4-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: Rob48Advice for future would-be fakers using this method: choose a day with clear skies!

I've a question I'm sure you have an answer for: "IF dude was trying to "fake" it, why would he use a serious camera?" That is as opposed to a cell phone...

Cell phones don't tend to have optical zooms, only digital ones. If you want to be able to zoom in on a tiny window sticker, you need optical zoom.

Isn't that rather "normal" for clouds? I mean, they are not "clearly" defined objects in the first place. And, when One zooms in; would not the "vaporous" nature of a cloud become more apparent...experienced as a "loss of focus"?

Clouds generally have a pretty defined structure. Being vaporous is not the same as being blurry! It's easy to see where the cloud stops and the clear sky begins. Example image for reference:

Just before that cloud disappears off the top right corner of the screen you can see it suddenly goes out of focus, at the same moment that the "UFO" becomes sharp. It's hard to see as the cloud disappears out of shot a moment later, but it's there, and to me it says that the "UFO" is not in anything like the same focal plane as the distant sky.

It's very hard to show in still grabs, because of the poor video quality, so this is more of a pointer to what to watch out for. (Disclaimer: captions added, levels adjusted midpoint 1.00 -> 0.85 on both images. Saved as uncompressed PNG.)

We start off with the UFO very blurred, while the clouds are in focus:

Then, the camera zooms in to the UFO, and pulls it into sharp focus, and just as that happens, the cloud behind turns into a blurry white blob.

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That is one of the best UFO footage's I've seen in a while. Doesn't look like a drone, more like some type of military air craft. reply to: Memenquay

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Crystalwolf

It looks like a sticker on a window. See Rob48's post.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
Cell phones don't tend to have optical zooms, only digital ones. If you want to be able to zoom in on a tiny window sticker, you need optical zoom.

Hmmmmm...I have three different kids of camera here...Old school SLR (circa 1980 Pentax ME Super), a modern Fuji digital SLR, and of course that thing in my phone...

Neither of the digital systems have issues "zooming" on an object regardless of it's distance. The Pentax of course cheats...it has replicable lenses...generally doesn't care where the "object" is.

So...why would I need optical zoom again? And, by the way...the whole reason to use a cell phone in the first place is to attempt to leverage the reduced quality of the image...So "why do I need optical zoom?"

Clouds generally have a pretty defined structure. Being vaporous is not the same as being blurry! It's easy to see where the cloud stops and the clear sky begins. Example image for reference:

Just before that cloud disappears off the top right corner of the screen you can see it suddenly goes out of focus, at the same moment that the "UFO" becomes sharp. It's hard to see as the cloud disappears out of shot a moment later, but it's there, and to me it says that the "UFO" is not in anything like the same focal plane as the distant sky.

It's very hard to show in still grabs, because of the poor video quality, so this is more of a pointer to what to watch out for. (Disclaimer: captions added, levels adjusted midpoint 1.00 -> 0.85 on both images. Saved as uncompressed PNG.)

Well your images didn't do it for me...I see little difference in the nature of the clouds while they are visible.

I have to disagree with your analysis; firstly, you didn't do it frame by frame...that is the only way yu will ever be able to slow the data stream down enough to extract any useful information.

I would agree that it is a bit "funny" that the clouds are out of focus, if they indeed are, considering that the supposed UFO is at a distance that is effectively the same as the clouds (from the camera's focus perspective), so neither should be out of focus...ever. All the zoom should is make the "object" larger.

Personally; I would make this a; "suspect...unknown"...can't prove anything, but...somewhat off.

edit on 18-4-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

Amazingly, I agree with you on at least some of that.

Although certainly my many-years-old digital camera (Panasonic FZ-5, 5mp with 12x optical zoom) gives far better images at any reasonably long zoom than the equivalent digital zoom on my phone (iPhone 5). (BTW what lens do you have on that Fuji digital SLR? If you're zooming then surely you're using optical zoom, aren't you, or does it have a digital zoom function too?) I generally find digital zoom pretty pointless: all it does is crop and enlarge the central part of the image, which you could do yourself (probably with better resampling software) after the event and without sacrificing part of the original scene!

But as regards the video, the image quality and frustratingly short length of the clips given makes it hard to draw any sort of confident conclusion. My main reasons to doubt that it is any kind of distant craft in the sky are the focus issues and the lack of motion. (And the fact that we don't see the beginning or end of the clip where the object enters or leaves the scene.)

I'm just presenting a theory here, along with some reasoning for it. Not claiming any sort of proof.

You'd think, though, that with cameras getting ever better, just once one of these things would appear in front of someone with a good HD video camera, with manual focus (not AF that constantly hunts and is useless for a small object against a blank background) and preferably a tripod.

We can but dream...

edit on 18-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazen
So on the one hand, we have a drone or a secret aircraft that can hover silently in one spot for fifteen minutes.

On the other hand, we have lying scumbag.

Well, personally I have no choice but to call hoax on this one. It certainly doesn't seem to be anything conventional, and as we all know from science there are no true anomalies, so by process of elimination it must be a hoax.

That's my stance on all phenomena alleged to be unconventional. If I can't figure it out, I'm perfectly content to declare it fake on that basis alone. After all, we know that people lie, therefore it stands to reason that this guy is lying.

This gets top post of the week, in my book. Your summarization of that type of 'reasoning' is terrifyingly accurate.

A+!!

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou

Blue Shift
How exactly does it change your reality? What answers does it provide for you? That there are things flying around that sometimes people can't identify? You didn't already know that?

You're not really going to go down that "it can't be anything from Earth, so it must be aliens" road are you?

My perception of UFO's is far more complicated than that of 'Green Men'.
It was reality changing because in the space of 5 minutes:
I saw something that my Government states does not exist, something that defied all current physics, and something of an unknown intelligence. All very reality changing, I assure you.

A good response, ObservingYou, to what was probably not such a great 'question'.... Very interesting to hear about the effects your experience had on your worldview. That's the facet of the UFO phenomenon I'm currently most interested in. (Having long ago accepted non-human intelligence as a factor in some of the sightings.)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

We cannot figure it out, so it must be fake?

response by zazen
Precisely. Furthermore, the idea of another intelligence on or around the Earth makes me uncomfortable. Another factor indicating that this must be fake.

Lovin' your work here! Your palette seems to contain many shades of sarcasm, and well-executed, illuminating sarcasm like that should just never go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
These are the sightings I love most.. clear from a distance with haze in front of the video that clearly shows that the object has some distance and estimated size. Hoovering and filmed by men who only know how to operate a video camera.
Amazing craft. Diamond shaped I believe? S&F

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
I like reading these posts and have searched years for some tangible proof of EBE presence. This could be it. First go to Google Earth and drag the street level man to your own house or freeway overpass. What you will see is a hollow structure displaying the floor as a default star-field on the other side of the world. The ceiling is a net-like representation of the roof and a distant horizon behind. Now go via Google Earth to Dogbone lake, NV. From the bullseye on the lake go north 10 miles into Area 51. (44*07'08.54"N114*41'01.44"W)) look West toward the cliff face to a artificial molten wax feature. Drag the street view man to dark circular area. A weird picture of a cave will pop up as described above. This is the location of a starship underground base provided by the USAF to a group of humanoid-mammalian-albino troglodytes. (According to airman Charles Hall.) He called them the Tall Whites and could spy on them with his telescope used for tracking baloons from the weather station at bomber range 1 on the lake. Once per month they would arrive in a 350X75 ft ship and travel north into the base, leaving in two weeks. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: WideOpenSpace
He was filming a ship but from the corner of his eye he saw this object hanging in the sky. There was another one but smaller but this one shoots straight up in de sky. When asked he confimd that he believes in live on other planets. The rest of the comment is not very interesting.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Has anyone found any other coverage of this story?
I'm really hoping the unedited video of the sighting can be found and examined.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join