It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifacts Of Unknown Origin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpiusMaximus

I like the whole out-of-place artifacts discussion - such an exiting topic. There is a book called Forbidden Archeology which I would recommend if you have not read it already.

Thanks for posting your thoughts!

-MM

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ancient Nuclear Sites:
There is no actual evidence of increased none natural radiation levels at any of the sites in India (more evidence of government cover ups of nuclear testing/site leaks in my opinion)
The below links gives a good summary of how this story became internet lore- amongst the rationale: Hiroshima has now normal radiation levels after only 60 years and how the usually cited quotes are not in the Mahabharata in the first place.

www.thinkdigit.com...
www.jasoncolavito.com...

Objects appearing as natural:
Assuming any civilisation reaching our technological level would follow a similar path- satellites in high eliptical orbits would take millions of years to fall to earth.
Stuff on the moon is not washing away for obvious reasons so there would literally be clues all over once the people on earth made it into space.

OOPARTS

As I recall. just about case of Baghdad battery/fuse/electrical OOPART is explainable as natural phenomena/issue with dating.
I fully believe in history being just a case of bad revisionism but am yet to see one object that is out of place in terms of Human technological development.

Would love to see it if anyone can find a reliable one...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Ancient Nuclear Sites:
There is no actual evidence of increased none natural radiation levels at any of the sites in India (more evidence of government cover ups of nuclear testing/site leaks in my opinion)
The below links gives a good summary of how this story became internet lore- amongst the rationale: Hiroshima has now normal radiation levels after only 60 years and how the usually cited quotes are not in the Mahabharata in the first place.

www.thinkdigit.com...
www.jasoncolavito.com...

Objects appearing as natural:
Assuming any civilisation reaching our technological level would follow a similar path- satellites in high eliptical orbits would take millions of years to fall to earth.
Stuff on the moon is not washing away for obvious reasons so there would literally be clues all over once the people on earth made it into space.

OOPARTS

As I recall. just about case of Baghdad battery/fuse/electrical OOPART is explainable as natural phenomena/issue with dating.
I fully believe in history being just a case of bad revisionism but am yet to see one object that is out of place in terms of Human technological development.

Would love to see it if anyone can find a reliable one...

From Wikipedia, Plutonium has a half life of;

Twenty radioactive isotopes of plutonium have been characterized. The longest-lived are plutonium-244, with a half-life of 80.8 million years, plutonium-242, with a half-life of 373,300 years, and plutonium-239, with a half-life of 24,110 years. All of the remaining radioactive isotopes have half-lives that are less than 7,000 years. This element also has eight metastable states, though all have half-lives less than one second.[7]

On the bomb used against Japan from Wikipedia;

As little as 15 lb (7 kg) of uranium-235 can be used to make an atomic bomb.[11] The first nuclear bomb used in war, Little Boy, relied on uranium fission, while the very first nuclear explosive (The gadget) and the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki (Fat Man) were plutonium bombs.

On the half life of Uranium 235 from Wikipedia;

Uranium-238 is the most stable isotope of uranium, with a half-life of about 4.468×109 years, roughly the age of the Earth. Uranium-235 has a half-life of about 7.13×108 years, and uranium-234 has a half-life of about 2.48×105 years.[78] For natural uranium, about 49% of its alpha rays are emitted by each of 238U atom, and also 49% by 234U (since the latter is formed from the former) and about 2.0% of them by the 235U. When the Earth was young, probably about one-fifth of its uranium was uranium-235, but the percentage of 234U was probably much lower than this.

Uranium-238 is usually an α emitter (occasionally, it undergoes spontaneous fission), decaying through the "Uranium Series" of nuclear decay, which has 18 members, all of which eventually decay into lead-206, by a variety of different decay paths.[10]

The decay series of 235U, which is called the actinium series has 15 members, all of which eventually decay into lead-207.[10] The constant rates of decay in these decay series makes the comparison of the ratios of parent to daughter elements useful in radiometric dating.

Uranium-234 is a member of the "Uranium Series", and it decays to lead-206 through a series of relatively short-lived isotopes.

Uranium-233 is made from thorium-232 by neutron bombardment, usually in a nuclear reactor, and 233U is also fissile.[9] Its decay series ends with thallium-205.

On the weapon utility of Uranium 235 from Wikipedia;

As little as 15 lb (7 kg) of uranium-235 can be used to make an atomic bomb.[11] The first nuclear bomb used in war, Little Boy, relied on uranium fission, while the very first nuclear explosive (The gadget) and the bomb that destroyed Nagasaki (Fat Man) were plutonium bombs.

So, if the layer story is true, which I don't know personally and I have no idea why the story of the Vimyamas(sp?) would go missing on the internet, there are a number of isotopes of fissile material that could leave a lasting stain on the earth. Yes, dispersion and migration over time will move the evidence, but it never actually goes away. In Japan, a Plutonium device was used, half life of about 24,100 years. Unless all the ground was carted away or Boron was used to cover it up, the evidence should still be there. I seem to remember there was a massive cleanup a couple of years after WWII in Japan, but I would need to confirm that.

You also have to consider the leverage the money-power has on history and archaeology using levered or denied grants. People do have to make a living but anyone who strays from the "party line" is generally sanctioned. Sometimes it is better to presume nothing that you hear or see from mainstream or academic sources is the truth, but rather propaganda in furtherance of an agenda, which forces one to examine everything and construct their own views, if they have the time and motivation.

But I'll go with my old standby philosophy, nothing is real and we have no free-will, so WTF does it matter LOL.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/20.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Good thinking. There could be many reasons for OOPARTS, an "ancient advanced civilization" or "alien visitors to earth" are not the only possible explanations. Its kind of dumb to immediately jump to a conclusion. There could even be reasons we are not even close to understanding yet (such as time-anomalies).

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

So, if the layer story is true, which I don't know personally and I have no idea why the story of the Vimyamas(sp?) would go missing on the internet, there are a number of isotopes of fissile material that could leave a lasting stain on the earth. Yes, dispersion and migration over time will move the evidence, but it never actually goes away. In Japan, a Plutonium device was used, half life of about 24,100 years. Unless all the ground was carted away or Boron was used to cover it up, the evidence should still be there. I seem to remember there was a massive cleanup a couple of years after WWII in Japan, but I would need to confirm that.

While I see what you are thinking, I have to say that you are thinking wrong.

Neither uranium nor plutonium bombs leave uranium or plutonium behind when they go off.

The half-life of resulting radioactive isotopes from nuclear bombs is on the order of a few years, and many are measured in days.

Harte

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A favorite and less known OOPART are the ancient aluminum belts found in 1952 in China dating back thousands of years. Its called the "Nanjing" belt.

The weird thing about that: You need electricity to make aluminum.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Looked at the link in the OP, below is my impression

originally posted by: dr_strangecraft
3. The Unreliability of Radiometric dating
If you've every looked at the raw data from a carbon dating lab, you'd see that the investigator may take over a hundred "snapshots" and throw away the bulk of the readings because "that data point is too far from the expected answer---it must be from a compromised sample." The truth is, this is done routinely until an acceptable answer is found. If you take the same object, and re-date it a decade later, you'll get much different (often older!) results. The shroud of Turin is an obvious example. Honestly, the whole field of radiometric dating became useless once the superpowers began discharging atomic weapons testing into the earths atmosphere. Gamma radiation will itself alter (accelerate) the rate of decay. And radon gas emitted from the soil itself can cause a false aging....but try to find a single instance of a sample controlled for disturbance by radon. good luck.

Carbon dating and archaeology = one HUGE lie

Carbon dating is useless beyond a few thousand years.

Science "knowledge" is nothing but one huge mind control OP with a stealth agenda.

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe. They accomplished this by adopting new rules in regards to scientific research.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses"

"Historical, religious and political truths have been withheld from the general public in order to perpetuate armed conflict," he continues. "Similarly if the presently suppressed technology were to be made commercially available, disease, famine and environmental pollution virtually would become eradicated."

By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all.

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
A favorite and less known OOPART are the ancient aluminum belts found in 1952 in China dating back thousands of years. Its called the "Nanjing" belt.

The weird thing about that: You need electricity to make aluminum.

Yes, that's "common knowledge," isn't it?

But like so much common knowledge, it's actually not true.

Aluminum nuggets are naturally occurring pieces of Aluminum. Nuggets are often formed through the cold welding of smaller particles in streams and rivers.
link
While rare, native, naturally occuring aluminum exists.

Besides, you don't really need electricity.

In 1808, Humphry Davy, an Englishman, tried to extract aluminium through electrolysis. Though he did not succeed, the scientist gave the metal its current name. Hans-Christian Oersted’s experiments succeeded in 1825. By passing chlorine through a hot mixture of alumina and coal, he produced aluminium chloride. By heating this with potassium amalgam, Oersted extracted a metal similar to tin in its properties. The scientist published this information in a little-known magazine and terminated his experiments. Friedrich Wohler, a German scientist, picked up where Oersted had left off and spent 18 years working to produce an aluminium ingot

link

It could be that someone in Zhou Chou's service figured out a way to extract it.

Harte
edit on 4/23/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join