It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A religious revelation today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Where I work at Job Corps they have a priest speak once a month to the students as a "motivational" speaker, though today he couldn't contain his proselytizing because Easter is coming. Anyways, this sweet little 86 year old man told the students that Easter was named after the goddess of fertility (Ishtar I guess).

Though this won't surprise most people on this forum, who are well aware of Christianity's blatant pagan, Egyptian, and Middle-Eastern origins, it just really confirmed for me how fabricated Christianity is. I'm sure people here will jump up to defend Christianity as original and claim that it's just a coincidence that Easter comes from pagans, Christmas comes from Pagans, the preeminence of the number 12 comes from pagans, the flood myth comes from pagans (well Sumerians), it should be pretty obvious by now that it is a big sham.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Though this won't surprise most people on this forum, who are well aware of Christianity's blatant pagan, Egyptian, and Middle-Eastern origins, . . .
I am aware that this is claimed but not aware of any actual proof.

12 comes from there being approximately 12 months in a year.

edit on 14-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
"Sun"day and Christmas trees, there's all the proof you need, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I would think a catholic priest saying that Easter also is basically based on Pagan traditions would be enough though.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Actually you're very wrong about Christianity being fabricated along with Buddhism, and in fact, they're nearly the same. They contain really deep wonderful truths.

Its all tao alchemy and the way back home. Christ's example is literally the way back home, metaphorically, or literally. It is metaphorically the truth contained under the wrappings in the old testament, not the fundamental mind you. The gnosis.

An example, Genesis, 32 30, naming the penial as the city or locale for meeting God.

The red sea is overcoming your anger, and inner aggression. How, Moses said, Man of Peace, be still and know God, ie meditate.

The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the furnace unharmed, and the furance heated 7 times....chakras and kundalini, awakening. The coiled serpent energy is the same that Moses raised on his serpent staff.

Christ himself said he spoke only in metaphors.

The kingdom of heaven is within us and we are to dig deeply to unearth the real gems, uncover the precious pearl. Which is Tao alchemy and forming the light body.

The actual new testament is the kabbala or mystic old testament put together so the real depth and soul progression of the old testament would not be lost when Jerusalem was destroyed.

Whether or not Christ is real, or metaphor, doesn't matter, for the real symbolism is your Higher Self and Source and the Word of God is the inner directions, your inner word, and we never enter here alone.

And we have a really wonderful Family watching over, and we can move mountains with a grain of faith.

And I'm not religious.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

In a way you are right but with that also people must decipher what is Christian and what isn't. The religion itself from an outer perspective or physical perspective is one massive sham but if one can look at the inner meaning of what is taught then the physical side is irrelevant. Now the Pagan side didn't come from the Middle East, it came from the Roman Empire who's objective was not only to control people but their spirituality at the same time. The same could be said for Zionist's and their Atheist version of Judaism.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

CB328
Anyways, this sweet little 86 year old man told the students that Easter was named after the goddess of fertility (Ishtar I guess).

Ostara, actually. You can check out the Sabbat and the origins of it in my signature for a quick run-down.

That preacher guy seems like an honest one. I always have more respect for the religious folks who can accept the rough parts of their paths as well as the spiritual enlightenment they get to enjoy. Of course, one person's "rough parts" is another person's spiritual enlightenment.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

CB328
Where I work at Job Corps they have a priest speak once a month to the students as a "motivational" speaker, though today he couldn't contain his proselytizing because Easter is coming. Anyways, this sweet little 86 year old man told the students that Easter was named after the goddess of fertility (Ishtar I guess).

Though this won't surprise most people on this forum, who are well aware of Christianity's blatant pagan, Egyptian, and Middle-Eastern origins, it just really confirmed for me how fabricated Christianity is. I'm sure people here will jump up to defend Christianity as original and claim that it's just a coincidence that Easter comes from pagans, Christmas comes from Pagans, the preeminence of the number 12 comes from pagans, the flood myth comes from pagans (well Sumerians), it should be pretty obvious by now that it is a big sham.

I think you mean Catholic . . .

If you had ever done an in depth study of the matter you would recognize that the early patriarchs had a great understanding of the mystery schools and their symbolism. The details differ when you actually have an understanding of what each group had to say concerning the matter.

Glad you learned something.

-FBB
edit on 15-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

"Sun"day and Christmas trees, there's all the proof you need, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I would think a catholic priest saying that Easter also is basically based on Pagan traditions would be enough though.

FYI "Sun" was not what the Romans called the Sun, or the "son" for that matter . . . oh and the RCC didn't burn the library of Alexandris, it was Caesar. The RCC burned the temple of Isis which had little to no scientific literature stored in it after Caesar burned it the first time.
edit on 15-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by CB328

Though this won't surprise most people on this forum, who are well aware of Christianity's blatant pagan, Egyptian, and Middle-Eastern origins, . . .
I am aware that this is claimed but not aware of any actual proof.

12 comes from there being approximately 12 months in a year.

edit on 14-4-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Lunar months established a 12 month calender.

Lunar calendar
en.wikipedia.org...

Babylonian calendar
en.wikipedia.org...

The Babylonian calendar was a lunisolar calendar with years consisting of 12 lunar months, each beginning when a new crescent moon was first sighted low on the western horizon at sunset, plus an intercalary month inserted as needed by decree. The calendar is based on a Sumerian (Ur III) predecessor preserved in the Umma calendar of Shulgi (c. 21st century BC).

-FBB
edit on 15-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's Pascha. It's always been Pascha.
Easter is an Anglicized concession used primarily in the West.
It's always been Pascha.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very well said.

We're people to take an open-minded look at what was being said ... rather than looking for rules to abide by ... the message laid open before them would be more readily apparent. It's clear to me in almost any religion I've studied.

Your effort in typing all that out was not wasted.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Did the OP say anything about Buddhism? I must have missed that part.

But I agree with you otherwise - I believe Jesus was teaching the same tenets as Buddha.
And that he was familiar with the Eastern traditions, but the people he spoke to in those metaphors were not equipped psychologically to get what he was saying.

@OP:
KUDOS to the man for telling the truth!!
Yay for good news!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think the OP is on the right track. Dont waste time with it, Christians themselves don't agree on much and most refuse to delve into anything that challenges the reality of their "self reformed Christianity".
edit on 15-4-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2014 by lotusfoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Jesus gave christianity to saint peter. but what happened after that. christians were tortured and killed. Paul was one of those who was against christianity and he would kill and annoy christrians. suddenly he claimed that he had seen Jesus ! while he had no proof. yes he entered christianity and opposed saint peter. he tried to ruin christianity from within. soon he became one of pillars of christianity. it is funny that most of nowadays christianity is from Paul. while rationally it should be from saint Peter.
Paul altered christianity. he confessed in his letters that he hated christians and Jesus.
from where the Egyptian concepts entered christianity !? which tribe was familiar with Egyptian concepts !!? yes Paul was a false jew. of course he was not a true believer in Judaism (of course we respect Judaism). but of course they false jews were familiar with the culture of Egypt very well. they mixed christianity with this culture in order to ruin and clean the trace of Jesus.
these are the above top secrets they hide from our eyes and the evidences are vivid.
I do not want to annoy christians but this is what I know.
edit on 15-4-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Christianity and Jesus Christ are very much like Serapis, in my opinion.

Serapis (Σέραπις, Attic/Ionian Greek) or Sarapis (Σάραπις, Doric Greek) is a Graeco-Egyptian god. Serapis was devised during the 3rd century BC on the orders of Ptolemy I of Egypt as a means to unify the Greeks and Egyptians in his realm. The god was depicted as Greek in appearance, but with Egyptian trappings, and combined iconography from a great many cults, signifying both abundance and resurrection. A serapeum (Greek serapeion) was any temple or religious precinct devoted to Serapis. The cultus of Serapis was spread as a matter of deliberate policy by the Ptolemaic kings, who also built an immense Serapeum in Alexandria.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This thread ties in nicely with the general pattern of boundary based posts on ATS recently!

It is clear this priest overstepped his boundaries a bit!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

CB328
...it just really confirmed for me how fabricated Christianity is...

Well, obviously it's real, otherwise there wouldn't be Christian churches!

The only problem is when fanatics read the bible (and other religious texts) as literal 'story books' instead of 'hand guides', as they were meant to be read.

edit on 15-4-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DietJoke

This thread ties in nicely with the general pattern of boundary based posts on ATS recently!

It is clear this priest overstepped his boundaries a bit! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What?
I don't know what you're getting at. First of all, what are "boundary based posts", and B, how did this priest overstep anything?

He told the youths the truth. There's nothing wrong with that.
Can you please explain further what you're talking about?
Thanks in advance.
edit on 4/15/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join