It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Ruppert Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Abby Martin just posted this on FB. I cant seem to find anything else about this right now. Please post any info you can find.

IN MEMORIAM MICHAEL C. RUPPERT, February 3, 1951--April 13, 2014.
Sunday night following Mike's Lifeboat Hour radio show, he was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. This was not a "fake" suicide. It was very well planned by Mike who gave us few clues but elaborate instructions for how to proceed without him.

His wishes were to be cremated, and as of this moment, there are no plans for a memorial service. However, I will be taking his show this coming Sunday night, April 20, and the entire show will be an In Memoriam show for Mike with opportunities for listeners to call in.

It was my privilege to have known Mike for 14 years, to have worked with him, to have been mentored by him, and to have supported him in some of his darkest hours, including the more recent ones. I am posting this announcement with the blessing of his partner Jesse Re and his landlord, Jack Martin.

Thank you Mike for all of the truth you courageously exposed and for the legacy of truth-telling you left us. Goodbye my friend. Your memory will live in hour hearts forever.

I have no more details to share than I am posting here. We should have much more information by Sunday night.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Esotarious because: (no reason given)

CollapseNet's Founder, Michael Ruppert commits suicide
edit on 15-4-2014 by Kandinsky because: Edited to add direct source

edit on 15-4-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: added external source tags

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I have no more details to share than I am posting here. We should have much more information by Sunday night. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, its tuesday now.(Do you have further details)? Who is Michael Ruppert?
edit on 14-4-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Esotarious

Assuming this is true, this is a great loss.

Michal Ruppert was a great patriot and a stalwart ally of the Truth movement.

As a former LAPD narcotics officer, he challenged the government head on confronting the head of the CIA over their distribution of drugs. A confrontation which resulted in the the dismissal of then CIA Director, John M. Deutch.

He will remembered through his deeds and actions, not the least of which was his novel challenging the OS of 9/11:

Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil.

RIP.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

thesmokingman

I have no more details to share than I am posting here. We should have much more information by Sunday night. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, its tuesday now. Who is Michael Ruppert?

He originally set out to expose an alleged link between CIA funding and drug trafficking and has been an active conspiracy theorist for decades. Here is his website: www.fromthewilderness.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Is he the one that did the collapse movie?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Apparently he just filmed this video a few months ago. He actually mentions suicide several times. Very sad....

www.vice.com...

Yes , he was the guy from Collapse. Smart guy....Just a little too animated to be taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why did he kill him self? I find it strange that he left clues....

It almost seems like he was trying to reach out .....

Humbly

LSH

ETA: after watching the VICE short doc of him , I Feel that he was done in this life . He very much welcomed death .. He was an old soul that seemed to bare the pain of this world ...may you find the love and life your soul Deserves ...old boy...

edit on 004121230404412th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
this man had MUCH courage and bravery in his deeds. Sad to see this, but not surprising.

The corruption and doublespeak by TPTB is crushing. I often think the only way to win against the ELites is by killing ourselves so they will be left alone. They can't exploit/enslave a corpse.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Not seeing much else as of yet, not even a Wiki, etc., update. But there are comments of his passing, such as you found, on his own FB.

Sad loss, sorry for having to go that way. Regards family, and you as you knew him personally.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Thank you very much

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
His podcast went dead, at least on iTunes last year around January? I have not been able to get his show. So I started looking him up online, if he was sick, or dead, or in hiding, and I found nothing? I still can't find out anything. The Lifeboat hour, at least on the radio station's website, says it is now hosted by a woman. I can't find anything on his death?
This is the first I heard about him in months.
Did he disappear? Or was he disappeared?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I take that back
lifeboathour.podbean.com...
ok, gonna listen now. Abby had the date right for the last show, damn, I hope its not true.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

thesmokingman

But, its tuesday now.(Do you have further details)? Who is Michael Ruppert?
edit on 14-4-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

He also ran Collapsnet, Link

I have been informed that MCR has committed suicide. I am devastated, and very, very sad...

We'll report more as information becomes available.

PLEASE DO NOT SPREAD SPECULATION!

MCR was my friend, my client (I was his attorney) and business partner in CollapseNet. We will gather and report THE FACTS about MCR's death, and nothing else. On my honor, the truth of MCR's death WILL BE TOLD, and his memory will be honored.

Media inquiries should come right here, to me, via [email protected].

Rest In Peace Mike. I am so sorry that you are gone. You fought the greatest of fights, you opened thousands of eyes and you have earned your place in history, and in our hearts.

Much more to come...

Wesley T. Miller

Wow, he had some really good info up there, I hope he has people that keep running the system.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/15.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This drew me to Ruppert back in the day, a town hall meeting where he claims he knew the cia ran drugs into Los Angeles.
His Truth and Lies of 911 is a good straight forward examinations of the events, without the fluff.
He was publisher of From the Wilderness, a publication issued to members of congress, addressing critical issues.

Mike is also the publisher/editor of From The Wilderness, a newsletter read in more than 50 countries around the world. Its subscribers include 60-plus members of the US congress, professors at more than 40 universities around the world, and major business and economic leaders.

Mike is a former LAPD narcotics investigator, whistleblower and a 1973 Honors Graduate of UCLA in Political Science. After attempting to expose this he was forced out of LAPD in 1978 while earning the highest rating reports possible and having no pending disciplinary actions. In 1996, after 18 years of struggle, he finally achieved one of his deepest wishes in a face to face public encounter with then CIA Director John Deutch on national television. Washington sources later told Mike that Deutch's mishandling of the encounter cost him a guaranteed appointment as Secretary of Defense.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

He fought the good fight
RIP...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, i didn't recognise the name, but after watching the Deutch video it all came back. I think maybe he just thought he'd come to his useful end and couldn't do any more, and decide to leave a world, which for him, was all that is loathsome, yet all that he loved. At least they didn't kill him.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
R.I.P - he won't easily be replaced

Michael Ruppert is required reading/viewing for anyone who logs into this website

edit on 15-4-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
At least he didn't have to witness the beginning of the end of the world....
Damnit suffocate me now with a cheap grocery bag, this damned quattro-lunar-eclipse.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Wow, bummer. I found Mike Rupert right after 9-11 when he used to have his site "back to the wilderness" or something like that. I can't remember now. I have read all of his stuff and my fave was "Crossing the Rubicon". He was an old warrior.

I remember when he got honey potted and then moved to South America. I haven't really kept up with him since then.

Rest in peace Michael.

May you find solace.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Prophets of Doom was a very good documentary. He will be missed!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This is truly hard to comprehend.. goddamn!!!! Suicide? WTF?
I seriously don't believe it... but i guess i have to

You will surely be missed my friend.

Rest in peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join