It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami-Dade Voters Banned From Using Bathroom While Waiting In Line To Cast Ballot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Voters in Miami-Dade County and throughout Florida were forced to wait in extremely long lines in the 2012 elections, as the state cut early voting days which are meant to ease the wait for voters on election day from 14 early days to eight. The result: lines that some voters who braved them said took as long as nine hours to get through — especially in densely populated Miami-Dade County.

Now, when a human being is forced to wait in any one place for hours at a time, inevitably, he or she may need to use a rest room. But Miami-Dade officials have now laid down a new rule preventing voters from using a bathroom, no matter how long they have to wait to vote.

Two years ago, Marc Dubin of South Florida’s Center For Independent Living, contacted Miami-Dade election officials to alert them to a problem. Voters with disabilities did not have equal access to bathrooms at many polling places, where they and other voters were forced to wait hours in line.

Dubin said that he expected Miami-Dade to assure him that more portable toilets would be added for voters to use as they endured the long lines that seem inevitable for the November 2014 mid-term elections.

Instead, the county wrote back saying that if voters with disabilities could not use bathrooms at polling places, then nobody could. Starting with this year’s election cycle, all publicly available rest rooms at polling places would be locked.

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Off-course this is all about making things fair to folks with disabilities not fixing the problem but compounding it,yet other here would say geez dude nothing to see here there is no attempt at voter suppression stop being chicken little,the sky is not falling.
You know there are times depending on the situation that a personnel on watch can request a temporary relief to go use the head while standing a 4hrs watch,yet we expect civilians to go from 6-9hrs without relief and guess who generally benefits more from low voter turn out??
edit on 14-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Sounds legit. Wonder what would happen when hundreds of urine filled bottles start flying towards the voting staff.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I saw this a few days ago. It is ridiculous!! Someone needs to start a fund for port-o-potties.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

But Miami-Dade officials have now laid down a new rule preventing voters from using a bathroom, no matter how long they have to wait to vote.

Fewer voting booths mean longer lines and no restrooms means fewer voters. I bet they install fountains nearby with water gurgling, too. Do people really stay up late thinking this stuff up?

Sounds like Florida is getting ready for the next Bush election. Stay tuned for more innovations. The next contenders will be either Bushes or Clintons (again).

The dynasty continues.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

yeah right, people waiting in line for 5-7 hours in Miami Dade last election. sheesh.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

This is the true voter fraud. Makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Echo3Foxtrot
Sounds legit. Wonder what would happen when hundreds of urine filled bottles start flying towards the voting staff.

Then the cops would come in declare a riot situation close the polling stations, voter suppression a success ,democracy is trumped.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I would hold it until I got to the booth then use the booth as the port o potty, just kidding but that might get the point across
The government is turning into an old person with dementia that cannot do it's job anymore and now it's time to step aside and let someone with common sense and morals step in and get the job done correctly and effectively .smaller government with brains is what we need now more than ever.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

GrantedBail

yeah right, people waiting in line for 5-7 hours in Miami Dade last election. sheesh.

Imagine if you had little ones with you,who you can't take to the bathroom.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Because Eff the voter.

Check your hometown, Florida is overt and an easy target, but other rules all around the country has been snuck in to inconvenience voters enough to simply not show up.
Voter Suppression is rampant and pretty overt overall. Disgusting trait by some people to try whatever they can do to deny people their right to vote.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

JHumm
reply to post by GrantedBail

I would hold it until I got to the booth then use the booth as the port o potty, just kidding but that might get the point across
The government is turning into an old person with dementia that cannot do it's job anymore and now it's time to step aside and let someone with common sense and morals step in and get the job done correctly and effectively .smaller government with brains is what we need now more than ever.

But you are assuming JHumm that this is a matter of incompetence when it's not,this is clear cold calculation that in certain swing states a low voter turn out benefits a certain party,forget trying to win over potential voters to your side by listening to their concerns.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

intrptr

But Miami-Dade officials have now laid down a new rule preventing voters from using a bathroom, no matter how long they have to wait to vote.

Fewer voting booths mean longer lines and no restrooms means fewer voters. I bet they install fountains nearby with water gurgling, too. Do people really stay up late thinking this stuff up?

Sounds like Florida is getting ready for the next Bush election. Stay tuned for more innovations. The next contenders will be either Bushes or Clintons (again).

The dynasty continues.

Jeb Bush just messed up he mucked around and said something totally reasonable about immigration reform and Illegals
llegal Immigration Often 'An Act Of Love'
www.huffingtonpost.com...
And boy did he got skewered by his fellow Reps,even his mommy roasted him ..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

GrantedBail

I saw this a few days ago. It is ridiculous!! Someone needs to start a fund for port-o-potties.

I can see it now. Port-o-potties with signs. "This port-o-potty brought to you by________" Better than campaign bumper stickers.

Des

edit on 14-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Destinyone

GrantedBail

I can see it now. Port-o-potties with signs. "This port-o-potty brought to you by________" Better than campaign bumper stickers.

Des

edit on 14-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

This place, full of crap, bought to you by the President!

P

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Last election me and the wife wated about six hours here in FL. Piss poor voting policies is nothing new for FL. From now on we are just going to absentee vote. I hate the polling places here..last time we at the polling spot we had everything from Jehovah's witnesses to people trying to pay us to vote for the O man. Enough!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Echo3Foxtrot

The Pee Party!

new topics

top topics

join