It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opposite of love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Some people say the opposite of love is hate,another part of people say the opposite of love is indifference.
For me the opposite of love is conspiracy.If love is trust,conspiracy is mistrust and analysis.

What is the opposite of love ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Selfishness.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by candlestick

Jealousy.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Intelligence.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Its in the word, which is coded to duality. evol!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually there is no such thing has opposite of love.. here is an example..

So Hitler loved the fact that he was going to cleanse the world and make a superior race, But everyone hated it..

Just because on loves one thing and others hate it doesn't make his love irrelevant..

No I am native american so I cant be a supreme race.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Love isn't subjective. We're in a duality school, akin to a training manual dvd, and some take the long way home, for their split second here in their time, a kazillion years have passed going to dark star and black hole gravity status, for that is the gravity of murder and slavery, before their homing instinct kicks in and they bounce back, or rather, family who never gives up on anyone, throws a hand down in the pit they're in and pulls them up.

It takes your happy thoughts to fly, literally.

The law of one is a blood line distortion, akin to Hidden Hand, and some of the Rosicrucianism beliefs that I've debated before.
There is no right or wrong, its all love, even when you're thrown in a fema camp and organs taken, its all love. They just love you so much they have to catalysts.

Well, thing is, i remember home. And Family.

There is a right and wrong answer on the daily tests. The duality is neutral, night/day, sickness and health.

But the selfish/selfless, the giving/taking, the love of power and power of love stuff, thats exactly what we came to work on. One day its "pencils down".

The playpen school will be over and the exams will be marked.

And no, don't believe in religions.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

edit on 15-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Love embraces everything; the opposite of love would be to place judgement on things; to look for polarities to define what is or isn't love. Love is unconditional acceptance; not judgement... IMO.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The opposite of love would me IMO :
Hate,Doubt,Fear,Distrust.

But yet..
What one person desires most,seeks the other to destroy.
edit on 15-4-2014 by TheRyder001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Fear.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Indifference i would think is the opposite of love.

we all feel and display love in different ways, it is possible to love someone while hating them, or being jealous of them.

To be truly indifferent in mind is the total opposite of what love is about

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
gut wrenching kicked in the plums betrayal.= opposite of love.

oh and chameleon-like bi-polar narcissistic beholder's of pussy power inflict the harshest lessons in it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Love is a verb. It requires an action for it to be real. It does not always equate into something good and edifying. I.e., the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
Apathy is its oppsite. The lack of action due to a lack of a catalyst to act.

the greeks had 4 words to describe love.

Yeshua performed the greatest act of love at calvary. He was innocent yet he laid down His life for His friends that we may know Him, free from the bondage that held us confined for so long, where we too can choose to act onthis love that sets us free from bondage to iniquity. Free to love others as He first loved us.

The world embraces apathy it seems. Tv is freedom from loving our neighbor

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

There is no peace except in disinterest. The more subject to creatures a man is, the less he conforms to God, but the disinterested heart, being void of creatures, is constantly worshipping God and conforming to Him, and is therefore sensitive to His influence…. The desires of the flesh are contrary to those of the spirit…. Therefore, discard the form and be joined to the formless essence [of God]…. The less one pays attention to the creature things, the more the Creator pursues one…. Disinterest is best of all, for by it the soul is unified, knowledge is made pure, the heart is kindled, the spirit wakened, … the virtues enhanced. Disinterest brings knowledge of God; cut off from the creature, the soul unites with God…. + + + + + + + From the Sermons:

Meister Eckhart.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Lovely words. They make much sense to me too, even though they contradict my earlier comment. Thank you for posting them

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Involutionist

Spot on :-)

The Dalai Lama said "Love is the absence of judgement"

Judgment is the seperation of one thing from another.

So one could say seperation in ones mind is the opposite.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What is the opposite of love ?

Fear.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Love is a form of Oneness bringing harmony and unity. The opposite is to me separation/removal from that Oneness.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know fear is used alot. But fear is a natural response to danger and is not really your enemy.

The two opposing forces are the Love of Power and the Power of Love.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join