It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well preserved mammoth found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, I am sure some people know this from the news already. But just bringing this to everyones attention.

I tried to find some more sources on it, but only found this.

Recent mammoth

Although not the best carcass found it still is a step closer to understand not only the beast itself but perhaps what us humans ate at the time?
I remember reading somewhere that the last living mammoths actually were around during the time of organized human civilization! Some 12 thousand years ago is when this happened and is when the last ice age was on it's way out, so there might be out there a lot more well preserved mammoths to discover!

For those wondering, here is the most well preserved mammoth to date.
Flesh and bone mammoth.

Hope some more people can contribute to this! I am currently fascinated.

Edit: Well, I jumped the gun on 'found' it's pretty old 'news's per say. Though it is still interesting!
edit on 14-4-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by strongfp

Oh, I love information about ancient animal discoveries! So glad you posted, as I hadn't read much about this yet!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yah, pretty cool to be frozen for so long and then found in the modern era.

Some more mammoths

Despite finding numerous skeletons, tons of tusks and well preserved specimens, I was wondering if they have ever found a human in the region?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

intrptr
Yah, pretty cool to be frozen for so long and then found in the modern era.

Some more mammoths

Despite finding numerous skeletons, tons of tusks and well preserved specimens, I was wondering if they have ever found a human in the region?

That would be interesting! maybe finding a human or humans with a dead mammoth, preserved. Like a failed hunt.

new topics

join