It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even More Bad News For Obamacare Opponents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Premiums for health insurance in the affordable health care act are lower than the Federal government had anticipated.

thinkprogress.org...

Congressional Budget Office reported on Monday when it revised its cost estimate for the health care law. The nonpartisan office now believes that the ACA will cost the government $5 billion less than projected in 2014 and $104 billion less for the 2015-2024 period. It also found “no clear evidence” that premiums will surge in 2015, noting that “enrollees in the future will be healthier, on average, than the smaller number of people who are obtaining such coverage in 2014.” The agency estimated that the national average premium for individual silver policy plans would increase by $100 that year.

This means 12 million more nonelderly people will have health insurance in 2014 as a result of the law.

The CBO is called partisan to many people who have no idea what it is for. It is used by both parties to report on figures. They are historically not attached to either the left or right wing parties.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Android616 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Android616

That's terrible news.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Android616
Premiums for health insurance in the affordable health care act are lower than the Federal government had anticipated.

The CBO is called partisan to many people who have no idea what it is for. It is used by both parties to report on figures. They are historically not attached to either the left or right wing parties.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Android616 because: (no reason given)

Is this that same CBO that verified the "Lie of the Year" over 20 times?

Historically the President did not use Federal Agencies to crush their political opponents.

Obamacare will be repealed root and branch.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Lower than the Federal government ANTICIPATED?????? And you think this is a GOOD thing?

A recent survey of 148 insurance brokers shows that ObamaCare is sending premiums rising at the fastest clip in decades.

"For the last, about, five years they've been doing this survey, so this was the largest percentage increase in any quarter since they've been doing (it)," says Scott Gottlieb of the American Enterprise Institute.

"But at 12 percent, 11 percent increase on average across all the states -- that puts it at the upper end of any increase we've seen for decades."

That is the national average in a survey done by Morgan Stanley. But in some states, it found rates are soaring.

"There are specific states with exorbitant increases," says Gottlieb. "Delaware had 100 percent increase, Florida had a 37 percent increase, Pennsylvania 28 percent increase, California had a 53 percent increase in their premiums."

Source

I know my own premiums went up 45% for worse care (greater deductible). My wife's went up 37%. And this is bad news for Obamacare opponents? I think you are delusional.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

greencmp

That's terrible news.

Indeed. I wonder if it's too late to get Sebelius back to her post.
I liked the way she jutted her chin out all the time like Obama.

edit on 1442014 by Snarl because: Autocorrect

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

What's behind your threads and thread posts?

Seems Kathleen Sebelius has a lot free time on her hands these days.

edit on 14-4-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

LOL You used Fox News as your source. Thats certainly not partisan.

Star and flag away

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So is the less than projected cost due to massively reduced premiums (that no one has seen) or that they didn't get anywhere near the projected number of enrollees on healthcare.gov? Somehow I think the later was the bigger factor here than the former. I mean, I can see the government saving $5 billion when only 484,000 people signed up versus the 30 million they were aiming for with this law.

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by schuyler

LOL You used Fox News as your source. Thats certainly not partisan.

Star and flag away

You just made it partisan.

Here's a cookie.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for all those who can only afford the Bronze plan and actually need to use it one day....

BTW my premiums and copays went up for both my Tricare and BlueCross plans...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You're sourcing Think Progress? Really? Are you serious?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm on silver plan and mine works great!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

LOL

They aimed high so they could lower the numbers later.

Brilliant bait & switch tactic.

Did they mention a discount lawyer for deductible bankruptcy ?

Remember in November.

LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I wonder if they will get 5000 armed militia to show up and tell the insurance company to waive the deductible?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We won't find out until May when insurance companies begin to look at the real numbers and set pricing. We will see then what kind of success Obamacare is or is not.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Thread closed

top topics

join