It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Complaining -- $100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

LOL! Oh, one other thing now that you've stooped to ad hominem insults.

So, I called you names and said your mom dresses you funny???

No, not a college professor. A hands-on helper.

Well that makes a world of difference then. Good thing you got me squared away on that.

Excuse the hell out of me for existing.

Oh, no problem. Thanks for the excuse.

edit on 18-4-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
Are we talking about the welfare state? Or are you just offering historical events like shouting out random numbers during math class?

I'm talking about government not always acting in the best interest of the people which would include any taxing scheme that they have come up with.

I'm talking about america never having been as great place as you seem to think it was.

Guess I don't like that in order for me to get the "Hand-up", the money was stolen from my neighbor first.
It must not bother you that other people are funding poor life decisions of people.

It doesn't matter what you like. It never has.

Maybe go back and review your statements. Like the hand-up, or many others.

Pretty hard for my statements to be exagerations when they are in fact the current state of things.

edit on 18-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It is really the top 0.1% or even the top .01% who have all the money and power. I can guarantee you anyone in that elite class pays a lot less than the average American in taxes.

Someone in the top 1% in the US is still upper middle class.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
My last boss was one of those, 250k per year kind of guys.
he had all kinds of bookkeepers and accountants, people who specialize in tax law working for him.
know what... he paid less per year than I did.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Your response is OK.

I just wanted to know if the author was on that page so to speak.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You're welcome. And to your credit, I did notice your several posts acknowledging the posts of others who don't necessarily agree with you.

Thank you. And with that, my foray into the wilds of ATS sarcastic and rock-laced-mud-wars comes to an end.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I'm talking about government not always acting in the best interest of the people which would include any taxing scheme that they have come up with.

So???? Give the Govt more taxing abilities then???

I'm talking about america never having been as great place as you seem to think it was.

I guess when measured using the Progressive ruler.

It doesn't matter what you like. It never has.

Ahhh, so it doesn't matter what I think. Only what you tell me should matter.
I am loving this authoritative still of life you want.

Pretty hard for my statements to be exagerations when they are in fact the current state of things.

Your statements are full of exaggerations. I can't help that you don't see it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Quit Complaining 100K plus earners,

you do not have to worry about being hungry or losing your home and property if you get laid off.

I would gladly switch places.

This shilling for the rich is amazing.

The Rich are the ones who profit from big government and buy politicians for their big government payouts.

But I guess the rest of us have to pay for their political favors too.
edit on 18-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

So, we should just shut up, work harder and smile as more money is taken from us.

you do not have to worry about being hungry or losing your home and property if you get laid off.

WOW. You really have no clue do you.

From your statements, you couldn't cut it. You want the immediate benefits of, but don't want the work that comes along with it.

So, $100k a year is rich.

The Rich are the ones who profit from big government and buy politicians for their big government payouts.

I just checked and don't seem to have any Politicians on my payroll, nor do I have Govt money coming in.

Yeah, sure sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So, we should just shut up, work harder and smile as more money is taken from us.

No, actually the 100K tax bracket used to pay a much higher percent than they do now.

WOW. You really have no clue do you.

I've never been rich, so no, I don't know what it's like to not have to worry about basic survival.

From your statements, you couldn't cut it. You want the immediate benefits of, but don't want the work that comes along with it.

lol

I work two part time jobs, have my own business, go to college and I can't afford 1 new tire on my car.

So, $100k a year is rich.

Yes, it is, I could save 70K a year

$700,000 a decade

as it is it takes me about a decade to clear 70K

I just checked and don't seem to have any Politicians on my payroll, nor do I have Govt money coming in.

I thought you made 100K and you are poor?

So which is it?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

No, actually the 100K tax bracket used to pay a much higher percent than they do now.

That wasn't my question.

I've never been rich, so no, I don't know what it's like to not have to worry about basic survival.

Again, you clearly have no clue.

lol

I work two part time jobs, have my own business, go to college and I can't afford 1 new tire on my car.

Sounds like you are doing something wrong then.

Yes, it is, I could save 70K a year

$700,000 a decade

as it is it takes me about a decade to clear 70K

It may be rich to you, but seeing as that you don't get to define that for anyone else, I don't see your problem.

I thought you made 100K and you are poor?

What does that have to do with your statement of having politicians on the payroll.
And who said I was poor?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That has a striking resemblances to things defined by the Marx writings?

Yes, it does.
Are you familiar with the Bolshevik revolution(s)? Do you know WHY they happened? And do you know HOW Marxism failed, even when it was a perfectly logical ideology?

I've just been studying it, as a matter of fact. It wasn't Marx's policies that failed. They would have worked. They could work now. Progressives are NOT Communists. If you'd like more info I'll dig out the link I was reading yesterday about how the USSR failed. And it was NOT because of Marxist principles. It was about CORRUPTION among the people who took over. They dropped the ball entirely.

I've been looking at your threads for years here now, xuenchen, and you come across as an alarmist bulldozer. Like I said, I should've left this thread alone. I never agree with you - and I'm so tired of the repetitive vilification.

In all fairness, Marxist principles have always failed and will always fail because human beings are not insects. The old line of, "but they just haven't doe it right yet," does get tiresome in defense of failed attempt after failed to attempt to establish a Marxist utopia.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You could easily switch places with enough drive and good life choices. I was once dirt poor. I often went hungry. Now I am not. Now I do not. The difference between you and I? I didn't make excuses why I couldn't do it, I just worked hard and sacrificed and did it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So???? Give the Govt more taxing abilities then???

You don't give them anything. They take.

I guess when measured using the Progressive ruler.

Maybe? I don't own one of those.

Ahhh, so it doesn't matter what I think. Only what you tell me should matter.
I am loving this authoritative still of life you want.

I never said what I think even matters. That is why I don't usually speak in those terms.

Your statements are full of exaggerations. I can't help that you don't see it.

No, I think they are just full of things you disagree with and that makes you see them a certain way.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Oh, but the runaway Capitalist system is working????
I don't think so.

How do you explain the Reaganomic catastrophe that we are now enduring?

Failed capitalsim is what we are looking at right now.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Sounds like you are doing something wrong then.
Good news! I'm back!!!

Dude. STOP blaming people for their 'career choices' or their 'life trajectory'....it's lame.

Face the facts. The wealthy are not paying enough to keep the middle class alive. The middle class is being killed by the current policies.

I'm happy for you if you're rich, but your knee-jerk antagonism to people who aren't as well off as you are (blaming them) reeks of "capitalist elitism."

So bully for you - you went on a course that disregards EVERYONE ELSE and amasses you wealth that you don't want/allow anyone else to touch. And your posts in this thread clearly indicate that you don't give even one turd about how others are suffering.

.....enjoy your vast wealth.
Pay no attention to the people slaving away to give you that opportunity - or should I say "good choice-making."

You honestly DON'T give a crap about other people's dilemmas.....
ugh.

One day you'll have to pay the piper.
And in this thread you are accelerating -- amplifying -- your obvious hatred for anyone who has a heart, who cares about other citizens.
But hey, you're right - none of it is your concern.
*eyeroll*

You got yours, right? And screw everyone else who chose a career path based on altruism, helpfulness, selflessness, and moderation in lifestyle. Right?

Pathetic.

edit on 4/18/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

You could easily switch places with enough drive and good life choices. I was once dirt poor. I often went hungry. Now I am not. Now I do not. The difference between you and I? I didn't make excuses why I couldn't do it, I just worked hard and sacrificed and did it.

No, the difference is I am younger than you and I am still on the path of doing.

However, I think this economic and political system we have here is crap.

And my bigger point goes back to what we were talking about before. This thread is another example of money taking a priority over people. Fiat money that is not worth a damn, we have enough to bailout banks and build an army that could take on the world, yet when the money goes to citizens it is "wrong". I do not see any Christianity in always worrying about money first, just my observation.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

That has a striking resemblances to things defined by the Marx writings?

Yes, it does.
Are you familiar with the Bolshevik revolution(s)? Do you know WHY they happened? And do you know HOW Marxism failed, even when it was a perfectly logical ideology?

I've just been studying it, as a matter of fact. It wasn't Marx's policies that failed. They would have worked. They could work now. Progressives are NOT Communists. If you'd like more info I'll dig out the link I was reading yesterday about how the USSR failed. And it was NOT because of Marxist principles. It was about CORRUPTION among the people who took over. They dropped the ball entirely.

I've been looking at your threads for years here now, xuenchen, and you come across as an alarmist bulldozer. Like I said, I should've left this thread alone. I never agree with you - and I'm so tired of the repetitive vilification.

In all fairness, Marxist principles have always failed and will always fail because human beings are not insects. The old line of, "but they just haven't doe it right yet," does get tiresome in defense of failed attempt after failed to attempt to establish a Marxist utopia.

I do not know a single liberal (most of my friends are) who want anything even close to Marxism or utopia.

In fact I haven't seen one post on this website that takes a decidedly Marxist stance.

I think many of you do not understand the aim of modern liberalism, most of us just want the oligarchy to not be so influential on America. The problem is not the rich, the problem is that money is corrupting and that corruption is aimed at compounding the problems we already face.

If most people made wages that could sustain them then there would be no need for welfare.

I simply do not understand always trying to cut from the people who have the least, an act which just necessitates things like welfare and the rest.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
My last boss was one of those, 250k per year kind of guys.
he had all kinds of bookkeepers and accountants, people who specialize in tax law working for him.
know what... he paid less per year than I did.

yeah, i was making the same money before i got married with a kid and a house.

i went from 1040 simple form to a pro tax guy.

i paid less taxes because i had more stuff than being single and renting.

(and more deductible expenses)

so if you are making 50k and single, you will be nailed by the gov for more taxes than someone making the same, raising a family.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You explain faulty mathematics by using faulty mathematics? It's a very simple fact that higher wage earners do indeed shoulder the bulk of income tax already.

Go look at my example and break down how it's faulty.

I'll wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join