It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Complaining -- $100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by MarlinGrace

Good post.

Makes sense.

The divide tactics always set the stage.

Thanks some of my earliest memories were of conversations with my grandfather, he would complain about all the same things that are complained about today. Nothing has changed. I hate to say it but that was oh about 45 years ago at the ripe old age of 10. Could you imagine if the entire voting public got together and voted for the same person? Because they wanted a flat tax? Wow then the people really would show the power they have.

Instead politicians convince us the "Rich" have more than we do so we have to take more from them to even things up. All the while they (Politicians) take money from the same people giving tax advantages and grants. Just look at Solyndra the good old boy network at it's best. How much of your tax money paid for that? What the hell did Corzine know about solar cells?

This happens on both sides of the isle we just need to vote these bums out and get the tax law changed. Until the people get this I will focus on what I have not what everyone else has. It sounds like in the end it will be the same good old boy network that is creating the Bundy Ranch problem as well, we will have to wait until it all shakes out to be sure.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Says the Progressive.

Guess those people in poverty, with TVs, iPhones and such can indeed pay more.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Those are no longer luxuries.

Times change.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
All I know is this: So many people want things to be "fair" and "equal." We all want to be treated the same, right? I'm sure we all do ... right up until you notice that we pull in more income than you do. Then, all of a sudden we deserve to be punished for it. You want to soak us for more than 50% of that.

It seems that what you really mean is that if you find out I'm making $1.00 an hour more than you. I should be taking that extra dollar and splitting it in half and giving you $0.50 so that we're getting the same no matter what it is we might be doing for our jobs, no matter what kinds of skills are required or how fair or not our respective job performance is.

You don't want everyone to be treated equally. What you really want is for no one to ever have more than you have, and if someone does, you want them to be punished for it by having it taken away from them until you manage to get your own.

That isn't about being fair or equal. That's about being selfish and envious and spiteful with a healthy side of greed thrown in.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Mirthful Me
You're welcome...

Indeed.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

So, you get to define that. How lovely. The Alinsky Model is alive and well.

I don't see where I have the right to define what someone else can/can't afford. I also in reverse, don't see where you or anyone else has the right to do this as well.

Talk about elitist and snobby.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

They're no longer luxuries? Really? I'm in one of the tax brackets where you really start to notice the bite, and I don't have an iPhone. Let me tell you. They are a luxury.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

ketsuko

They're no longer luxuries? Really? I'm in one of the tax brackets where you really start to notice the bite, and I don't have an iPhone. Let me tell you. They are a luxury.

i have a $5 pay as you go tracfone. no camera, oldstyle texting, etc.

guess what, cant be tracked.

Iphone is a luxury item. how can we tell? it is the top of the line technology.

Next someone will say Cadillac or Lincoln isn't a luxury car..lol
edit on 15-4-2014 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm not defining it. I'm just pointing out the fact that the price of such items have come down to the point where they are no longer considered luxuries.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

ketsuko
All I know is this: So many people want things to be "fair" and "equal." We all want to be treated the same, right? I'm sure we all do ... right up until you notice that we pull in more income than you do. Then, all of a sudden we deserve to be punished for it. You want to soak us for more than 50% of that.

It seems that what you really mean is that if you find out I'm making $1.00 an hour more than you. I should be taking that extra dollar and splitting it in half and giving you $0.50 so that we're getting the same no matter what it is we might be doing for our jobs, no matter what kinds of skills are required or how fair or not our respective job performance is.

You don't want everyone to be treated equally. What you really want is for no one to ever have more than you have, and if someone does, you want them to be punished for it by having it taken away from them until you manage to get your own.

That isn't about being fair or equal. That's about being selfish and envious and spiteful with a healthy side of greed thrown in.

That is the Progressive mindset. Cloaking envy with fairness.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Please show me where such a definition exists.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

HanzHenry

ketsuko

i have a $5 pay as you go tracfone. no camera, oldstyle texting, etc.

guess what, cant be tracked.

Iphone is a luxury item. how can we tell? it is the top of the line technology.

Next someone will say Cadillac or Lincoln isn't a luxury car..lol
edit on 15-4-2014 by HanzHenry because: (no reason given)

Judging by the Escalades I've seen some of the gals who use EBT climbing into at my grocery store ... maybe they aren't anymore.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Not sure what you mean. Luxury in layman's terms is something that can only be attained by the very wealthy. I see people who, as you said, are in poverty but have these things.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

macman

ketsuko

That is the Progressive mindset. Cloaking envy with fairness.

It's actually the Social Justice mindset which is, yes, the progressive sacred cow.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It is subjective in nature and the only reason why it is being used, is to further resentment and envy from the havenots.

Luxury for one is common to another and only Progressives believe this should be a rally cry to further the crap agenda.

Just as others have stated, the Escalade is driven by illegals in the state I reside.

In AZ, those same people that are supposedly in poverty, receiving Govt handouts live in really nice $200k homes.

Soooooo.....it is the Alinsky method in action.

Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You said poor people have them and I just pointed out that if that is true, then how much of a luxury can they really be.

Like I said, times change.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That is great. So.....The poor have luxury items, such as cars, TVs and electronics. Sounds very much like they are doing fine, since they can not only be fed on some else's dime, get housing on the tax payer, and many other things, which seems to free up their cash flow to purchase those nice things.

Yeah, so happy that I work hard to provide for myself and my family, only to have a greater percentage stolen from my family to fulfill your Social Justice Wants.

Guess I will need to not only have a primary job and a business, but I guess my wife needs to go to work as well so we too can afford those "luxury" items.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

macman

Yeah, so happy that I work hard to provide for myself and my family,

So does much of the rest of the country while the true top end, corporations and those that earn the dizzying amounts get away with paying little to nothing percentage wise while the rest of us drown under inflation and the cost of living.

Because anyone who thought that my "progressive" point was that everyone earning more than me needed to be taxed more fails at reading comprehension. The Bob/Tom example was nothing more than that. Any with a brain recognize the real issue, others trip up amidst the context.

That said, your family could live on Mac & Cheese, minced spam and ramen noodles too could they not? We all could and we'd save money while doing it.
edit on 4/15/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

macman

That is great. So.....The poor have luxury items, such as cars, TVs and electronics. Sounds very much like they are doing fine, since they can not only be fed on some else's dime, get housing on the tax payer, and many other things

A car is not a luxury item. I have a 1996 and a 1988 each worth about 3k
a TV is not a luxury item . i have 2 old sony trinitrons from a thrift store at $30 a piece. ten years ago they were 1200 each.
electronics are not luxury items. My kids are in a homeschool program where laptops are included, beats a welfare to work (hoodrat) teacher in public school

were you in the military at one point, I was. and was fed on someone else's dime. Oh, and my housing was via taxpayer.

those are not where the focus should be.

Here is where it should be, ILLEGALS getting govt benefits by having anchor babies!

there was article about rent being unaffordable in many cities from Yahoo cant find it anymore.

But, the illegals are pushing up rents due to availability.. aka supply vs demand. if the illegals were not here, there would be WAY more vacancies and therefore cheap rent.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

So, the answer is not to hike the gross rate. All that does is hurt the people on their way up so they never get there. The ones already at the top love it though. Their status is protected and assured, so please, I'm sure they love it when you keep asking for the rich to keep getting soaked with higher taxes. All you do is make it harder for any of us to ever get off the bottom.

The rich will only get richer and the poor will only get poorer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join