It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit Complaining -- $100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Only 6% of Congress pays Federal Income Taxes which says its the Criminal Just-Us System thus i am exempt.

Dont ever let anyone tell you that you dont pay your taxes. You have no say in the matter.

A partial list of the various ways in which citizens of the US are taxed:

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Deficit spending
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inflation
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

So, removing the heavy tax burden on the middle class will bring down the middle class?????
You really need to start thinking for yourself, instead of repeating talking points.

The RICH are not the Middle Class, dude!!

YOU are the middle class. YOU are the one being exterminated. Because the RICH are not paying taxes. They are hoarding their wealth in off-shore accounts, and shipping jobs overseas to avoid paying taxes. I ALSO am the middle class. Not everyone is a business guru, and this country is founded on people being able to do their best at what they are BEST at. My career choice was solid, and no, I didn't just "help others suck the government teat."

And I didn't bother to point out that not all Grants come from the Government. Grants are given by lots of "Foundations" - like United Way.

Did you see the new thread about how much is spent to subsidize Walmart? They won't PAY ENOUGH, so their employees have to get assistance. To The Tune of 6.2 BILLION dollars. So the Waltons can hoard MORE of their money. McDonalds is the same way.

You have no idea how much research and investigation I've done in this subject. This may be the Mud Pit, but there are still limits on how insulting and rude you are allowed to get. Character assaults are NOT OKAY. Lay off of me. I AM NOT THE TOPIC. But at this point, based on your vitriolic spitting, I hope that some day YOU have a hard time and need a hand. Some people just don't get it unless they experience it themselves. May your life offer the opportunity.

A very good neighbor and friend of the family who ran his own business for decades, successfully, is now BANKRUPT, and has his house on the market - why? Because the BANKS refused to continue to lend to him when things got sucky.

I had to leave my last full-time job to help care for my elderly, frail father. That was in autumn of 2008; talk about CRAP timing. I have not been able to get even an INTERVIEW since then. I'm not trying hard enough? Bullcrap.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Oannes
These days 100k doesn't go that far. The richest should be taxed this way. Like before Reagan came into office. Return the tax code to those standards. This country was prosperous then. Tax those who can afford it. Who makes the most, gets taxed the most. We have it backwards. Its become "take everything from those who have nothing".

Actually, the rich would love to be taxed in that manner. Before Reagan, the top rates were much higher, but there were myriad of loopholes and tax shelters that made the actual rates lower than today. Yes, during the 80's the rates went down, but the tax shelters were largely removed so the rates of today better reflect what was actually paid. You point to a top marginal rate of 90% in, say the 50's, but nobody actually paid that. It plays well to the unwashed masses who don't understand, but hey.

Also, the 80's (named the decade of greed) were a prosperous time and Reagan era support for free enterprise fueled the tech boom of the 90's and early 2000's.

The mess you see today is due to leftist redistributions schemes and loans to those who couldn't afford them. Freddie and Fannie ring a bell? HUD acts?

I honestly couldn't agree more.

The favorite liberal argument is to point to the mid 20th century and say "Look, 90% tax rate!" but they fail to understand that no one ever paid that much because of the massive loopholes in the tax system.

You should read "The End of Prosperity" by Art Laffer and Steve Moore. They explain how Reagan created a 25 year boom from 1982 to 2007.

I still fail to understand how taxing the rich to death solves the economic problem in this country. According to the CBO, tax receipts for 2013 were the highest in American history, yet Obama still managed to spend more than we took in. It doesn't matter how high taxes will go when we have a liberals spending like this in office.
edit on 4/21/2014 by UziXxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
reply to post by buster2010

We are not talking about the relationship set up with the Fed Reserve, nor are we addressing the issue of taxes paying for the interest on money borrowed.

For all argument sake, taxes are removed from my pay, in order to fund the Govt, which in turn uses those funds to give to others.

Just because you have inserted a "middleman", doesn't remove the fact that my pay is taken to basically go to someone else.

You said your taxes are paying for social services when they are not. All taxes that the government gets goes directly to the Federal Reserve. You should read up a little on where your taxes really goes.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
a reply to: xuenchen

Only 6% of Congress pays Federal Income Taxes which says its the Criminal Just-Us System thus i am exempt.

Dont ever let anyone tell you that you dont pay your taxes. You have no say in the matter.

A partial list of the various ways in which citizens of the US are taxed:

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Deficit spending
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting License Tax
Inflation
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Another thing that annoys me is that congress and the senate exempted themselves form insider trading laws. Something that would be illegal for a business to do (say buying up land in advance because you know the government is going to use it to run a light rail system through) is perfectly legal for them to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

The RICH are not the Middle Class, dude!!

Says who??

YOU are the middle class. YOU are the one being exterminated. Because the RICH are not paying taxes.

Yeah, the whole argument of "people not paying enough" I guess only applies to the evil rich.
Let's not require the Federal Govt to cut back spending to what they are supposed to do. Let's instead demonize people for not having more of their money stolen from them.

They are hoarding their wealth in off-shore accounts, and shipping jobs overseas to avoid paying taxes.

One, I could care less of they hoard THEIR money. It is there money.
And shipping jobs overseas?? Yeah, can't be that the business is taxed high, and they move due to those high taxes.

I ALSO am the middle class. Not everyone is a business guru, and this country is founded on people being able to do their best at what they are BEST at.

What does being a business guru have to do with anything?
And the persons best doesn't automagically mean they will be successful.

My career choice was solid,

So, how is that career choice right now? Still solid?

and no, I didn't just "help others suck the government teat."

Oh, so aside from helping them do that, you also wrote papers on how to do it.
Anything else?

And I didn't bother to point out that not all Grants come from the Government. Grants are given by lots of "Foundations" - like United Way.

United Way is a non profit. Non profit draws from tax exempt status. Seems they are basically doing the same thing you bemoan the rich about. Not paying taxes.

Did you see the new thread about how much is spent to subsidize Walmart? They won't PAY ENOUGH, so their employees have to get assistance. To The Tune of 6.2 BILLION dollars. So the Waltons can hoard MORE of their money. McDonalds is the same way.

And the Govt should not be providing the handouts to those people.
The fault is with the Govt. The business is there for one thing. To make money.

You have no idea how much research and investigation I've done in this subject.

Pics or it didn't happen.
It is nice that you state such things, but that means very little.

This may be the Mud Pit, but there are still limits on how insulting and rude you are allowed to get. Character assaults are NOT OKAY. Lay off of me. I AM NOT THE TOPIC. But at this point, based on your vitriolic spitting,

I do believe you began this back and forth. a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I hope that some day YOU have a hard time and need a hand. Some people just don't get it unless they experience it themselves. May your life offer the opportunity.

Now that is new. For a person that shouts and screams about kindness and caring, you sure seem to forget about it when convenient.

A very good neighbor and friend of the family who ran his own business for decades, successfully, is now BANKRUPT, and has his house on the market - why? Because the BANKS refused to continue to lend to him when things got sucky.

No, he didn't fail because he didn't get additional funding. He failed because his business model relied on credit based cashflow.

I had to leave my last full-time job to help care for my elderly, frail father. That was in autumn of 2008; talk about CRAP timing. I have not been able to get even an INTERVIEW since then.

And that means what to me.

I'm not trying hard enough? Bullcrap.

Yep, your right.
It has nothing to do with your decisions. It is all just the man keeping you down.

Do I have to spell out why you are not succeeding?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

reply to post by buster2010

We are not talking about the relationship set up with the Fed Reserve, nor are we addressing the issue of taxes paying for the interest on money borrowed.

For all argument sake, taxes are removed from my pay, in order to fund the Govt, which in turn uses those funds to give to others.

Just because you have inserted a "middleman", doesn't remove the fact that my pay is taken to basically go to someone else.

You said your taxes are paying for social services when they are not. All taxes that the government gets goes directly to the Federal Reserve. You should read up a little on where your taxes really goes.

You clearly either didn't read what I wrote, or just read what you wanted and responded.

I address this very specifically.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

a reply to: superluminal11

You guys clearly don't get that the Govt is here to help us. And by help, I mean taking from those evil rich people, and giving the scraps to the lowly common folk.

And the Govt can't be hindered by laws like insider trading and such. They need to do the work of the "people" and are very busy.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

And that is the problem.

Never said it wasn't. I just said that that was the state of things and that there really was no time in american history when it wasn't.

Fooled me.

I wonder why?

I do disagree, and they are exaggerated.

Really? Saying TV's and iPhones are not luxuries is an exaggeration?

Saying that the government takes without regard for personal situations isn't true? How about the fact that once they take your money they do what they like with it? That isn't true?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Never said it wasn't. I just said that that was the state of things and that there really was no time in american history when it wasn't.

Taxation as we know it was transformed to what we have now. en.wikipedia.org...
Seems we started out as a country the correct and constitutionally driven way.

I wonder why?

Me cry in the corner now.

Really? Saying TV's and iPhones are not luxuries is an exaggeration?

They are a luxury. People don't "need" such things to live. It is not a necessity.

Saying that the government takes without regard for personal situations isn't true?

It isn't. The push for Govt to take more from those that have, and less from those that don't is in action today.

How about the fact that once they take your money they do what they like with it? That isn't true?

That is true. All the more reason to scale back the Fed Govt, go BACK to a Flat tax, remove our military installations from around the world and stop handing crap out to people to buy votes.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Taxation as we know it was transformed to what we have now. en.wikipedia.org...
Seems we started out as a country the correct and constitutionally driven way.

Not just talking taxation.

They are a luxury. People don't "need" such things to live. It is not a necessity.

If you want to use the dictionary definition, anything not needed to survive, then just about everybody is living a life of luxury.

You don't like the word then how about "these are things that common folk have". Does that take care of the semantic block you seem to be in?

It isn't. The push for Govt to take more from those that have, and less from those that don't is in action today.

Take less from those that don't have.

Say that a couple of times outloud and maybe it will click.

Still doesn't mean that they look at personal files to see how much someone "can pay".

That is true. All the more reason to scale back the Fed Govt, go BACK to a Flat tax, remove our military installations from around the world and stop handing crap out to people to buy votes.

Why would they ever do that?
edit on 21-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah, the whole argument of "people not paying enough" I guess only applies to the evil rich.

Yeah! That is correct.
The rest of your ad hominem response was read, shows that you are calling me a liar, attempting to dismiss my own position as ignorant and 'shillish', and are unaware of the real problem: therefore, not productive; and is now ignored.
You want the 'last word'? Fine. What are you, 12?

After you spend some time gloating about how you killed the messenger....Grow up.

edit on 4/21/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: to add the one line I was responding to.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Take less from those that don't have.

Say that a couple of times outloud and maybe it will click.

Maybe. But I doubt it.
Some people just get dug in too deeply to see over the edge of their bunker. It's sad and infuriating at the same time.

Anyway, I appreciate your posts.

ETA: Oh, those 'free phones' the RightWing yammers about???? I'm sure you know those are 'lifeline only' phones.
But Gov Forbid that the disabled, poor, unemployed, and destitute should have a 'lifeline' phone to access in case of emergency!

edit on 4/21/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yeah! That is correct.

Well, there you go. The plight of the US Citizen is the evil rich person.

The rest of your ad hominem response was read, shows that you are calling me a liar, attempting to dismiss my own position as ignorant and 'shillish', and are unaware of the real problem: therefore, not productive; and is now ignored.

Funny, as I didn't call you names, call you a liar or anything else. YOU just can't handle being challenged.
But, seeing as your response is the typical BS from any Progressive, I'm not surprised.

You want the 'last word'? Fine. What are you, 12?

After you spend some time gloating about how you killed the messenger....Grow up.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Understand, in this day and age, RICH is defined simply as someone who makes more than you.

There was a fairly insistent poster on here not so long ago who was arguing that if you made the average income for the US, you had no excuse not be living the high life AND saving comfortably for your retirement because you were RICH.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Oh, I do like how you basically respond to one or two items addressed, and then call foul.

The cherry picking is strong with you.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Understand, in this day and age, RICH is defined simply as someone who makes more than you.

I do understand that, thank you.
I always remember from The Cosby Show years and years ago....
a specific line that he delivered to his son (the characters, of course, not the actual persons):

"We are not 'rich'. We work for our money. 'Rich' is when your money works for you."

Someone earning $200,000 a year, or even $300,000 or more, is not RICH. I am squawking about the uber-rich, the ultra bejillionaires. The Wall Street Players. The CEOs who get millions as 'bonuses.' The ones who don't need MORE money just to survive.

The rest of us? We (the middle class) need more money in order to compete. The gov is killing that.
It is now officially an oligarchy - especially now that 'corporations' are not limited in how much they can spend in 'lobbying.'

Excuse me -- I have to go meltdown and purge now. Good thing I didn't eat today.

*waves*

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Here's a good primer on the Obamaphone. It was a campaign gimmick. Sure the program existed before, but the Obama folks saw nothing wrong with owning it so long as they felt they could use it to their advantage to buy votes with it. It also made it much easier to get their targeted voting demographic to come out and vote with text messaging.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The problem is that every policy you endorse to cut them down is written is such a way that we can never climb up, and they make sure they'll never be cut down.

Most of what they have is wealth, not money. You want to tax money. And to try to tax wealth would kill all of us in so many ways it wouldn't even be funny. No won deserves to be taxed on things they own, especially as we've already been taxed on them once when we bought them.

In that instance, property taxes and the like are really double, triple, etc., taxation and very wrong.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Productive class, "tax income payers no government benefits" is a big difference between the working poor and the productive working class, one work and still falls in the government benefits while the other one works and pay taxes, the middle class is now within this group, pay taxes get nothing in return, no enough for welfare no enough to be considered rich.

I guess you don't understand what it is to be the ham in the sandwich in Americas economy this days, work, work work, and pay, pay, pay and get nothing in return, just because a person make over 100 K a year and lest the 200 k, they are no rich and they do not need to be ashamed of making that figure, because they benefit the economy and don't depend on other tax payers.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join