It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Moon - Live Feed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The celestial action will begin at 12:54 a.m. ET and last through 6:38 a.m. However, the moon will fall completely behind the Earth's shadow between 3:07 a.m. and 4:25 a.m.

Unfortunately my view will most likely be obscured by clouds - being from Northeast US.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmikDebris

Thanks for the reminder. Clear here so fingers crossed that it stays that way. It's still going to be too late for my star gazing baby to watch in full.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
hey i appreciate the link! last night i had an AMAZINGLY clear view of the moon, hopefully it will be similar if not better! (haven't seen a single cloud today from my perspective in sacramento, ca)

any of you going to be busting out the telescope or binos?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ive got a perfect clear sky in the south west UK , ill take a pic.

This is with the longest lens ive got access to right now.

Equipment:
Canon 5D MKII
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Settings :
1/200
F16
ISO 200
edit on 14-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

PhoenixOD
Ive got a perfect clear sky in the south west UK , ill take a pic.

This is with the longest lens ive got access to right now.

Equipment:
Canon 5D MKII
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Settings :
1/200
F16
ISO 200
edit on 14-4-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Shame I have clouds, I have a 1000mm f11 mirror lens on a Minolta X-7a or XG-1 body (not digital, proper analogue SLR). I would have loved to get a proper pic of this myself, but I expect one of you good people will share ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I appreciate it. I'm subscribing to this thread as a last resort means to see the moon if the clouds decide to screw it up for me. Which will most most likely be the case tomorrow
edit on 14-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
hey i appreciate the link! last night i had an AMAZINGLY clear view of the moon, hopefully it will be similar if not better! (haven't seen a single cloud today from my perspective in sacramento, ca)

any of you going to be busting out the telescope or binos?

binocs here, was going to do a timelapse but cant be bothered with it, plus i might not even get to see it due to fog/cloud cover...so thanks op for the link

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Beautiful, clear night in the inner Pac NW. I'll share pics(hope they come out well lol) for those interested.

Pacific Daylight Time (April 14-15, 2014)
Partial umbral eclipse begins: 10:58 p.m. PDT on April 14
Total eclipse begins: 12:07 a.m.
PDT on April 15
Greatest eclipse: 12:46 a.m. PDT Total eclipse ends: 1:25 a.m. PDT
Partial eclipse ends: 2:33 a.m. PDT

Schedule for the Americas

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Pretty interesting so far...

After some rather severe storms today, including a tornado in a nearby county, we have a perfectly clear view here in East Texas. (Although it is a bit chilly now.)

Wishing I had a decent camera to show pics. :-/

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Just got covered with clouds here but it was a beautiful sight for a bit. Can't wait to see some of the pictures that ya'll got after that teaser photo from PhoenixOD.
edit on 15/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Never fails! Something cool and interesting going on in the sky. . . I can't see anything but clouds.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

ElementalWanderer
Never fails! Something cool and interesting going on in the sky. . . I can't see anything but clouds.

Yeah, I got a good view for a bit. Clouds actually covered the sky everywhere but the moon and Mars. Then the clouds moved and spoiled the show. Darn clouds. I'm relegated to the livefeed now, lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Im so jealous of everyone who gets too see it first hand! It wont be visible at all here in my bit of Australia! I was really excited for it too! Lol. Enjoy & get lots of pics if you can!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I posted these in another thread but here are my pics from the night sorry they are not the best quality.

And Totality

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BGTM90

Awesome photos! My neighbors were trying to use their cellphones, lol. That makes for poor pics. Yours are great!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BGTM90

Awesome pics! Thanks for posting them.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by BGTM90

Awesome photos! My neighbors were trying to use their cellphones, lol. That makes for poor pics. Yours are great!

I actually did use my cellphone but with the aid of a 32 mm reflecting telescope lol but thank you. its vary hard to take picture through a scope when you don't have a mount you have to have a very steady hand.

edit on 15-4-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I wish I could be an astronomer, this is awesome. The clouds hid the first 15 minutes of it, but I've been sitting outside since and loving the view, burning wood at the bonfire, women, and beer. No religion and koolaid, so it's all good.
Waiting for the end of it, got 30 or so minutes left. Such a treat

Thank you everyone for the shares of pics

Thanks for the live feed and thread,
S&F
edit on 15-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

GoShredAK
Thanks for posting this! I appreciate it. I'm subscribing to this thread as a last resort means to see the moon if the clouds decide to screw it up for me. Which will most most likely be the case tomorrow
edit on 14-4-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit
Get yourself and your woman out there. The clouds have pasted here in Kenai at the mouth. Wakey, Wakey Bro!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

BGTM90

WhiteAlice
reply to post by BGTM90

I actually did use my cellphone but with the aid of a 32 mm reflecting telescope lol but thank you. its vary hard to take picture through a scope when you don't have a mount you have to have a very steady hand.

edit on 15-4-2014 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

That's pretty impressive then indeed, lol. Nice thinking!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join