It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Deal With Unwanted Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Star and Flag for you.

Thank you for keeping us informed 👍

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TiedDestructor

Sooo…. small town sheriff, broad daylight, in public. And a peaceful protest. Thats a different situation than "unwanted cops" video the OP brought. I was addressing that situation, from my experience.

By the way, I commend you.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

cosmikDebris
Star and flag for useful info most people don't realize. By useful I mean these tactics are mostly useful as long as you really AREN'T dunk, on drugs, or have weapons in plain sight.

Don't be afraid of police officers. They're civilians too, many just don't acknowledge that.

They aren't real civilians.
Avoid the cops at all cost. They are the only people whose job it is is to legally ruin your day enforcing laws most of which make no sense and don't do anyone a bit of good.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

intrptr

So make it painless for you while making it painful for those to come, those who stand up for our rights.. How precious you are to think of only yourself.

When was the last time you denied them to search your stuff? I bet never. People are all brave behind their keyboards. Late night on the hiway when they ask you to step from your vehicle, however…

You'll comply like all the rest. But hey, go ahead and become the next viral video, your fifteen minutes of fame await you.

Sad to say but he is right.. There is a reason they made dashcams with an on/off switch. If you are recording and they destroy your phone you then have nothing.
Firepiston

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Understood.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

Thanks for the reply. And the chuckle…

It's amazing how many people think that they are being brave and bad-ass by sitting at a keyboard and encouraging others to figuratively throw themselves in front of the tanks.

You notice that, too.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I have had to stand my ground with officers before, and I found that as long as you stay calm, do not get irate, and state exactly what you know your rights to be when they begin to attempt to step on those rights, they back off very quick. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excuse me while I attempt to stop laughing. That has to be the most bizarre bit of cowardliness and Histrionic Personality disorder I have ever seen.

Yup-those Pigs will back off every time you tell them YOUR RIGHTS !!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

spooky24

I have had to stand my ground with officers before, and I found that as long as you stay calm, do not get irate, and state exactly what you know your rights to be when they begin to attempt to step on those rights, they back off very quick. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excuse me while I attempt to stop laughing. That has to be the most bizarre bit of cowardliness and Histrionic Personality disorder I have ever seen.

Yup-those Pigs will back off every time you tell them YOUR RIGHTS !!!!!

Whats with the personal attack?

They do, as long as you don't act like an idiot and know what you are talking about.
At least they have for me.

Usually it is peoples mouths that gets them into deeper water.

edit on 15-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In dealing with cops, I was told to hold my two hands in front of my face and count off "I have nothing to say" and "Am I free to go?". Repeat as needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Here's the real rule. Always be polite! Cops will usually be cool if your cool with them. USUALLY.

If you really haven't done anything wrong, then politely assert your rights, be calm and respectful.

They are going to try and piss you off! Don't fall for it. Continue to be respectful and polite.

If they refuse to leave you alone ask for their supervisor.

Eventually if you don't give them anything to use against you, they will leave. I've done this many times, it always works.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

That is what happened to me.
The police officer attempted to insult my hair and told me I looked like a meth head in order to get a reaction.
There was a reaction all right, I immediately went into calm but firm re-assertive mode, repeating my rights,
and it was not the expected reaction I don't think.

They eventually called their supervisor who told them there was nothing they could do.

It is all in the approach.

Not saying that there are not over-aggressive officers out there, but most are not in my experience.
(if you do run into one, then comply, although not saying anything other than you have the right to remain silent, and you wish to use that right, the court will settle that one)

I have seen several and I mean SEVERAL police officers come and go out of my building serving warrants or noise complaints, or fighting in apartments etc, and not once in 2 years of doing this job I have now, have I ever seen an officer overstep his bounds while on our property, and part of my job is to observe them as well as the residents in such situations.

We don't allow anyone's rights to be violated here, police or resident.

edit on 16-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

intrptr

I'll say this and rile the "die for your rights" crowd. Today the police are operating on a different set of principles. These videos (and DupeTube is full of them) are nice in principal, but leave little to reflect upon in actual practice.

I know, I lived outdoors and can attest the best thing to do with them is let them have their menial way with you. They'll have it anyway. If they find nothing they got nothing. Let them grab at you, cuff you, rifle your belongings, whatever. Try resisting them and the majority will make your life far more miserable than if you just let them do their job as they see it.

The few that mean harm and will actually plant evidence aren't the rule. The rule is they are going to see your ID, they are going to ask questions, they are going to look through your stuff. Say yes sir, and thank you. Then go on your way.

Or go to "detention" or the hospital, your choice. Then you can argue your case in court after you get the stitches removed. I'm not advocating living like sheep, I'm advocating making a direct encounter with them as painless as possible for you.

Well said, my friend. Depending on where you are geographically, what city or state you are in, you can expect different approaches from cops. Big city cops will throw you down faster than you can blink if you even act like you're gonna cause a problem. Smaller town cops are usually more approachable. Notice I said usually.
The best way to handle cops is to do whatever they tell you, especially if you are alone. If you feel your rights are violated then take them to court. We're talking real world here not dummy-tube videos or a perfect world situation. You don't win taking on cops one-on-one with your "rights".
If you have people, and news media coverage, and plenty of cameras to document, and full knowledge of the Constitution and Amendments to the Constitution, you could be more vocal with your rights. Not recommended to take on cops for the sake of it. Most are just trying to do their job....unlike the sensationalist videos day after day. Bad cops should be weeded out, fired, prosecuted.
edit on 16-4-2014 by AreUKiddingMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Only one way to deal with a police officer bent of enforcing his will.

Bend over and lube up! Else you may just get shot, and they shoot to kill buddy!
edit on 16-4-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Donkey_Dean

Only one way to deal with a police officer bent of enforcing his will.

Bend over and lube up! Else you may just get shot, and they shoot to kill buddy!
edit on 16-4-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

I've found that cops don't KNOW the law. All they know is they have the gun and the badge and you're being annoying. Sometimes you don't get a chance to explain your rights before they get violent.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AreUKiddingMe

The best way to handle cops is to do whatever they tell you, especially if you are alone. If you feel your rights are violated then take them to court. We're talking real world here not dummy-tube videos or a perfect world situation. You don't win taking on cops one-on-one with your "rights".
If you have people, and news media coverage, and plenty of cameras to document, and full knowledge of the Constitution and Amendments to the Constitution, you could be more vocal with your rights. Not recommended to take on cops for the sake of it. Most are just trying to do their job....unlike the sensationalist videos day after day. Bad cops should be weeded out, fired, prosecuted.

Thanks, your's was a nice addendum. Let common sense prevail. Any encounter with police is painful. How painful is up to the subject, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

intrptr

I'll say this and rile the "die for your rights" crowd. Today the police are operating on a different set of principles. These videos (and DupeTube is full of them) are nice in principal, but leave little to reflect upon in actual practice.

I know, I lived outdoors and can attest the best thing to do with them is let them have their menial way with you. They'll have it anyway. If they find nothing they got nothing. Let them grab at you, cuff you, rifle your belongings, whatever. Try resisting them and the majority will make your life far more miserable than if you just let them do their job as they see it.

The few that mean harm and will actually plant evidence aren't the rule. The rule is they are going to see your ID, they are going to ask questions, they are going to look through your stuff. Say yes sir, and thank you. Then go on your way.

Or go to "detention" or the hospital, your choice. Then you can argue your case in court after you get the stitches removed. I'm not advocating living like sheep, I'm advocating making a direct encounter with them as painless as possible for you.

i wouldn't word it so strongly as advocating living like sheep...but what you ARE suggesting is that people "go along, to get along"....many people don't play that tune..

if what they're doing isn't correct, or proper, or legal, then you are well within your rights to resist such activities, to the fullest extent that the law allows. relaxing, and not resisting a rape doesn't make it any less of a violation...and it certainly doesn't make it any more pleasant..

simply allowing police to do things they aren't allowed to do only reinforces the notion(in their mind anyway) that they have those specific authorities to do those specific things, when in reality, they don't...

don't reward bad behavior, by allowing them to get away with it.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A friend had a decal made that said "for insurance purposes this vehicle is video recorded from various angles as well as audio recorded" placed this just above the window pane on the driver side. He used to have issues when pulled over, couple times officers have asked where the cameras are, he doesn't tell them. Main reason for no answer..... there are no cameras or audio devices, all be it cell phones in vehicle. But I must say just at the thought that their every action could be watched, I may say, a change in way they conduct themselves for sure.

And pretty funny too....

SaneThinking

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

SaneThinking
A friend had a decal made that said "for insurance purposes this vehicle is video recorded from various angles as well as audio recorded" placed this just above the window pane on the driver side. He used to have issues when pulled over, couple times officers have asked where the cameras are, he doesn't tell them. Main reason for no answer..... there are no cameras or audio devices, all be it cell phones in vehicle. But I must say just at the thought that their every action could be watched, I may say, a change in way they conduct themselves for sure.

And pretty funny too....

SaneThinking

I may Have to do that too. It would be a nice addition to the cards that I give them. It reads " Hello from this point I will be exercising my 5th amendment right of not speaking to you or answering any of your questions. No you may not search my property until you contact my lawyer and he is present the number is ____________."

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What is this never ending bull about 'your rights' when confronted by a police officer? You have the right to do as you are told-to answer the questions put to you.

Just how the confrontation goes is totally up to you-the officer is going to react to your reactions as he/she has been trained.

If you start to try to influence the situation by informing the officer of 'your rights' all that is going to happen is you spend the night in the tank.

If you produce ID when told to and answer questions when told to if you don't pose a threat or have outstanding warrants you will be allowed to go your way. If you approach the situation in a mature, noncombatant way normally you will be allowed to call some one to get your automobile before it is towed-saving yourself $500. Or call someone to begin the bail process. The arresting officer will decided those things based on how you react.

It really is that simple. If you are arrested you have the right to speak with an attorney after you have finished the booking process-and not before- and you have the right to know why you are being arrested.

Every single thing is based on how you react.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

Excellent points. If someone thinks they've been wronged they have a right to a lawyer and their day in court. It's always been that way. When you start talking to officers about your rights all you're really saying is that you think you are the court.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join