It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! Bundy Ranch Double Cross? More Feds, Cops, Vehicles, Equipment Arriving!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You guys seem to be ignoring that his family had a contract with the county since 1800's, which is technically still valid. All he's doing is upholding it, and telling the FEDS to suck it for trying to change it on him once they found out they weren't somehow making money off of it. So yeah, you can call him a moocher, but there IS a principled and ethical foundation behind his stance.

But I'll admit, it's pretty easy to "fight for freedom" when it saves you $1M...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Did the press conference happen? I haven't seen any site report on it, no video, so I am guessing not eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

It's called principles! American's have had enough of the lies of the government. The claiming this is endangered or you can't do that with YOUR land because of some snail darter on it or you can't graze here anymore because of a rare tortoise we are euthanizing two counties over, but over here it's endangered!

Bundy's daughter reportedly called and told a person that her father had rights going back and it's on paper. That they stopped paying any fees when the government quit using said fees to improve the land and when Bundy had to actually use his money to put out fires and improve watering areas. So, this is not just about Bundy refusing to pay, but the government not keeping it's side of the deal! Sounds familiar. "Me think government speak with forked tongue" comes to mind.

I bet the indians wished they had been able to make a stand, but it's too late for them. For many American's it's now or never, and this is as good a place to pledge our honor and sacred freedom in defense of our God given rights.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

jude11

They are going to massacre a lot of farmers, men, women and perhaps children. I believe this is the match that lights the fire in America. It's been coming to this for a long time.

Peace

edit on 14-4-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

WHY are people bringing their children, when it could get dangerous?? PLEASE leave the kids at home where they will be safe. That's all I have to say. Otherwise I support the Bundy family.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by ausername

I bet the indians wished they had been able to make a stand, but it's too late for them. For many American's it's now or never, and this is as good a place to pledge our honor and sacred freedom in defense of our God given rights.

The natives DID make a stand. Look at Wounded Knee II. The military was called in, and why? Because the natives took hold of a church to make a stand against the thuggery taking place by Dickie Wilson there. It's a long but good story to learn from. And when the natives took that stand they KNEW they could get killed and some DID get killed.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

humanityrising
reply to post by jimmyx

You guys seem to be ignoring that his family had a contract with the county since 1800's, which is technically still valid. All he's doing is upholding it, and telling the FEDS to suck it for trying to change it on him once they found out they weren't somehow making money off of it. So yeah, you can call him a moocher, but there IS a principled and ethical foundation behind his stance.

But I'll admit, it's pretty easy to "fight for freedom" when it saves you $1M...

No, his family did not have a contract since the 1800s, the whole thing is because one rich millionaire rancher doesn't recognize the forfeiture of lands too the Federal Government that happened when Nevada joined the Union (in 1864, 150 years ago) and ratified it's constitution. Everything else is complete cow pie, and disinfo, per Cliven Bundy himself, the words of which you can read for yourself per Glenn Beck's interview with Cliven Bundy, or is he "too liberal of a source" interview

Glenn asked him to clarify since in the Nevada State Constitution that land Bundy’s cattle are grazing on was given over to the federal government.
Essentially, Bundy is saying this conflict isn’t inherently about grazing fees or water rights, but that he ultimately does not recognize the lands to be federal and the United States government or the BLM do not have jurisdiction on the land.

“So I think this is very clarifying to people,” Glenn said.

“It’s not BLM land. It’s Nevada land,” Bundy said.

“That is a different point of view than everybody else that is a rancher that I know,” Glenn said.

Based on the conversation on the radio show, Bundy’s fundamental issue isn’t with an out of control government taking control of his personal land, but that he disagrees with how that land became federal land when Nevada was founded in 1864.

You can click the link above to read it in Cliven's own addled words.
edit on 37America/ChicagopmAmerica/Chicago104 by seaez because: added actual date of land deal Bundy contests for emphasis

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

It was the BLM that pulled back they didn't say another Agency could move in.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Hurts to say but you are right, it seems there is no contract with anyone. This article was the most informative/detailed I've found so far:

Activist Post Article

I have been hard-pressed to find anything legally concrete in Bundy's defense. However...

If his family has been ranching cattle there since before Nevada's statehood, or before there were grazing fees, to me this would give him a logical argument in the property rights arena. I don't know whether that is true or not. Also he is a Mormon descendent, and there could be generational bitterness lasting from the rejection of Deseret. There is too much at play for bystanders to assimilate. The Reid situation seems to be a heavy motivation behind why the BLM really cares so much. The tortoise excuse appears to be bs. What it looks like is that over the years different elements have been trying to oust him out of land that his family was using first. Legally there appears to be no justification for his actions, but you could say there is justification based on principles of fairness. We all know there is no such thing as private property, just federal property(paid for by taxpayers, unavailable to the public, %86 of Nevada is federally owned), "public" property(paid for by taxpayers, owned by the government, this is the classification of the land in question), and the rest is rented by citizens, never owned. Whether or not he is right seems to be almost irrelevant at this point, there is something much bigger going on. The American people are fed up and rallying around this issue because after so much blatant corruption this just happens to be the straw that might break the camel's back. I don't know. I just want to the the Gov't put it it's place for once.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My favorite part is how he was out of harms way when it came time to cross that imaginary line. I bet you that half if not more of those "cowboys" were Feds as well and that is why nobody got shot at.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Heavy-handed government tactics really got me to thinking; isn't there any other solution than to put people in harms way?
What about the BLM erecting a fence? So I did some checking.
Barbed wire, $1.48 foot, installed. Woven wire, $1.93 foot, installed. Includes posts.
Two miles of fencing around Bundy's 160 acres.
2 miles=10,560'X $2.00= $13,120.00.
Money spent each year since 1990 on the desert tortoise program: $1,000,000. That's a total of $23,000,000 up til 2013, when funding was cut back for BLM. Add in the $3,000,000 the government has spent in court fighting Bundy, and you have $26,000,000!
A fence would have saved the tax payers $26,086,880, and lives wouldn't be endangered right now.

Do bureaucrats really have the American peoples' best interests in mind?
I'll leave it for you to decide.

edit on 200000077America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weaverre

Your words are the reason Dal Riata's destined to rule. To a great heart, many thanks.
I said it a half century ago, and it stays-- I'm sure the second last thing to go through a
patriot's head all to often is "What the Hell, dead's better than here." See y'on the other

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I guess it's put up or shut up time for those that keep threatening revolution. I doubt it. i doubt most of the gun waivers don't have the stones.

Im afraid it will be another Waco situation. i hope not.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Mountainmeg
Well, of course the BLM didn't give up. They simply took time to regroup. I would think any logical person could predict this action. They *CAN'T* let the people win. If the people, the citizenry here win, well there would be upstarts all over the nation tomorrow. The government's only gambit in this game would be to stomp the resistance and stomp it hard so no one else gets any ideas about standing up for any of our so-called rights.
(Where's the gosh darn flame thrower icon when you need it?)

To win, you would need to be right legally. The Bundy crime syndicate is a bunch of free loaders squatting on public land. They owe you and me over a million dollars.

[SNIP] get upset about food stamp cheats, but support the Bundy crime syndicate.

I hope the Bundy family enjoys federal prison and don't drop the soap.

edit on 4/15/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I guess it's put up or shut up time for those that keep threatening revolution. I doubt it. i doubt most of the gun waivers don't have the stones.
reply to post by HauntWok

You're 100% wrong. They have the 'stones' for revolution. Hopefully, they also have the brains to know that firing on the government will not bode well.
The American people need to unite for change, but it will not be accomplished through violence.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

G0v0D47

kx12x
reply to post by Miniscuzz

The sad part is...noone else even bothered to notice the video wasn't new and this thread progressed for four pages using false information from jump street.

It wasn't actually false info. This is the best information we can get for now and at this point it's just speculation and bits of info which may or may not be accurate, since therels not a lot of coverage. Harry Reid himself said it wasn't over, so take it for what that's worth.

Those vehicles could have been on their way. They could have been for the government hired ranchers out there. They could have been for personnel or their families.
Or they could have been on their way in. They could have been for the arrested protesters. Like I said, it's speculation and small pieces of info. Your speculation isn't any better than anyone else's. Youtube is not the most reliable source, but still worth looking at.

They could have been to make sure that a bunch of red neck retards with Wally World AR-15's didn't start a revolution. typical ATS style...it's either aliens or FEMA camps
It's pretty obvious where your opinion comes from and why you're here.

There is literally nothing new in the last 24 hours besides Reids obtuse statement. The Feds are gone, they aren't coming back. They will handle this with the IRS and courts. Nice and quiet and the public will forget this all happened in a week.
We won't forget anything. I'll be keeping an eye on this as are many others, I would assume.

The governor of Nevada has no power to stop the Federal Authorities under Article 2 section 1, yet people are still yammering on about how he should have stopped it. He can't.
Same goes for the sheriffs and state police. They don't have the authority to go against a Federal Court Order, and yet people are still yammering on about how the sheriff should step in. He can't.
Have a link to back that up?

Looks like a disinformant.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

edit on 15-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: Dbl post

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

nugget1

The American people need to unite for change, but it will not be accomplished through violence.

Nor through elections...

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Double Post. Sorry.
edit on 15-4-2014 by Miniscuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Any video or pics with a verified date stamp yet? Nope? Didn't think so.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

nugget1

Nor through elections...

Sad ... but true.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join