It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Provokes U.S. Military Naval Ship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
However, if they let their Cattle eat some of our grass in Nevada.

There will be hell to pay.
edit on 14-4-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

rangerdanger
Thank you Vasa.
I made it a point a couple years ago not to comment on threads where Fox News is the only source.
I didn't know there were so many Fox fans on the site though.

If this was a serious attempt by Putin, then it's pretty basic. They must not have put very much effort into it.
Remember the Gulf of Tonkin?

Would you comment if the United States Defense Department, otherwise known as the Pentagon, reported it ? Because that is exactly where the story originated.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Makes one wonder how the USA would respond if Russia posted a few warships off the coast of Los Angeles.....

This looks to be a move that the Naval commanders were not even remotely afraid of. Luckily we have some cool heads on that ship. All ifs fair and love and war. Maybe the Russian pilot was just blowing a kiss to the US commander.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

I was around during the Cold War. It was always a tit for tat sort of game that thankfully never escalated. I retired three years ago and the world has changed.

Some see the US as a bully.

And some see Russia as one.

It takes a bully to stand up to a bully.

Then things have a tendency to equalize.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I am one of those that thinks both the USA and Russia are bullies. Ok, it might be that the USA is a bigger bully, these days.
Was that what you meant by the world has changed?
edit on 14/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

What he means is that if it was 1984 then a pair of F-14's would have done a low fly by of the closest Russian naval vessel.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

Here is another source reporting Russian FigJter jet provoking U.S. Naval Ship in the Black Sea.

Story link found here: www.allvoices.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

At least it wasn't a Israeli jet fighter..because we all know how they treat US War Ships !!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

The black sea is right off the shore of Russia. Bad move for the Americans being there to get buzzed I say. Maybe they want to be fired upon so they can blow that ship out of the water.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

You spelled ISRAEL wrong twice...

edit on 14-4-2014 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

An yet another source reporting on the Russian Jet's Provocation of the U.S. Naval Ship.

Story Link found here: tvnz.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

rustyclutch
reply to post by Darkblade71

The black sea is right off the shore of Russia. Bad move for the Americans being there to get buzzed I say. Maybe they want to be fired upon so they can blow that ship out of the water.

It's also off shore of Turkey. A NATO member.

But all that aside, it's in International waters.

link   

Associated Press (AP) Reports on Russian Jet Provoking U.S. Navy Ship in Black Sea.

Story Link found here: www.kusi.com...

link   
Russia a bully? Please. We have 750+ bases all over the world. We have bullied our rise to the top of the global economy with our petrodollar hegemony, and we have been toppling 3rd world governments for the last 20 years. Russia doesn't want NATO encroaching upon its borders and until we renigged on our deal not to expand NATO Russia wasn't doing anything. Georgia? Lol look who the US was supporting..... a tie eating western puppet.

The USA has no balls. If we had any and if we had real leaders we would take out NK..... and we'd tell the UN, IMF, and the rest of the world to eff off. Instead we poke our nose in every corner of the world waving our Monopoly money like a heroin dealer trying to goad some junkies while our own country and economy burns. I don't even know what good things I can say about my country anymore. Sad thing is there is no point in leaving because we've infected and infiltrated every other part of the world and worse people are beginning to just not like us and our cowboy frat brother attitude. Go USA!
edit on 14-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

rickynews

dam00
Im missing something here !
If I stood in my neighbours garden and started shaking a big stick at him, and then he let his dog out in the garden,that would be him being aggressive and provocative would it ? lol

The Black Sea is in International Waters. U.S. Navy has as much right to be there as the Russian Navy.

No the Black sea is not in international waters. Most of it belongs to the nations that surround it namely Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia and Turkey.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

And other countries are binded by the Montreaux Doctrine.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

kloejen

I am one of those that thinks both the USA and Russia are bullies. Ok, it might be that the USA is a bigger bully, these days.
Was that what you meant by the world has changed?
edit on 14/4/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

Back during the Cold War, things always seemed to be at a head. But they never actually materialized into WWIII. Cooler heads always prevailed. It seems to me that it was one big game where rules were not to be broken. Oh, they could be bent, but not broken.

Nowadays, it seems to me that the rules have changed. No one cares about the rules being broken, but rather how far they can be bent.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

buster2010

rickynews

dam00
Im missing something here !
If I stood in my neighbours garden and started shaking a big stick at him, and then he let his dog out in the garden,that would be him being aggressive and provocative would it ? lol

The Black Sea is in International Waters. U.S. Navy has as much right to be there as the Russian Navy.

No the Black sea is not in international waters. Most of it belongs to the nations that surround it namely Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Georgia and Turkey.

Turkey and Romania are NATO members, and have invited U.S. Naval ships into their waters as a deterrent to further Russian aggression.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Yeah that would be the case if there wasnt a bunch of propaganda a few days ago about U.S. sends warship into russian waters

U.S. Sends Antimissile

We can pretend like its not a provocative move directed at Russia but everyone knows it is. Turkey is under no such threat of invasion.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Cooler heads prevailed? Lol yeah really? If it wasn't for political rebels and real leadership shown by JFK America would have been knee deep in war with Russia. We actually had a President with balls and who was a real leader back then.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join