It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Provokes U.S. Military Naval Ship

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rickynews

You think you've 'taken' Afghanistan.....OK mate, I challenge you to walk down a street in Kabul saying that out loud in Pashtun.....Go on, I f**king dare you!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Why do you think I'm usually in these threads talking about how routine these things are, and trying to inject a little reality into the utter BS the media spins when they bother to report it?

It's all a chess game, and it's been going on for fifty years with very little change.

As for how close we are, I've seen Looking Glass launch on the alert mission after receiving a valid launch order. According to the message missiles and bombers were inbound. All because a computer chip fried.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

squarehead666

You think you've 'taken' Afghanistan.....OK mate, I challenge you to walk down a street in Kabul saying that out loud in Pashtun.....Go on, I f**king dare you!

In terms of taking control of the country, it was Russia 10 years and defeat vs. U.S. 10 weeks (or less).

That is simply the fact. I didn't say that I wanted to visit Afghanistan, rather I was making the point of the clear and present U.S. Military superiority.

You being from Austrailia (I suspect), I would hope that you would be supportive of your U.S. Ally and friend, since there are very close ties between our nations.
edit on 15-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I bet you still think that the USA won the Cuban missile crisis don't you ? Be honest

What you might not know is that a deal was reached so that the USSR removed it's dozen or so missiles from Cuba and in return, six months later to save face that the USA had to remove hundreds of missiles that targeted Russia.

Rome too was a global player once and look what happened to them.

Before going on about how the USA can win Russia please remind me again just when did the USA win any war because all I seem to remember is pictures of them running away with their tails between their legs like Iraq, vetnam and afganistan today.

Yes and before I forget you better not make Germany pick sides, I don't like this myself but you might just find them on de other side

"In terms of taking control of the country, it was Russia 10 years and defeat vs. U.S. 10 weeks (or less). "

I don't think Russia was their that long but I think the USA has now spent 12 years and if you count the cost to tax payers then I think you would have to agree that Russia managed to do a bit better than the USA.

Yet another failed attempt to install a puppet has gone wrong, now add Syria and the Ukraine to the list and I have to ask why do you keep fighting with your face, it must hurt.
edit on 15-4-2014 by VirusGuard because: My daddy toe had an itch

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

While the technical aspect of the 1972 treaty was broken, the spirit of it wasn't, and has not been since it was signed. Everyone knows the rules when these things happen, and they all abide by them.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

yeah, I can see that.

probably a good thing I was never in the military,
I'd shoot at the first threat I get coming my way.

Glad there are cooler heads out there.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

VirusGuard

I bet you still think that the USA won the Cuban missile crisis don't you ? Be honest

What you might not know is that a deal was reached so that the USSR removed it's dozen or so missiles from Cuba and in return, six months later to save face that the USA had to remove hundreds of missiles that targeted Russia.

Rome too was a global player once and look what happened to them.

Before going on about how the USA can win Russia please remind me again just when did the USA win any war because all I seem to remember is pictures of them running away with their tails between their legs like Iraq, vetnam and afganistan today.

Yes and before I forget you better not make Germany pick sides, I don't like this myself but you might just find them on de other side

Viet Nam is the only war where a credible argument could be made that the U.S. left without results. As for Germany, there is no question they are not only a U.S. & NATO ally, but they do not trust the Communist Russians, let there be no doubt. Germany's support of the U.S. is a certainty. The notion that Germany will support Russia is a Pure Fantasy.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Shaiker
My support will always go the the US because of the troops our families and friends that serve. That being said the majority of the USA's citizens are isolated and believe everything the government tells them. I have traveled throughout the world and the scary picture the government draws if other countries is clearly propaganda, We have all been conditioned at some point or another to believe that countries that don't follow the same ideologies of democracy are tyrannical waste lands. The governments of both the US and Russia are not looking out for the best interests of its citizens. The pissing contest is ongoing and i fear both Putin and Obama will not sacrifice face in dealing with this situation. I pray that this continues at a snails pace in escalation until we can elect someone with a fair bit more diplomatic tact and stern posture. Its only a matter of time at the rate we are going that not only Russia but others that hate our way of like realize Obama has a really small penis.

No one hates your way of life as long as you keep it for yourself. But you are trying to force your values to the rest of the world. That is where the problem is. If there is an official list of the most hated countries in the world I am quite sure you would be at the very top.
It has nothing to do with jelaousy, I could not care less about US but somehow you care way to much what the rest of world should do. Ukraine is the latest example of your dirty deeds.
And as for your president I doubt he even has a penis.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by NavyDoc

yeah, I can see that.

probably a good thing I was never in the military,
I'd shoot at the first threat I get coming my way.

Glad there are cooler heads out there.

Unlike a popular ATS myth, American military personnel are not bloodthirsty maniacs or Dr. Strangelove caricatures. By and large we are intelligent, calm, dedicated professionals. As Zaphod has clearly pointed out, this sort of thing has been going on with the Soviets and now the Russians (led by a former Soviet) for a generation. It really is nothing new and we've been dealing with this for a long time.

Hell, Soviet subs would come into the Puget sound once in a while.
portland.indymedia.org...

As late as 2000:

After the Southern California deployment, the Oscar II went north to waters near Washington's Puget Sound, home port for U.S. ballistic missile submarines.
U.S. intelligence analysts viewed the unusual submarine deployments as Russia's negative reaction to NATO's bombing campaign in Kosovo. "The Russians were saying 'We're still a power,' " the official said.

I flew on the Oscar that went into Puget Sound in the mid 1990's.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

What you said was you had 'taken' Afghanistan.....What I am saying is that you have about as much 'taken' Afghanistan as you 'took' Vietnam.

The Taliban are still there.....The US is on its way home. Fact.

So the reality of the matter is that a bunch of raggedy men with AKs and RPGs have tied up the worlds mightiest military for a decade. How much do you reckon this 'victory' has cost the US tax payer? How many lives?

To justify your drone attacks, you accuse the Taliban of hiding in the civilian population, mindless of the fact that they are the civilian population.....And they hate you! Not for your 'freedoms' mind you, but because you invaded their country and slaughtered their people.

Your naivety is excusable, but your ignorance is shameful.....Please keep it to yourself.

edit on 15-4-2014 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Zaphod58

Why do you think I'm usually in these threads talking about how routine these things are, and trying to inject a little reality into the utter BS the media spins when they bother to report it?

It's all a chess game, and it's been going on for fifty years with very little change.

As for how close we are, I've seen Looking Glass launch on the alert mission after receiving a valid launch order. According to the message missiles and bombers were inbound. All because a computer chip fried.

I agree with you in that the geopolitical chess game being played has been going on for 50+ years. However, if we see a increase in these types of provocations, there will be a military response by the U.S. Make no mistake about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

cosmonova

Shaiker
My support will always go the the US because of the troops our families and friends that serve. That being said the majority of the USA's citizens are isolated and believe everything the government tells them. I have traveled throughout the world and the scary picture the government draws if other countries is clearly propaganda, We have all been conditioned at some point or another to believe that countries that don't follow the same ideologies of democracy are tyrannical waste lands. The governments of both the US and Russia are not looking out for the best interests of its citizens. The pissing contest is ongoing and i fear both Putin and Obama will not sacrifice face in dealing with this situation. I pray that this continues at a snails pace in escalation until we can elect someone with a fair bit more diplomatic tact and stern posture. Its only a matter of time at the rate we are going that not only Russia but others that hate our way of like realize Obama has a really small penis.

No one hates your way of life as long as you keep it for yourself. But you are trying to force your values to the rest of the world. That is where the problem is. If there is an official list of the most hated countries in the world I am quite sure you would be at the very top.
It has nothing to do with jelaousy, I could not care less about US but somehow you care way to much what the rest of world should do. Ukraine is the latest example of your dirty deeds.

Yes, our President does not have a penis. As for the rest of the world, they hate us but still beg for money and help, so what are you going to do? I'd rather us get out of being the world police, cut off international aid to ungrateful and hostile peoples, and not lift a finger the next time some disaster strikes somewhere. It would save us a lot of money. But, guess what, the first time we don't rush in to help starving, earthquake, tsunami, or volcano victims, we'll be hated and called selfish. We can't win with that sort of mentality.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Not really. The pace of these operations hasn't changed, just the pace of them reporting on them.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

cosmonova

Shaiker

Excuse me, but it is Russia invading a soveign nation, and imposing their way of life upon Ukraine. Lets get our facts straight.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

At which point there will be a military response from the Russians and.....Whoops Apocalypse!

Pack it in Team America.....We don't want your world police. Yankee go home! etc. etc.

FFS - Don't you realise that your nation has been quietly turned into a fascist state? Your corporations are bleeding your people dry and they have already built the death-camps....But you are more worried about what Russia is doing in the Ukraine!

Get a grip!

If the US military really wants to defend the world, I'd recommend a full scale offensive on Wall Street.....While we're at it, sending the SAS into the City of Westminster couldn't hurt either.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

rickynews

cosmonova

Shaiker

Excuse me, but it is Russia invading a soveign nation, and imposing their way of life upon Ukraine. Lets get our facts straight.

Iraq, Afghanistan at all?

Hypocrite!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

rickynews
Viet Nam is the only war where a credible argument could be made that the U.S. left without results. As for Germany, there is no question they are not only a U.S. & NATO ally, but they do not trust the communist Russians. Germany's support of the U.S. is a certainty. The notion that Germany will support Russia is a complete fantasy.

So would you book a holiday in Iraq, Libya or in the sudan ?

Please tell me what you won because the USA so far has spent just under $1tr in Afganistan and I would like my cut out of the booty.

Tell me rickynews have you ever visited Germany let alone live and worked there because I have and they were getting along quite well with Russia, too well before this kicked off.

Before Russia kicked some German arse from 1943 onwards they had a little NATO gang too and both invaded Poland on the same day in 1939 I think it was so are you sure this is just a little "fantasy" of mine or do you think German industry will be a little upset if gas is cut off by Russia and the USA comes over offering to sell gas at three times the going rate.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The only military action that will take place is if someone screws up.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

NavyDoc

cosmonova

Shaiker

Yes, our President does not have a penis. As for the rest of the world, they hate us but still beg for money and help, so what are you going to do? I'd rather us get out of being the world police, cut off international aid to ungrateful and hostile peoples, and not lift a finger the next time some disaster strikes somewhere. It would save us a lot of money. But, guess what, the first time we don't rush in to help starving, earthquake, tsunami, or volcano victims, we'll be hated and called selfish. We can't win with that sort of mentality.

You bring more damage than good to this world. Fact.
It would be a great thing if you close your door and clean up your own mess, bankers, debt, violence, instead of playing Captain Murica all around the world. But hey we both now it is not possible as you do not own your country anymore, for a long time now.
Once upon a time it was something like this 'the land of free, the land of brave' and now we have 'the land of brainwashed zombies
ruled by corporate fascists'.

edit on 15-4-2014 by cosmonova because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I genuinely sympathise with your position NavyDoc.....But the problem is that you imagine going back to an isolationism that did not ever really exist. Read some of Smedley Butler's work.....The US was still the biggest bully on the block, even when it wasn't.

Smedley Butler - War Is A Racket (.pdf)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join