It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird black ring appears in the sky over England

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

woogleuk
reply to post by kloejen

Actually there are quite a lot of volcanoes in the UK....especially up here in the lake district (Cumbria), in fact, Scafell is a super volcano like Yellowstone in the USA...

Ok, granted, they are all extinct now....still cool to think about though.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the enlightenment

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Over England? It does kind of look like smoke...

Reign of Fire anyone?!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Thanks for the video. It sure looks awesome

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There are various suggestions such as insects, smoke rings etc though this article is interesting.

cassiopaea.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
An explanation of the physics and lots more photographic examples can be found here: www.caelestia.be...

It's definitely smoke, not insects... and I've lost count of the number of times 'experts' and the media have been 'stumped' or 'baffled' by this phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

SummerLightning
It's definitely smoke, not insects... and I've lost count of the number of times 'experts' and the media have been 'stumped' or 'baffled' by this phenomenon.

Seeing as I have seen this phenomena about half a dozen times does that not qualify my opinion as an good eyewitness?

I used to pass a very large water treatment plant next to the river thames just west of London every day, sometimes stuck in traffic bumper to bumper. Occasionaly, the rings could be seen hovering above the trees especially in hot weather and I would observe them for ages. I've also seen them at other locations, usually near water treatment (sewage) facilities.

Swarming, dispersing, gathering, moving location.

If you know it's "definately smoke" and NOT insects then please explain what I saw so many times that needed no consideration on my part beyond a few seconds that looked exactly as what's in the O.P.

Go on.....deny my ignorance with facts please.
edit on 14/4/2014 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You get them from failed electrical transformers, as well.

Maybe it's a guy with a really big pipe blowing smoke rings.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They have been a phenomena for some time. These are not clouds.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

nerbot
If you know it's "definately smoke" and NOT insects then please explain what I saw so many times that needed no consideration on my part beyond a few seconds that looked exactly as what's in the O.P.

Go on.....deny my ignorance with facts please.
The one mentioned in the OP definitely looks like smoke as do all 25+ examples posted at the caelestia.be link above.

Now, could you have seen something that's not smoke? Possibly, but if it's up to anybody to document it, then it seems like you might be the best candidate since you've seen it on a recurring basis. Barring such evidence there is a preponderance of evidence of many vortex rings made of smoke,or in some cases it could be a form of condensation, similar to the composition of fog but in a ring shape. I've never seen one made of insects but if you can demonstrate that then it will be the first insect ring I've seen.

edit on 14-4-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by kloejen

one has to wonder - who were the " stumped officials " ?

I strongly suspect that there are no "stumped officials" at all and in fact, no-one bothered to even ask/report it to any "officials" but merely said so to try add mystery to the otherwise quite bloody obvious video.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Looks like a water droplet on a window to me. I am no UFO expert but i think its not one but wish it was one.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Blown transformers. There are examples all over the interwebz.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It may not have a paranormal explanation, but that is definitely what we in the industry call, "magic smoke". It's transformer smoke.
edit on 15-4-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Transformer blowing up.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

violet
Transformer blowing up.

Yeah -- but was it an Autobot or a Decepticon?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

violet
Transformer blowing up.

Yeah -- but was it an Autobot or a Decepticon?

Pufferfishbot of the autobots

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
We have had the occurrence of the black ring too. Take a look.

Black Ring, Richmond VA 2009

Kings Dominion says that the ring is a result of smoke coming up off of its roller coaster Volcano: The Blast Coaster.

source

Black Ring, Fort Belvoir, VA 1957

The Condon Report (p.168) devoted 11 pages to this case. One morning in September, 1957 an Arm private at Fort Belvoir, Va. was called from his barracks by his buddies to witness what appeared to be a black, ring-shaped UFO approaching. The private grabbed his Brownie camera and snapped 6 pictures of it, of which this was the first. After about 5 minutes, the black ring, which appeared "solid" to the soldier and glided steadily along, began to be "engulfed in white smoke."

source

leolady

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
the ring in the OP definitely has a smoky look to it, irregular and wispy at the edge...
those in the videos supplied by dev1l79 and leolady, however, look rather more interesting.
neither of us are atmospheric scientists, but we are impressed by how well the Kings Dominion ring holds it's shape despite the seeming presence of some wind
and that one from the 50's that cloaks itself in cloud is just baffling
we are ~interested~

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It was from a firework test, as confirmed by a statement from Warwick Castle.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So much for stumping experts - no one (meaning the press) actually bothered to ask anyone, as per usual, and just jumped to ridiculous conclusions!

edit on 15-4-2014 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well this aftermath from fireworks is all over the web today. I have seen it on at least 3 other sites as well as ATS..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join