It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima basements mistakenly flooded with 200 tons of radioactive water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The gift that keeps on giving. Sadly...

Reported on rt.com today:

link

A pump at Japan’s battered Fukushima power plant has mistakenly flooded its basements with highly contaminated cooling-tank water. But the latest mishap follows a far more worrying discovery about one last year’s leak.

most worrisome of all about this story:

The scary part about this particular brand of tainted water has to do with its function to cool nuclear fuel rods in storage tanks. This catapults the amount of becquerels per liter of cesium into the tens of millions. The water had leaked before going through a purification process designed to reduce these levels.

I wonder what poor fool will be left cleaning that up. If ever there was an example of what NOT to do, the "cleanup" and lack of foresight that is Fukushima is just that. How long has it been now since the event? Has it gotten any better, at all?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

They probably round up more homeless people to do the clean up.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

nighthawk1954

They probably round up more homeless people to do the clean up.

All from New York!
Bloomberg decided that starving the homeless by arresting the helpful wasn't enough. He is enrolling them in the new Fukashima retirement plan. Helps the homeless retire from life 20 years earlier.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I always assumed that for the most part Japanese people were pretty intelligent people. Of course everyone has their idiots but overall I always assumed Japanese people to be smart. I know they produce lots of good scientists. Its almost like they got Wile E. Coyote doin the cleanup over there. I personally think they shoulda just started burying the place a long time ago. Bury it, encase it in cement and pray for the best. That has to be better sending in homeless people to die for no reason. Not like Fukushima has gotten any better in the YEARS its been going on. They think a person has chemical weapons they send in the army and occupy the country they are in. A country leaks radioactive waste for 4 or 5 years thats ending up on our western coast and our government sits in silence. Hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
We can expect the same "response" from TEPCO, Japanese Government:
1. Under-report what happened...waiting three years to report to IENC.
2. Pump it all into the Pacific Ocean ASAP.
3. Send Obama campaign HQ $10M for new "hush money".
4. Continue exporting seaweed, fish to USA sushi bars.

What the Japanese people think apparently is labeled "traitor"...and will continue.

Demands for Internationally intervention have and should go into action:
1. Boycotts
2. Legal prosecution in International Criminal Court (The Hague)...crimes against humanity, sea life.
3. Freeze assets in USA and other countries.
4. Short trade Yen, Bank stocks.
5. Sink Japanese whaling ships...a la Sea Shepard (GreenPeace).

Zero consequences have resulted to date.
Let's start applying HEAT.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

I agree but if the United States acknowledged the full scope of whats been going on and a full investigation was carried out they would be guilty of gross neglect themselves. The courts will say " Surely the most powerful nation on earth with all its advanced science performed tests and did their due diligence", so the fact that we are being fed that fish and not being told about the true dangers posed over there would make the united states guilty of neglect or treason. Everytime North Korea makes a move or fires off a rocket we get a newsflash but japan leaks radioactive waste into the ocean for years and NOTHING. Remember all the radioactive garbage and stuff that washed up on the west coast a few months after it first happened? No court proceedings will be held because people at he highest levels of all the governments at risk are complicit in covering it up. Theyre gonna blame the thyroid problems and cancers that people get on anything they can imagine for a while.
We dont need court action we need scientific action. The smartest people in the world need to come together and figure it out and stop theorizing nonsense about dark matter and blackholes. We got some real life tangible things to apply their conceptual physics to. Ideally thats how any logical group of people would handle it. Surprisingly thats not how the world works. Fish from the pacific is shipped all over the world yet no one seems to care if its tainted or not. People that call themselves geniuses and doctors and scientists arent coming foward with the risks or any solution. THAT is the problem. The courts will do nothing but drag a case out indefinitely for years without any of the concerns I mentioned ever being addressed.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Has this place been completely shut down yet?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Fukushima basements mistakenly flooded with 200 tons of radioactive water

Of course.

edit on 14-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
The gift that keeps on giving. Sadly...

Reported on rt.com today:

link

A pump at Japan’s battered Fukushima power plant has mistakenly flooded its basements with highly contaminated cooling-tank water. But the latest mishap follows a far more worrying discovery about one last year’s leak.

When I read your quote I had to visit the article because I couldn't believe RT would print something like that... But they did.

They actually are reporting that a "pump .. has mistakenly flooded its basements". Are we to believe this is the first artificial intelligence from a pump? For some reason in the back of my mind there is human involvement here, but they blame a pump instead?? How does a pump make a mistake without a human operator or automated technology to turn it on and off?

I've seen flooded basements in buildings after a typhoon, but that is because either the pump is broken, there is too much water, or a human configured it incorrectly.

It seems like the article is a whitewash over what really happened, and the blame is pinned to a "mistaken pump". It's terrible that this happened, but par for the course of the TEPCO track record

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There will never be any good news from Fukushima, not ever. We've all heard the saying 'no news is good news'? Well in this case the opposite is true.

If there were any progress in stabilising Fukushima it would be all over the media in a New York second. This disaster should be all over the media anyway, just as all other disasters are. Except this one should be getting constant media attention, given that it is 'on-going' and unprecedented, and not done its worst yet.

I don't know what to say, except that all the mass-media silence doesn't make me feel easy because I don't think there is one journalist in the entire world that wouldn't break their neck to cover a story like this.

We'll never know the true extent of deterioration at Fukushima. Nobody's talking. It's extremely suspicious.

top topics

join