It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Video] Bundy town hall meeting, "this is a lot bigger than Cliven Bundy".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

You want to know the real reason why this is happening? Free grass? Tortoise? Nah, check out Dirty Harry Reid and what his plan was that they are now trying to cover up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by govmule

Put up with TDLR ahh whatever his name is..(sorry man) He found something seriously interesting...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Its not about the cows or Bundy as much as its about how the US government is controlling the rural life in Nevada.(and other states in the west)

That is where Bundy got all the support.

Its the Sagebrush Rebellion part 2
en.wikipedia.org...
www.arch.ksu.edu...

Its about the government in Washington dictating away the rights and jobs of local people and states rights.
Its about government agencies like the BLM and forest service being run not by the government but by environmental left and not by the people that live in these states.

Its about the loss of state taxes from the land after the government runs off the users that once paid taxes but after there ranches, mines or farms were put out of business by the federal government.

Its about the feds closing large areas of land for bogus reasons like the spotted owl.
Its about the bogus endangered species act use as there splitting the spotted owl into the Northern spotted owl, the Central spotted owl and the Southern spotted owl just so they could claim they were endangered. It takes using DNA to tell them apart as they all look alike.

What do you get when you breed a northern spotted owl with a southern spotted owl.==== more spotted owls
edit on 14-4-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This documents the Ried connection well, which seems to be legit. But why the lies though? If they had stated we been here since 1945 etc etc, and laid oiut the facts, I would have still been on their side. It makes me very suspicious, caught in a few lies, what else are you lieing about, ya know?
edit on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:26:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My question is, why try to cover it up by removing official BLM statements on their own site!! I smell a rat.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I read an article a couple of days ago regarding water rights in Nevada but didn't have the energy to keep up with a thread
I think this is a plausible, if not more so, than the solar farm. But combine the two and your really have motive. This is just info we can access. There is likely more to this story than even the Bundy family knows.

In fact, the reality of the dispute goes far underneath what is being talked about. The more appropriate source of the dispute is ground water as well as surface water – this is a war over water.

Currently, water rights in Nevada run anywhere from $7,000 to $50,000 per acre-foot (depending on the time of year and the amount of rainfall or snowfall in the western region). The water in Nevada is then auctioned, as it has been for at least twenty-five years. That same water can be resold in Las Vegas, Arizona, or Southern California.

Bunkerville in Nevada is ensconced between the Virgin River and the main road, Riverside Road. The Virgin River is a tributary to Lake Mead. The river, along with other sources, discharges into Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States. Both the Virgin River and Lake Mead are part of the Colorado River Basin. In fact, Lake Mead is considered the largest surface water collection for the Colorado River. Whoever controls the water controls the vast wealth that is distributed to a network of states at a crucial time during a water shortage.

American Thinker

and this

UPDATE: Those who say Bundy is a “deadbeat” are making inaccurate claims. Bundy has in fact paid fees to Clark County, Nevada in an arrangement pre-dating the BLM. The BLM arrived much later, changed the details of the setup without consulting with Bundy — or any other rancher — and then began systematically driving out cattle and ranchers. Bundy refused to pay BLM, especially after they demanded he reduce his heard’s head count down to a level that would not sustain his ranch. Bundy OWNS the water and forage rights to this land. He paid for these rights. He built fences, established water ways, and constructed roads with his own money, with the approval of Nevada and BLM. When BLM started using his fees to run him off the land and harassing him, he ceased paying. So should BLM reimburse him for managing the land and for the confiscation of his water and forage rights? Read more at allenwestrepublic.com...

link

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am disappointed that the Bundy cult used women as human shields.

I was also shocked to learn that Bundy is a polygamist who had 14 wifes and multiple children

This reminds me of David Koresh who loved to have sex with children.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I was waiting for this guy to come out wit this video to see what he had to say..

I also noticed he stated the same thing I did.. Why did everyone go here, why not at the protests where people were being beat by the police, why this? What is this incident so special..

What makes this guy so great that people wanted to die for him... See what I am getting at.. This isn't the 1st time this has happened.. Where were these guys at ruby ridge, and Waco? This thing really makes no sense..

I also seen this here on ATS..

Ripped from
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I only added this video because I still think Ben Swann is straight..
edit on 4/14/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Android616

Proof?

I was also shocked to learn that Bundy is a polygamist who had 14 wifes and multiple children

Irrelevant and stupid to bring up

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The below seems to be an important to take into consideration as well.

southern nevada water authorty

While the Colorado River is governed by a series of agreements and legal decisions known as “The Law of the River,” Nevada’s groundwater and surface water are managed and governed by the State of Nevada.

and the last paragraph

Nevada water law follows the doctrine of prior appropriation, or "first in time, first in right," meaning the first person to file on a water resource for beneficial use is typically considered first for a permanent right to the water, subject to the State Engineer's determination of available unappropriated water.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

liveandlearn

In fact, the reality of the dispute goes far underneath what is being talked about. The more appropriate source of the dispute is ground water as well as surface water – this is a war over water.

Currently, water rights in Nevada run anywhere from $7,000 to $50,000 per acre-foot (depending on the time of year and the amount of rainfall or snowfall in the western region). The water in Nevada is then auctioned, as it has been for at least twenty-five years. That same water can be resold in Las Vegas, Arizona, or Southern California.

Bunkerville in Nevada is ensconced between the Virgin River and the main road, Riverside Road. The Virgin River is a tributary to Lake Mead. The river, along with other sources, discharges into Lake Mead, the largest reservoir in the United States. Both the Virgin River and Lake Mead are part of the Colorado River Basin. In fact, Lake Mead is considered the largest surface water collection for the Colorado River. Whoever controls the water controls the vast wealth that is distributed to a network of states at a crucial time during a water shortage.

You are right to a point. the surface water rights are bound by a agreement known as the Colorado River Compact.
en.wikipedia.org...
Nevada is maxed out for its use for Las Vegas.

Ground water does not come under the Colorado River Compact.

Las Vegas could line both sides of the Virgin River with wells and pump all the GROUND water they can afford.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Android616

Since you just joined ATS today, and made such ludicrous insinuations, should I then assume you work for the BLM, DARPA, or Dirty Harry? Your attempt at disinformation and misdirection is known as trolling, but, I am sure you know that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thank you for the explanation.

I intended to add that this seemed too simple and there are usually many addendum's and exceptions so would like further explanation.

Ground or surface...all can be changed with enough influence and the stroke of a pen.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

govmule

Android616

Since you just joined ATS today, and made such ludicrous insinuations, should I then assume you work for the BLM, DARPA, or Dirty Harry? Your attempt at disinformation and misdirection is known as trolling, but, I am sure you know that.

Exactly and Very telling.
Yup, turn the people's support away, effectively like Koresh, effectively like RRidge, then proceed with action. After all no one will feel bad for the anti American scumbags.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I would like to think that had we had the amount of alternative media that we do now, back then, there would have been no Ruby Ridge Massacre or Waco Massacre. I don't know though. Alternate media needs to be really careful, they are starting to become the very thing they popped up to fight. Parrotting stuff as facts without verifying, was one of the biggest gripes we have had with the MSM, they cannot be doing that.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Did you watch that storm gathering video?

That guy made the point to RESEARCH.. We all should be doing that.. Not making completely false claims(alex Jones, natural News) or half ass claims(Glenn beck, blaze and so on) And start reporting straight facts...

I tell you what.. I am half ass tempted to put a site up with straight facts on it on everything.. Get about 50 people together and just straight research all this crap and just put it out there.. I did that with 9/11 we did a non biased view on 9/11 when we made a article we left what we felt out of it...

I think that needs to what happen now.. A site with straight facts and easy to view everything..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yeah it was a great presentation he did, I joined his site. I like the way he took you through his thought process on how he was going about checking the facts.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

That is the only reason I posted here. The author requested facts. Though I posted fact, I hoped they would be tested by better researchers than myself. Go for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Resolving something with violence is always temporary and therefore is a waste of time. Not paying taxes/fees for 20 years and this guy thinks he's free and clear? And others are willing to give all in an impromptu tax revolt?

Doesn't it make more sense to pay?

I guess that 1776 thing that happened was clearly a waste of time. We should have just paid the crown for protecting our colonies ... Yes, that would have been a better option.

On track, I thought he did try to pay but they wouldn't accept payment?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

Thought.. he did or he didnt.. Easy answer..

I think this story is bothering me... No straight facts... Hmm who would have thunk..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join