It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who flirt on internet randomly are ugly animals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

FlyersFan

candlestick
What if I say"I think your comment sucks.”?

Go ahead. It's the internet. Negative comments are expected.
And if I can't handle someone saying that, then I shouldn't be on the internet.

FlyersFan is right if you don't like the experience of the internet then don't use it, or at least don't use it for anyform of social media that will trigger emotional reactions. Maturity of mind starts with the owner of the mind. That extends to watching news on internet as well, if you find watching it puts you on a downer then don't watch it, or alternatively try reading news papers instead for news that will give you much more selective control on what you decide to read.
edit on 15-4-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
as one ugly animal i resemble those remarks.

-- e.e. aleister marx

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I guess I am an ugly animal by your vague definition (Makes monkey noises and grunts.)
If you're talking about people trying to solicit sexual favors online, then I would completely agree with you.
But, people jesting, bantering and yes even flirting with other members on internet forums are 99 times out of 100 just being playful and affectionate because they like the other persons intellect and humor. You can rest assure, no one is trying to "hook up" on ATS. lol

edit on 15-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

FlyersFan

candlestick
What if I say"I think your comment sucks.”?

Go ahead. It's the internet. Negative comments are expected.
And if I can't handle someone saying that, then I shouldn't be on the internet.

FlyersFan is right if you don't like the experience of the internet then don't use it, or at least don't use it for anyform of social media that will trigger emotional reactions. Maturity of mind starts with the owner of the mind. That extends to watching news on internet as well, if you find watching it puts you on a downer then don't watch it, or alternatively try reading news papers instead for news that will give you much more selective control on what you decide to read.
edit on 15-4-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

I guess the subliminal message of media isn't a new conspiracy.

DenyFlatulence
I guess I am an ugly animal by your vague definition (Makes monkey noises and grunts.)
If you're talking about people trying to solicit sexual favors online, then I would completely agree with you.
But, people jesting, bantering and yes even flirting with other members on internet forums are 99 times out of 100 just being playful and affectionate because they like the other persons intellect and humor. You can rest assure, no one is trying to "hook up" on ATS. lol

edit on 15-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

“You can rest assure, no one is trying to "hook up" on ATS. lol"
Who knows?You can't control people try to do that ,and there's many people.
The definition must including "people trying to solicit sexual favors online".
You got a one thing right :I am asexual ,and flirting isn't such popular in this country.But I am not Japanese.
For the asexual thing ,it's quite complicated..."I always want to see how much love in there "oh ,and in here also.

luciddream
Seems like this Poster is going after the players instead of the ball(T&C applies in any forums).

Anyway, if i dont see you in the future.

Good bye~ desu.

Mods partial to old members isn't a new T&C in any forums of capitalism.They read more ads.
Too big to fail ...Is it a new conspiracy ?

edit on 15-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by candlestick

You got a one thing right :I am asexual

What's it like to be asexual?
This is a serious question. I can't even imagine because I'm quite the opposite.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I get the Yahoo Messenger lures from time to time, and they're by no means "flirting". Depending on the screen name, I recognize them as 1 of 2 things: outright dating/sex site advertising, or malware site luring. Anyone who mistakes them for anything else is quite dense, IMO. Similarly, you can see the same trend on websites and on social sites. Obvious advertising accounts and lure accounts are obvious. Period. Friendly people are easy enough to figure out, and cybersexers as well. Both typically will leave you alone when asked, it's not difficult to request and very few are persistent despite being asked to buzz off.

Here's an idea that could benefit you. Do any of the sites your "problem" conversations occur on happen to have an ignore or blocking feature? USE IT. Or make yourself invisible/not contactable. I'm no longer on Facebook, but when I was, I had my account locked down, no one not on my friends list could IM or PM me. I'm not sure if my email account is searchable, but when I get the infrequent advertising lure email, malware lure email, or rare random horndog email, I block it. It's a very simple action to do. I've received a few sexts over the years from people who mistyped a number. Big deal, I block their number so I don't have to look at future sexts to the wrong person.

I admit, I skimmed your posts, so if you already do this, I apologize. However, if you don't already block/ignore people online, I suggest you start. It's more proactive than complaining on a message board about it.
edit on 4/15/2014 by Nyiah because: Clarification on one little thing

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I wonder.

I must be a very lonely and unkind life to have judged so many, with so little information.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I wonder, am I the only one that thinks of Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time when reading the OP's comments and looks at his/her avatar?

"What the fluff guys? DON'T FLIRT WITH ME!"
edit on 15-4-2014 by chelsdh because: humor

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

candlestick

They are pathetic,they have no one to love and want to fXXk someone ,but they have no enough money to buy a whore.I guess they usually with a ugly face.Therefore,they use internet to piss off people to revenge anyone who don't love themselves.They think "I flirt you ,you feel it's disgusting/annoying ?I don't care,you don't like me is your fault ."So most of them would try to insult and criticize the flirt target after flirting fail.Give people worthless sweet nothing like a idiot ,when it fail turn to be a BSing schizophrenic.Their self confidence like burning combustible waste.Cheeky and shameless.

I know someone who uses Craigs list for this exact purpose - BUT - I also know many folks who flirt because they want a relationship and meeting folks over the net can be at first easier than meeting folks in real life foe some. I myself ( over 14 years ago when the net was way newer) had relationships with no less than 3 lovely ladies i met online. They were from Texas, New Mexico and New York. We wou;ld travel back and forth to see each other. The gal in new york I actually lived with for almost a year before it fell apart. The systems I used to meet them back then were text based chat systems on university servers before the graphical web or WWW as we know it existed.

Er.. i don't meet ladies on the net anymore.. my wife wont let me LOL ( kidding.. I met Her after i stopped flirting on the net)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

DenyFlatulence

What's it like to be asexual?
This is a serious question. I can't even imagine because I'm quite the opposite.

Unlike most people ,I just don't interested really about sexual topics ,just like you think it's very interesting ,but I don't think so.(It's the difference of the degree)If keeping to mention that kind of topics to me ,I would feel annoying .Therefore ,the sexual content brainwashing in MSM to me is very obvious.
I said :"I always want to see how much love in there ".Is ask something like ,
"Would you love me if I don't want have sex with you?"(I am not sure I would enjoy that or I just dislike it sometimes,never have sex with someone)
^I think that is a good question for effectively measure how much love there is.
Not just this kind of question,there's many kinds of love ,including the love without romance .On the first post ,I think I didn't rant to any specific person.But just notice how many people just bite/criticize me ,and how many people provide methods for block those annoying ads ,and how many people ask for more information ,to detect how much love in here.
(I admit I am a person without too much love ,thus I ranted back to some people.)

I have to make it clear that the word "randomly"on the topic is including "flirt to a person you don't sure him/her would accept ",even in a friendship ,many flirts could piss off people,although it most happen on internet ads and stranger flirting.

tothetenthpower
I wonder.

I must be a very lonely and unkind life to have judged so many, with so little information.

~Tenth

Probably.

Nyiah
I admit, I skimmed your posts, so if you already do this, I apologize. However, if you don't already block/ignore people online, I suggest you start. It's more proactive than complaining on a message board about it.
edit on 4/15/2014 by Nyiah because: Clarification on one little thing

Blocked them a lot,they always have their ways to show up.

edit on 16-4-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the response.
I don't find sex topics or discussions all that interesting. Funny? Yes. But I find humor in everything in life, even the bad stuff. I do find people's different perspectives on life in general very interesting.
You posting a thread on ATS, calling people ugly animals who happen to flirt with others was to me; sounding very naive about relationships and human interaction.You have a different perspective/life experience than my own, which I find hard to relate to and I think the point you are trying to make might be slightly lost in translation.
It's safe to say that most people will misinterpret lust for love at least once in their lives. Lust can cloud your heart and make you think you are in love with someone when you're not; I'm talking from experience here. It can be a very cruel and hurtful lesson to learn while pursuing a potential relationship.
If you're happy in life candlestick, than that's all that matters. But please don't post negative assumptions about other people trying to find/pursue happiness or love in their life via flirtation. It's mostly innocent.

edit on 16-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix

I know someone who uses Craigs list for this exact purpose - BUT - I also know many folks who flirt because they want a relationship and meeting folks over the net can be at first easier than meeting folks in real life foe some. I myself ( over 14 years ago when the net was way newer) had relationships with no less than 3 lovely ladies i met online. They were from Texas, New Mexico and New York. We wou;ld travel back and forth to see each other. The gal in new york I actually lived with for almost a year before it fell apart. The systems I used to meet them back then were text based chat systems on university servers before the graphical web or WWW as we know it existed.

Er.. i don't meet ladies on the net anymore.. my wife wont let me LOL ( kidding.. I met Her after i stopped flirting on the net)

I know ,I see it as a kind of annoying advertising,the ads of the person.
There's different potential flirting result:
1,the girl accept it ,then you got a girlfriend,you accomplish your goal
2,the girl accept it,but don't want to be your girlfriend,then you got a awkward friend,waste the time of both
3,the girl accept it,see you as a take advantage target
4,the girl don't accept it,you ruined your friendship
5,the girl don't accept it,and many people who saw your behavior think you are a player

1 is your goal ,and 2/3/4/5 would lead to some degree of harassment,like ads .Ads don't care most of people like them or not,they just want to reach the goal.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I know ,I see it as a kind of annoying advertising,the ads of the person. There's different potential flirting result: 1,the girl accept it ,then you got a girlfriend,you accomplish your goal 2,the girl accept it,but don't want to be your girlfriend,then you got a awkward friend,waste the time of both 3,the girl accept it,see you as a take advantage target 4,the girl don't accept it,you ruined your friendship 5,the girl don't accept it,and many people who saw your behavior think you are a player 1 is your goal ,and 2/3/4/5 would lead to some degree of harassment,like ads .Ads don't care most of people like then or not,they just want to reach the goal.
reply to post by DenyFlatulence

Ok. I'm tapping out on this thread. You're absolutely right about everything you have said within in it.
Off to go flirt with random internet Ads! Peace.

edit on 16-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Candle, I want to understand, I really do. I really do think that a lot of the confusion people are having comes from a cultural barrier and lifestyle differences. You mention flirting isn't big where you are from. If you don't want to tell us where you are from, as you seem to have avoided the question, mind telling us a little about the sexual attitudes from where you are from. Is Asexuality common or accepted where you are from? What is the general attitude on sex where you are from. Is it an open loving society or a stand offish society?

Yes, I can see where the the random strangers from yahoo and such can be annoying, actually I will agree with you on that one, but my experience is that in many places on the, ATS for example if it does happen, they will back off right away if politely told that it is unwanted. If they don't that is harassment and there are mods for that sort of thing.

However, if I was from a place were flirting was uncommon or even forbidden, I might feel far more uncomfortable than I would as a woman who was born and raised in the U.S. Even then there are times I have felt uncomfortable, though usually it is the method of flirting, not the fact that the person is flirting that made me uncomfortable.
edit on 16-4-2014 by calstorm because: One day I will learn to proofread what I wrote BEFORE I hit post.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

calstorm
Candle, I want to understand, I really do. I really do think that a lot of the confusion people are having comes from a cultural barrier and lifestyle differences. You mention flirting isn't big where you are from. If you don't want to tell us where you are from, as you seem to have avoided the question, mind telling us a little about the sexual attitudes from where you are from. Is Asexuality common or accepted where you are from? What is the general attitude on sex where you are from. Is it an open loving society or a stand offish society?

Yes, I can see where the the random strangers from yahoo and such can be annoying, actually I will agree with you on that one, but my experience is that in many places on the, ATS for example if it does happen, they will back off right away if politely told that it is unwanted. If they don't that is harassment and there are mods for that sort of thing.

However, if I was from a place were flirting was uncommon or even forbidden, I might feel far more uncomfortable than I would as a woman who was born and raised in the U.S. Even then there are times I have felt uncomfortable, though usually it is the method of flirting, not the fact that the person is flirting that made me uncomfortable.
edit on 16-4-2014 by calstorm because: One day I will learn to proofread what I wrote BEFORE I hit post.

Okay,I am from China,which is a very standoffish society.But I think it's personal lifestyle differences.
And I am not talking about this kind of flirting is common on ATS......but as you say "ATS for example if it does happen",it maybe happen in low chance.
I think I have to correct(?) you a bit about open loving society,I don't think there is a open loving society on this planet,but there's open sexual society.You can do a bit test to distinguish it:
www.dailymail.co.uk... ght-616.html

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

candlestick
Okay,I am from China,which is a very standoffish society.But I think it's personal lifestyle differences.
And I am not talking about this kind of flirting is common on ATS......but as you say "ATS for example if it does happen",it maybe happen in low chance.

O.o That explains a little, but not your whole point of view. My stepmother and one of my mom's friends are from China (Shanghai and Shenzhen, respectively) Are you from a more remote area, or more sparsely populated one? Or a practitioner of a socially reserved religion? Your attitude in general is absolutely nothing like theirs is, they're both very socially outgoing people, and incredibly open with physical affection with others, My mom had to have a polite chat with her friend about excessive hugging, and her friend profusely apologized, stating it was an accepted action in China to show polite affection. Both women are married, and neither seem to be bothered by any kind of polite conversation with strangers, even if it borders on or is outright flirtation. They find the flirtations amusing in a comical manner, my stepmother once told me the westerners were the most amusing out of everyone, because they were simply funny in their attempts.

Is their perspective due to different regions? There are places in the US that have different social expectations, and I'd imagine China does too.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Nyiah

they're both very socially outgoing people, and incredibly open with physical affection with others, My mom had to have a polite chat with her friend about excessive hugging, and her friend profusely apologized, stating it was an accepted action in China to show polite affection. Both women are married, and neither seem to be bothered by any kind of polite conversation with strangers, even if it borders on or is outright flirtation. They find the flirtations amusing in a comical manner, my stepmother once told me the westerners were the most amusing out of everyone, because they were simply funny in their attempts.

It doesn't such common in China ...Many people change if they live in another society.But I think it's no related with me , I just want to be who I am ,I don't care the social expectations.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

This is turning out to be a very good thread, and my apologies for my mocking tone in that one post (when I pretended to invite you over for coffee). Thank you for opening up this interesting discussion.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Aleister

This is turning out to be a very good thread, and my apologies for my mocking tone in that one post (when I pretended to invite you over for coffee). Thank you for opening up this interesting discussion.

Really?Are you sincere?

Why it turning out to be a very good thread?What is your point ?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Unbelievably entertaining thread, OP.

The experience is happening between your ears, me thinks.

Somehow there are others to blame.
Shift the blame = modify the outcome.

Funny or wut

edit on 16-4-2014 by menneni because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join