It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Bush? Bush voters show yourselves!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It seems that the question of abortion is when and if the unborn child is actually alive. I'm not sure if this question will ever be answered since it requires definition upon definition and philosophical questions, which won't get answered to everyone's satisfaction.

But Atheyst, in response to your sig (which is the only reason I replied to this thread
), here's a quote:

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
It seems that the question of abortion is when and if the unborn child is actually alive. I'm not sure if this question will ever be answered since it requires definition upon definition and philosophical questions, which won't get answered to everyone's satisfaction.

But Atheyst, in response to your sig (which is the only reason I replied to this thread
), here's a quote:

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Well, firstly, science has proved that it's a human life at conception (not before--I don't buy into the every-sperm-is-sacred crap).

Secondly...I think we're headed for tyranny--we're on the fast track. I just saw that quote on a bumper sticker one time and it stuck with me. I think I ought to add something else to my siggy.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the backup cuz,

I got on here, because I enjoy DISCUSSING politics...

I am a conservative, so if that makes me a liberal tamer than I guess I am, but I thought the point of this was to go on and talk about things one both agrees and disagrees with. I dont know what the ratio of libs and conservatives is on this site, all I know is if something interests me or peaks my emotions, I want to respond to that. I dont think anyone comes on this site to be part of a "gang" that goes around bashing others and intimidating them. While many people disagree I have seen many of these disagreements end with people putting forth a variety of views. Either one side is convinced or they are not. That is the best you can hope for in politics...to get others to hear what you have to say, digest it, and then either accept it or couter what you have to say.

Just gotta say, no matter how many time I disagree with y'all, I still respect everything you say because its rare that you find people actually taking a stance rather than sitting on the side-lines and complaining.

Sorry if that got a little sappy, but just wanted everyone to know I am not here to bully or fight-to-fight...

Let the games begin....

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
The militaristic "frosty" wrote.

"Democrats love to raise taxes and give that money to wellfare moms rather than NASA and our military."

Haha, I'd rather see it spent on helping people rather than the creation of new weapons used for the sole purpose of political gain. Yes, help fund NASA too but keep the military out of it.

The problem is the money paid to these programs never properly make it there. This is the real problem and this is why taxes rise. If you misplace funds your probably going to jack up the costs.

Helping people? How are we helping people by giving money to mother that pops children out like she pops pills so that she can get a higher residual income...which comes from her wellfare check. Not all NASA and military projects are soley designated to the creation of weapons. Even while we design weapons, we learn more about the nature of physics, chemistry, and our world, and can incorporate what we learn from this into applicable devices for the "everyday world". So, yes, I am for the advancement of society and technology. I believe our tax dollars are welll spent on these initiatives. The wellfare receipient gives almost nothing back to society. The requirements for wellfare receiption need to be on a higher standard. When was the last time a Republican raised your taxes and when was the last time a Democrat raised your taxes?
Just my opinion, I'd rather see my hard earned dollar go to technological advancements which may someday benefit me rather than some lazy bum who sticks to the government charity as a means to live (though not all wellfare receipients are laxy bums, just most of them).

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
SourGrapes - I hear you. However, that's the same for any kind of philosophy or belief - some people will blindly follow what they see as virtue, without questioning or digging deeper. I know some people who are for the death penalty but can't explain why; I also know people who are against it but can't explain why.

I don't think that exercising intellectual laziness is a trait only liberals have.

I hear ya! I'm just reminding the board that the majority of us agree 100% on certain issues. So, to use general assumptions as if they belong to one party or one person is complete idiocy.

We are all here to learn (er, are we?). Well, I'm here to learn. As I said in my 'introduction', I could change my mind at any minute. However, when someone uses such broad views, I don't learn a damn thing. Argh!! In fact, it does nothing but turn me off to anything further the poster may contribute. Isn't that awful? I wish I weren't that way, but aren't we all?

So, let's please try to stay on topic and have more intellectual debates vs the same 'hee haw' I've seen in reference to politics on this board. I've seen the 'intellegence', otherwise I would never have registered. Come on people! Use some imagination and stop the ostracism.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Did 51% of American's vote for Bush? Or was it just 51% of those who bothered to vote? So what would that make it really? 21% of American's voted for Bush?

Lazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join