It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bundy Boondoggle - Nevada standoff: Yes, it’s solar-industry cronies (but NOT the Chinese)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

If you're using a source to back up why believe something about a situation it is because you believe that source is accurate. Your subsequent posts are ridiculously filled with misinformation, it's clear you have not the tiniest bit of knowledge on any of the legalities involved in the Bundy situation.

Ultimately even if all your links are correct, even if Xuenchens claims are true... it does NOT matter. The government can repurpose it's land any time it wants, for whatever reason it wants. There are ways to go about fighting it, but the government almost always wins and the way Bundy is trying to go about it is not only incorrect, it's stupid.

Other ranchers have stopped the government from repurposing land by proving in court the harm that would be done to their livelihoods should the government win. Bundy didn't do this. He stomped his feet on the ground like a petulant, spoiled child when the BLM told him his animal units would have to drop to 150 and he would have to stop his cattle from going outside the grazing area which he negligently allowed to happen continuously. He allowed them on people's private property, archaeological sights etc... he decided to just stop paying the permit fees (which is where he lost all claim to use of the land) and then repeatedly refused to pay fines for violating court orders and continuing to let his cattle graze on land he had no permission to use.

Do you know what happens to people who don't pay fines? Can you keep driving your car with unpaid tickets? Nope, someone comes and tows your car to an impound lot. That's exactly what the BLM was trying to do, impound the trespassing cattle.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I am just curious why on earth anyone would post something that has nothing to do with the Bundy ranch ???

If you didn't realize, the area spoken about in your PDF is not near Bundy's ranch or his cattle and literally has nothing to do with the Bundy situation at all...

So why post it?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is always curious to see those who stand up for; and also excuse
lawless Tyranny, rather than stand with their fellow man who is actually in the right.

The saga is not finished; More to come.

See...all of those people there at the Bunkerville
Battle that were legal carry and not one shot
was fired. Guess this also proves Guns do not
kill people, but criminals do.

Thankfully no bloodshed as the right to bear arms won out
even in spite of the BLM provocation.
edit on 16-4-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

burntheships
lawless Tyranny, rather than stand with their fellow man who is actually in the right.

Because he's not.

Maybe there is no good guy in this story.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

daskakik

burntheships

Because he's not.

Maybe there is no good guy in this story.

Be prepared to eat crow.
The Good Guy has already been identified.

However, Bad Guys have fans too.
They just usually dont like to admit they are on the Bad Guys side.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yeah, well I'm calling both parties bad so I don't see any crow on my plate.

edit on 16-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

burntheships

The saga is not finished; More to come.

See...all of those people there at the Bunkerville
Battle that were legal carry and not one shot
was fired. Guess this also proves Guns do not
kill people, but criminals do.

Thankfully no bloodshed as the right to bear arms won out
even in spite of the BLM provocation.

Let's all show up armed to defend the tribal lands being stolen from Natives and other landowners for the KXL.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Kali74

Let's all show up armed to defend the tribal lands being stolen from Natives and other landowners for the KXL.

LOL. They dont steal land from Natives anymore, they have Dirty Harry to work it, putting up
Solar Plants inside the Reservation...what is worse it is to power the LADWP!

Yeah, talk about dirty!

March 21, 2014

Moapa Paiute Tribe, LADWP and First Solar Break Ground on 250MW Solar Project

US Sen. Harry Reid Joins in Ceremony Kicking Off Landmark Power Plant on Tribal Land

Today, U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (NV) joined representatives from the Moapa Band of Paiutes, executives from First Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq: FSLR) and the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP), as well as other community, government and energy industry leaders to celebrate the start of construction of the 250 Megawatt (MW)AC Moapa Southern Paiute Solar Project. The project is located on the Moapa River Indian Reservation just north of Las Vegas, and has a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the LADWP to deliver clean, solar energy for 25 years to the City of Los Angeles.

investor.firstsolar.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Your disconnect is jaw dropping sometimes. The tribe wanted the solar installation. They don't want the KXL. It's their land, they get to decide or don't they? Let's get our guns (I'll go buy one and learn to use it if militias and anti-government 'patriots' promise to stand by me) and go protect all the tribal lands the government is trying to grab for the KXL.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I dont own a gun, go ahead.

ETA: Even if I did, I would not condone the things you suggest.

Its all aboult rights in the Bundy case. Maybe the Indians have
rights, maybe they dont. I have not looked into that.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why won't you join me though? We'd be fighting tyranny.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

burntheships
reply to post by Kali74

I dont own a gun, go ahead.

ETA: Even if I did, I would not condone the things you suggest.

Its all aboult rights in the Bundy case. Maybe the Indians have
rights, maybe they dont. I have not looked into that.

You're kidding me, right?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

lol... this is so entertaining...

and no, apparently they are not kidding.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Kali74

lol... this is so entertaining...

Yes, this part is very entertaining.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

yes it really is... it says everything anyone needs to know about Bundy supporters.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well at least Bundy got some genuine support that got results.

And he got most of the cattle back.

First time for everything.

#occupy-BLMnevada
#occupy-GoldButte

edit on Apr-16-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He's most likely going to lose his ranch through liens from failure to pay fines. I don't know how anyone can call that a win. And if the feds have to show up again to enforce seizing his property... it's not going to be BLM and park rangers.
edit on 4/16/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Has anyone found any court orders or liens for real "money" ?

This is confusing.

The timing and age of the old court orders is suspicious.

[ oops, wasn't responding directly to you Kali...wrong button ]

edit on Apr-16-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by Kali74

Has anyone found any court orders or liens for real "money" ?

BLM knows they have a problem...they have admitted it.

Hmmm where did I see that now....

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
So....the BLM has known all along they have a problem!

And it fits here, as this sure adds to the fodder, a huge boondoggle.

Another great find from Ben Swann! Looks like the BLM is in the wrong,
and that is why they have not taken Cliven to court!

Exclusive: Does Cliven Bundy Have Something Called “Prescriptive Rights”, Why The BLM May Be Afraid To Go To Court

Montana cattle rancher Todd Devlin says the BLM is now considering new ways of dealing with the Cliven Bundy situation. Devlin, is not just Montana cattle rancher but is also a County Commissioner in Prairie County Montana and he has worked with the Department of Interior, having taught workshops for the agency in the past. Monday, Devlin reached out to his contacts in the Department of the Interior to find out why the Bureau of Land Management has refused to work with Bundy rather than simply attempting to run over him.

Among the questions Devlin asked of the BLM, “Is it possible that this guy (Cliven Bundy) has prescriptive rights?” The response from top officials at the BLM, “We are worried that he might and he might use that defense.”

So what exactly are prescriptive rights? Prescriptive right to property is an easement that gives some one the right to use land owned by someone else for a particular purpose. An example is using a path through Party A’s land to get to your land, a prescriptive easement is allowed which gives the user the right to get to his land through A’s property.

In most states, if a trespass or use of land occurs regularly for at least 5 years without the “owner” of the land taking legal action, prescriptive rights come into play. Because Bundy stopped paying his grazing fees to the BLM in 1993 but continued to use the land for over 20 years, it is possible he now has prescriptive rights to the land. That might explain why the BLM has not taken this issue to court and never bothered to file a lien against the cattle.

benswann.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join