It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bundy Boondoggle - Nevada standoff: Yes, it’s solar-industry cronies (but NOT the Chinese)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am unable to embed this video so if someone could please do that, It's relevant!

Harvey Whitmore Ilegal contributions to Harry Reid

Thanks so much,
Pax
edit on 4/14/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

daskakik
reply to post by xuenchen

I was going off of the document in the OP and it refers to the Project in Clark County. I mistook it to be the northern site, Dry Lake North.

Neither is near the Bundy ranch and I'm not buying "close enough".

edit on 14-4-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Member LDragonFire put this map up on a different thread...

The "Bundy Bunch" gang of cattle was/is on the Gold Butte Federal land cited for mitigation in the BLM report on the Dry Lake project.

The Ranch is where the map points to "Bunkerville" (that's a town).

The *proposed site* for the actual solar panels is on the map as "Dry Lake SEZ"

Here's more about the "Dry Lake" - "Gold Butte" connections...

The document states, in part, "Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle."

Sources...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Why link to an article talking about a chinese company when the thread says it isn't the chinese? Right off the bat you know they have their info wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

daskakik

Why link to an article talking about a chinese company when the thread says it isn't the chinese? Right off the bat you know they have their info wrong.

The quoted paragraph is the pertinent statement and is correct confirmed again by the official BLM mitigation report published last month.

We already know the Chinese company project in Laughlin is cancelled and has nothing to do with the Bundy-Cow-BLM debacle (yet).

The connection now is the crony buddies at the known company involved "First Solar".

We need to move on to that, which is the theme of the topic now.

It's the campaign money that is possibly driving the Bundy Boondoggle.

edit on Apr-14-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

xuenchen

daskakik

The quoted paragraph is the pertinent statement and is correct confirmed again by the official BLM mitigation report published last month.

We already know the Chinese company project in Laughlin is cancelled and has nothing to do with the Bundy-Cow-BLM debacle.

The connection now is the crony buddies at the known company involved "First Solar".

Flag and star, by the way X. Consider the possibility there are a lot of precious metals in the area: and the fracking equipment goes in after the cattle go out-- to quirt the silver and platinum out of the area and turn Lake Mead into a duck pond full of stinkin' tar. Everybody wins, and SoCal's main source of water from the east burns out of tap.
Just sayin' Agenda 21 isn't all it's fracked up to be...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

derfreebie

xuenchen

daskakik

We already know the Chinese company project in Laughlin is cancelled and has nothing to do with the Bundy-Cow-BLM debacle.

Flag and star, by the way X. Consider the possibility there are a lot of precious metals in the area: and the fracking equipment goes in after the cattle go out-- to quirt the silver and platinum out of the area and turn Lake Mead into a duck pond full of stinkin' tar. Everybody wins, and SoCal's main source of water from the east burns out of tap.

Absolutely !!!

All very possible motives

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

xuenchen

derfreebie

xuenchen

daskakik

Absolutely !!!

All very possible motives

And worst of all, I have a lot of feathers ruffling on my butt from the other thread claiming the BLM is getting a lot of reinforcements AFTER they supposedly pulled out... I'm almost considering pulling the short straw from the sarge manually for fire watch, because I'd rather go quick. I said it elsewhere-- this stinks like guncotton.

EDIT:: addenda, notice also the population density of the area, and parts of southern Nevada already quite compromised radiologically. I'm up and over in Illinois: and still feel a little too close to the vitals under my ava.
edit on 14-4-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by paxnatus

IMO they "backed off" because this is an election year.

The Democrats are (obviously) very nervous this time.

With a long list of failures and extremely unpopular policies, they need to be careful.

LOL, As oppose to the last election? Congress nor the bosses (Oligopoly lobbyist) are worried about this. Just like other scandals,fake wars and the bailout debacle , nobody at that level goes to jail or gets fired for Alien probing THE PUBLIC.

The American public is force fed Hollywood stories, sports, tv, and gossip and they eat it up. Besides us in ATS the majority of American citizens can't critically think for themselves , care more about tabloids and sports than policy changes. Than you got the hard core party loyalist that solely blames the other side for corruption.

Sorry but politicians and lobbyist ARE above the law majority of the time , since they create the laws. History is also on their side.

Nothing will come of this. Not because its the Democrats, Obama, or any political party reason, but because the American public has bigger priorities than seeking the truth in politics like sports and tabloids.

As long as the majority of American can post in their facebook how awesome their God is , sports titbits, motivational quotes, or how wrong or corrupt THE OTHER party is , nothing will change. Reality sucks .

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Move on to what? The area designated for the solar plant is the same. It doesn't matter what company ends up using it and it isn't in the Gold Butte ACEC.

The connection made in the BLM report is that restrictions will be eased in certain areas but they have to be increased in the Gold Butte ACEC, so Bundy won't be gatting a free pass anymore.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

daskakik

Move on to what? The area designated for the solar plant is the same. It doesn't matter what company ends up using it and it isn't in the Gold Butte ACEC.

The connection made in the BLM report is that restrictions will be eased in certain areas but they have to be increased in the Gold Butte ACEC, so Bundy won't be gatting a free pass anymore.

Strange too is the timing of the entire thing.

We have the Bundy/BLM grazing fees situation apparently semi-stagnant for 19 years or so.

We have a lingering court case from May 2012 against Bundy brought on by the Government.

We have the BLM starting meetings and workshops (that stress stakeholder involvements) in early 2013 relating to the Dry Lake Zone solar projects. The BLM preliminaries started in 2012 as well probably triggering the initial court action by the government.

A draft of the mitigation was issued in June 2013.

Then we get a decision on that court case in July 2013 (after the BLM drafted solutions for the cattle problem).

Then the BLM solidifies the mitigation and finally publishes a report in March 2014.

Then a few weeks after that report gets published, we see the actions happen.

Why did they "wait" till now to "enforce" the court order?

Very coincidental.

All while the "stakeholders", investors, and contractors are making arrangements to get included in the financial sides of the project.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I don't understand why you think it's strange. They let him slide for almost 20 years because there were no other plans in the works.

Now there are plans so he no longer gets a free pass. I have not seen anything brought up that shows he is entitled to the use of that land.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

daskakik

I don't understand why you think it's strange. They let him slide for almost 20 years because there were no other plans in the works.

Now there are plans so he no longer gets a free pass. I have not seen anything brought up that shows he is entitled to the use of that land.

Yes, the 20 year span is suspicious.

They didn't seem to be all that "concerned" about the fees (or the turtles) *until* the BLM started their solar interests that involve contractors and bigger money and bigger political issues.

Yes, the "free pass" was never "free pass".

They are enforcing the court order now because the timing is right and they have people with vested interests involved now.

First Solar is not the only company involved. There's a few others.

The Federal Register cites First Solar only because they are the most recent entry.

Older entries might show the other interested companies. There is a list of current energy projects....

The new "Dry Lake" isn't "ongoing" yet. it's in infancy.

Renewable Energy Projects on BLM-Administrated Land within Southern Nevada

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

xuenchen

They didn't seem to be all that "concerned" about the fees (or the turtles) *until* the BLM started their solar interests that involve contractors and bigger money and bigger political issues.

It isn't suspicious at all and not acting for that period of time is a "free pass".

Yes, now there there is bigger money and there are bigger political issues. I don't see your point or why that would be surprising?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

daskakik

xuenchen

It isn't suspicious at all and not acting for that period of time is a "free pass".

Yes, now there there is bigger money and there are bigger political issues. I don't see your point or why that would be surprising?

The conspiracies are clear.

re-read the link story.

Nevada standoff: Yes, it’s solar-industry cronies (but NOT the Chinese)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

daskakik

Mr. Bundy sent a check to the state of Nevada in full and attempted to pay his fees covering the 20 years but the state rejected to take his money and he refused to pay the feds after they were not keeping up the land and their part of the deal!

Mr. Bundy also went on to make improvements and the state of Nevada profited from his upkeep. This was all paid out of his own pocket! You need to stop and give this guy some credit instead of making him the bad guy! Why are you so anxious to defend the dirty DC cronies?

Your post is absolutely ludicrous, if you actually believe the govt. got this P.O'D over one mans cows! I guess you believe this is all about saving some turtles? LOL!

Are you saying that Bundy had no right to use the land? The links showing otherwise are abundant in these 4+ threads! The connection of Reid, Obama, the BLM, Valarie Jarrett plus other Senators all are connected!! There has been hard core evidence video and reports posted throughout these threads, now I say YOU prove there is no connection between dirty Harry, family the BLM and this "Land Grab"...Other people have taken the time to do some research to support their claims please do the same! I am interested to see what you find out!

Another name that no less wants his piece of the pie is none other than Billy Clinton himself! I will link that connection soon, as well! For all we know this kind of action spans several more states and possibly more countries!

Have a nice day,
Pax

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It's clear, but I'm not sure Bundy has a legal or even a righteous claim.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- Senate majority leader Harry Reid hasn't been very vocal about the cattle battle showdown in recent days, but says "it's not over."

www.mynews4.com...

This is rich!

"Well, it's not over. We can't have an American people that violate the law and then just walk away from it.

That is what 'dirty' Harry has made a lifetime commitment of doing as his 'brethren' in DC.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That is ironic, coming from Reid. I suppose he should get "credit" for being
so devious he makes sure his cronies take the fall for him, while he enriches himself
with his buddies.

Maybe it is legal, but it is sure not respectable!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I'm not defending anyone.

I have not seen anything that shows Bundy has any special right to use that land.

What's wrong with them refusing his back payment?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

daskakik

It's clear, but I'm not sure Bundy has a legal or even a righteous claim.

Well the actual action taken by the Feds was to clear the land of cattle, not "collect" any past money.

Because THAT is what was recommended in the official BLM mitigation report last month.

They rounded up 300 or 400 cattle, put them in holding pens, and then after the media attention, they let 'em go.

Then Bundy's people herded them back home off Federal land apparently.

Where those cattle are right this minute is a better question.

Did they go back to the Federal land?

Are they staying on the Bundy Ranch property?

I'm waiting for a White House announcement any second now....

Obama will issue a new Executive Orduh that mandates the cows go through a training class to be able to read new signs that say "Stay off Federal Lands".

And I think Bundy might be petitioning that the "Federal" land was once owned by his ancestors and given to the County or State or the Feds years ago in exchange for no grazing fees.

That issue needs to be settled somehow.

We can't confirm if the "Federal" land in question was actually "Federal" land after Nevada became a State in 1864.

Bundy's family may have bought or homesteaded that land in the late 1800's.

We know it was all Federal land from 1848 or something before Statehood.

Bundy needs a legal fund to go to court.

edit on Apr-14-2014 by xuenchen because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join