It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you Win a Religious Argument?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Just tell any religious person the following. "If I wanted to make a human being hopelessly dependent, I would make them exactly as they are" and watch their face, if they say how do you mean? "We have a gastro-intestinal tract, we have no natural instincts for our current environment, the last thing they will do is teach critical thinking at school." And end with this "Even animals have the sense to defend themselves, why don't we all do that? Because we are engineered dependent."

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Like it our not we are all influenced in our society by Judeo Christian values.

Dunno about that. Seems to me that Judeo Christian values are just really trumped up reboots of the Golden Rule. "Don't be an asshole, man."

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Except for the first four. Which could arguably have been better spent clarifying the blurry gray lines we have so much trouble with concerning our relationships with each other.
edit on 16-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Dunno about that. Seems to me that Judeo Christian values are just really trumped up reboots of the Golden Rule. "Don't be an asshole, man."

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

Except for the first four. Which could arguably have been better spent clarifying the blurry gray lines we have so much trouble with concerning our relationships with each other.

Well if we truly understood love, there would be no need for rules, because love conquers all.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Choice of words is everything, especially in an environment where that is the only thing a person has to interpret a person's intent and meaning. By using the word pointless, you suggest (to me at least) that partaking in the debate at all is a waste of time and these discussions should be avoided.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

Well if we truly understood love, there would be no need for rules, because love conquers all.

No. Death conquers all. There is one force that cannot be beaten, and that is time...and with time, comes change, aka death. The loss of one identity to make room for another. This is not to say that "zomg evil wins run for the hills". This means that change is an essential and very necessary facet of existence. Does it mean we lose things? Yes. But for the flower to grow, the seed must be destroyed. An entire community of microbial organisms are consumed and obliterated in the process of cultivating that beautiful rose. And because we're not aware of it, we have no problem growing roses. Or expediting their deaths in order to express our appreciation for our loved ones.

It's life.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

No. Death conquers all. There is one force that cannot be beaten, and that is time...and with time, comes change, aka death. The loss of one identity to make room for another.

That's a matter of opinion, if you are talking reincarnation.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

No. Death conquers all. There is one force that cannot be beaten, and that is time...and with time, comes change, aka death. The loss of one identity to make room for another.

Reincarnation does not change the fact that death took place. If you go back and view my edit, you will see I explain the concept of reincarnation, recycling, renewal and revolution. Death is merely the loss of identity, but it is such an important stage in the process of renewal. It will not be what it was before, but nothing is meant to last forever. Not even the universe.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

Reincarnation does not change the fact that death took place. If you go back and view my edit, you will see I explain the concept of reincarnation, recycling, renewal and revolution. Death is merely the loss of identity, but it is such an important stage in the process of renewal. It will not be what it was before, but nothing is meant to last forever. Not even the universe.

It is all so similar though, the concept of reincarnation and resurrection can been seen similarly.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... Dude, we are the empirical experiment, not wussy theoretical stuff but full on, frontiers of existence, road warrior #. No soul in their right mind would reincarnate into such a weak position, we are naked and alone, you know forsaken. So with that in mind we are the top 0.666% elite class who took on this new paradigm of weakness, unknowing and dependence since the rest of the souls were scared #less. We are the hardy pioneers in life forms, think about it.
edit on 16-4-2014 by Emeraldous because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Golden rule huh?

hmmmm

It is all so similar though, the concept of reincarnation and resurrection can been seen similarly.

I don't think so. Reincarnation is creating a new form using the old materials. Resurrection is defying the act of dying in itself. One is natural, the other unnatural. You might as well walk up to a jaywalker and shoot them in the head. It's so unnecessary and crude as to be a crime in itself. Reincarnation is the process of due justice as administered by the laws of physics. All matter will be recycled exactly as the natural forces of the universe dictate. Impartial, unthinking, incessant justice.

Of course we'd love to think it's as easy as never having died at all. But the machine works the way it does for a reason. You can't break one law of logic just because it suits you. And there IS a logic to the way things break down and reform. The universe takes care of its own. It uses everything. But I guess some people would rather use the universe instead of being used by it, even though we have the universe to thank for existing at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

By using the word pointless, you suggest (to me at least) that partaking in the debate at all is a waste of time and these discussions should be avoided.

These discussions can't be avoided -- they've been going on for millenia and I'm sure will into the far future.

I've never suggested people on ATS or anywhere can't or shouldn't.

Just that trying to "win" an argument that can't be "won" is not going to go anywhere. (again IMO)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've always found the following question works for me:

So, what is the ultimate purpose or reason behind God's plan?

Typically, the answer I get is, "He works in mysterious ways." or "It's not for humans to understand."

OK.
Got it.
Then, I will define it for myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

jrflipjr
I've always found the following question works for me:

So, what is the ultimate purpose or reason behind God's plan?

Typically, the answer I get is, "He works in mysterious ways." or "It's not for humans to understand."

OK.
Got it.
Then, I will define it for myself.

Usually when I get an answer like that, I take it to mean they don't have a goddamn clue and they make it up as they go along.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I have to admit I don't understand , I know so very little.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
I have to admit I don't understand , I know so very little.

I'm not sure if you're being coy here, but that's not what I'm saying at all. Death is as necessary an element of the existential process as life. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm to dull to be coy, no I am saying it is a great mystery to me, life, existence.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

darkbake
How do you Win a Religious Argument?

Okay when I read the title I was thinking "You don't. Why would that question even occur to you?"

And then I read your post.

You kind of nailed it actually...

Sad really.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hear me, because this is the truth.

First let me say that despite how our views oppose each other.
I think it's awesome how often we've agreed. And because of those
agreements, I'm not reluctant to speak my mind to you. I agree that
the above is truth only in part. Because to tell the whole truth of the
matter. You would come to terms with the fact that in the end, there
is only going to be one truth. The one truth that all will come to know.
Just as there is only one truth at the end of this horse race.

The truth at the end of that race is known by all and will live forever.
Because that's what truth does.
edit on Rpm41614v39201400000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Absolutely, one day everything will be revealed, and we will all be shocked, or not. Lol

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by randyvs

Absolutely, one day everything will be revealed, and we will all be shocked, or not. Lol

Yes, some more than others. But indeed all. So the only winners will have taken the time to find
and have the ability to know, what that truth is.
edit on Rpm41614v012014u06 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join