It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medieval Church Conspiracy To Hide A Secret Truth About Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I saw that show too. What it said was that images of God were based on the Greek god Zeus. Not Christ. Zeus has flowing white hair. Jesus is always portrayed as a man in his thirties with a youthful though care worn face with dark hair or dark blond but not white.
Anyway... It was an interesting show.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Just ignore the art history lesson being offered here and go with the conspiracy theory. I'm actually learning something here and I have some tabs open for further info based on what I'm reading on this thread. That's an open mind. The one that can accept new ideas and the oldest ideas.
As representatives of pagan God's bearing witness. Remember the idea of multiple gods was not a strange idea to people then it was really a matter of who's God was stronger. People accepted that these other gods existed. Even the commandments say I am th Lord thy God thou shall not have other gods before me. See right there other gods. These pagan God's were there to bear witness to a holy event. Or at least represented as such by the artists of the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

Did you ever stop and think that maybe instead of getting caught up in this speculative alien business, the Church was hiding something much more corporeal? That they were secretly pagan?

The symbols of Sol and Mani as personified gods are ancient, and probably came to Rome from Persia. Wouldnt doubt they were spread with Mithraism, worship of the personified sun god Mithras who wore a rayed sun crown. Remember that even throughout the Christian era, painters often depicted Greek/Roman deities and ideas. Residual paganism.

Incidentally, Constantine himself, the man responsible for the fact that you even KNOW about Christianity today, made giant statues of himself as the Sun God, AFTER his supposed conversion. Wearing the same sun crown.

This is a small depiction of the rayed sun crown

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Somebody correct me if I am wrong. But didn't Moses go to the top of a mountain and God came down and took him into heaven?? Sure sounds a lot like this....

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

IMO Constantine only converted for political reasons. He never "actually" converted. He wanted more power and a new cult to secure it.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Yes, I just saw a documentary by the (biased) archaeologist Simka Jacobvici which claimed just that, and the evidence provided was very strong. The Romans never gave a # about religion, which is why they allowed conquered peoples to worship, so long as they paid their taxes and saluted the emperor.

Years ago when I was on ATS an old member and I used to discuss how the Roman Empire never died and how religions were used as a proxy for power, and the leaders of religions were all in on it together, playing people against each other. We thought that a one-god-cult had to be created, because cults were popping up all over room and people refusing to pay taxes, and Rome was losing control from the inside.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Akragon

Well again, theres no connection to Jesus... These paintings were painted over a thousand years after his death

Awesome, now we're getting somewhere. So you can prove there's no connection to Jesus?

To be fair the while Bible was written by man after the time Jesus was supposedly around (you know this, right?). So if you think like that the Bible really had nothing to do with Jesus either, which is logical...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rustyclutch

Surely the book of Enoch spoke of extra terrestrials as well

No.

The book of Enoch talks about a class of angels called The Watchers and their offspring, the Nephilim. If you want to interpret them as aliens you have to take them out of their actual religious/mythological context and insert modern concepts of aliens (which simply didn't exist back then).

This is one of the main problems with ancient astronaut "theory", it rends away the actual meaning of myths, and, in this case, artwork, to insert aliens.

If you read a little history and dont just stare at pictures you will find out that there have always been "others" amongst us according to legends.

I've read a little history and studied some mythology, I have yet to see anything, in artwork or mythology, that suggests extraterrestrials visited this planet in the distant past. Yes it is possible to stretch one's imagination, to insert aliens as an explanation, especially for those of us who are not historians and thus are not familiar with the real explanations or the cultural details but possible doesn't make it plausible that that's what we're really looking at or what really happened.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

djz3ro

Akragon

Well again, theres no connection to Jesus... These paintings were painted over a thousand years after his death

Awesome, now we're getting somewhere. So you can prove there's no connection to Jesus?

To be fair the while Bible was written by man after the time Jesus was supposedly around (you know this, right?). So if you think like that the Bible really had nothing to do with Jesus either, which is logical...

Well theres quite a big difference between written words from a few hundred years after his death... and paintings from a thousand years later...

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
if you keep in mind that the God ,Watchers, Angels, El lyon, Elohim Etc

ARE all Aliens in my Belief

Not from this Earth Period in all Holy Book's of Religion and Mythology

Where from a another World Plane or Dimension.

All from the Sky Heavens Mountain Clouds The Most High.

Love this Clip ,, from the Film Chariots of the Gods kinda explains it.

The Cargo Cults
of the South Pacific
www.sjsu.edu...

Reminds me of!

well this '

Sumerian/Assyrian/

3d Model of the Object in the Yugoslavian painting

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Interesting Thread. I like it! S+F for You.
In these paintings, I feel a relationship of Jesus to Aliens. Why would anyone paint what they have NOT seen? And if there is NO relationship of Jesus to Aliens, why include Alien Craft in a painting of Christ?
Upon seeing a couple of these paintings years ago, I thought even then the artist was showing a relationship with Aliens to Jesus. ALso if ya think about it, being an Advanced Alien, Jesus would have, or may have had, the knowledge/ability to manipulate matter, and turn water into wine, etc......
Good Work here! Thanx for the Share. Syx.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hi. First off, I'm not trying to jump your ass about what I'm about to write.I just want to try to make a point, of my opinion. I'm with Bilk22 on that I see a connection to Jesus to Aliens. Like stated, why paint what was NOT there? I mentioned in my Post to the OP at bottom of Page 4 here the same thing. If there were alien craft at the time of Jesus with NO connection of the 2, then WHY paint the Craft in a painting of Jesus. There must have been a connection, otherwise the painting would not make sense. Plus if Aliens/Craft were not seen before, do You really think the artists would have been able to just make them up?
Even Sci-Fi writers of today, I believe usually had some point of reference to an object or idea, from which they were/are able to perceive an object /idea of the future. IE: Like taking a standard Pistol, then turning it into a laser firing weapon...... Syx.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well he could easily have been partially alien. He could have been created through artificial insemnation and this is how Mary stayed a virgin, but at that time it seemed like a miracle. You just have to replace the word angel in the Bible with extraterrestrial and it all makes sense. Angels are depicted with wings hinting at their ability to fly (leave the earth). Jesus had all sorts of otherwordly abilities like telepathy and was more advanced in his thinking (thanks to the alien genes).

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KanuTruth

This is actually something that I touched on previously in response to another post I was reading. Were in it is my believe that in order for human beings to have evolved as rapidly as they did and to make up for the holes in the evolutionary process and even to have us evolve the way we did. The Extraterrestrials beings genetically altered are D.N.A so as to allow for us to evolve in exactly the right way they wanted us to evolve in. This is supported by a study that was conducted in another nation were they found spliced D.N.A(D.N.A that dos nothing). We have found this same D.N.A in are scientific study’s when we attempt to adjust the D.N.A of any living being this is what is found so there for we are familiar enough with it to tell what it is. And thus it is suggesting that someone or something has altered are D.N.A in some way.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttilaTheHun

Well he could easily have been partially alien. He could have been created through artificial insemnation and this is how Mary stayed a virgin, but at that time it seemed like a miracle. You just have to replace the word angel in the Bible with extraterrestrial and it all makes sense. Angels are depicted with wings hinting at their ability to fly (leave the earth). Jesus had all sorts of otherwordly abilities like telepathy and was more advanced in his thinking (thanks to the alien genes).

Anything is possible I suppose...

The virgin birth or immaculate conception was based on a mistranslation... Virgin can also be translated as "young woman" apparently

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
reply to post by Pauligirl

Hi. First off, I'm not trying to jump your ass about what I'm about to write.I just want to try to make a point, of my opinion. I'm with Bilk22 on that I see a connection to Jesus to Aliens. Like stated, why paint what was NOT there? I mentioned in my Post to the OP at bottom of Page 4 here the same thing. If there were alien craft at the time of Jesus with NO connection of the 2, then WHY paint the Craft in a painting of Jesus. There must have been a connection, otherwise the painting would not make sense. Plus if Aliens/Craft were not seen before, do You really think the artists would have been able to just make them up?
Even Sci-Fi writers of today, I believe usually had some point of reference to an object or idea, from which they were/are able to perceive an object /idea of the future. IE: Like taking a standard Pistol, then turning it into a laser firing weapon...... Syx.

I guess we all see it different ways. I think it has more to do with symbolism than UFOs. I don’t think anyone has ever seen a unicorn or a gargoyle, but you will find them in art.

In case you missed it, in this one, they are labeled "Sol" and "Luna"

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You would have to prove he existed in the first place (no records keeping as Roman Tax rolls go), he wasnt born in Bethlehem but in Nazareth, everything is wrong. This whole born of a virgin is nothing but prior dogma from Horus's time; a BORROWED theosophy, a MYTH inserted into that time period. Look at the similarities of Horus and Jesus creation (they are so much the same some think Jesus was Horus reincarnated). If the being Jesus actually existed, he would have been a human holding all 9 dimensional abilities. I know of the personage you speak of and thinks of itself as a used shill/shellgame to promote as an icon a false Christian/Catholic dogma of Pauls creation. Alien genes? He was an Essene and knew perfectly all that the Egyptian Mystery schools had to offer. Telepathy was taken away 400,000 years ago. He did know how to transmute matter. Alien genes have nothing to do with his abilities that were of schools hidden from view: ie the Quabala (the Hebrew slole without understanding what it exactly was). Telepathy is not natural anymore for the human, but one can develop it and speak to your higherselves. What I find very funny is that you dont realize you yourself are most likely born of alien origins accelerated human growth systems, what; do you really think you evolved from the simian? They were failed byproducts of a test lab potencial slave specie allowed to continue to exist (you want to see inequities; look at the fate of the great apes and what they must endure as being 'almost humans'). Youve no idea the shennigans that have played out here regarding profligations, experimentations with/of various specie developments. Jesus idea was an insert to change a paradigm, so was Mohammed, so was Buddha. Some actually wrote things down Jesus being the one most highly educated of the three chose not to do so; WHY? If Jesus is infact a hybrid so was Horus.
edit on 17-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Do you really think, paintings done over 1000 years after the event, actually portray the Real image of the time?
No of course Not, they are the imaginings of the painter.....His imagination (dictated somewhat by his commissioner or the Church).
Dont you think people would have said to Rembrandts student, "excuse me sire, but what is that round cloud in the sky, that you have painted?". What would he have said?...."oh well yes of course I was there on the mountain in BC500, that is a 20th century UFO of course you ninny!!, Didnt you know John the Baptist was an Alien?" They are just images from the painters mind, portraying spiritual notions to them, or their interpretations. .

Yes, paintings done 1000 years 'after the event' would have been painted by Freemasons. Those would include DaVinci, Michaelangelo just to name two, Nostradamus was another (philosopher/seer/naturopath healer). Why do the freemasons hold great knowledge of what we are and wense we came? The spacecraft depicted in renaissance works of art are 'clues' for the those living in the future to decode is all. The Essenes passed all of this knowledge to what eventually became the Knights Templar, Freemasons, Rosicrusions (later) alive and well in the 1400s (just carrying on a tradition of HIDE THE TRUTH until it can be openly acknowleged without impending potencial death/or incarceration for the disclosure). What is the Vatican so afraid of?
edit on 17-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

You would have to prove he existed in the first place (no records keeping as Roman Tax rolls go), he wasnt born in Bethlehem but in Nazareth, everything is wrong. This whole born of a virgin is nothing but prior dogma from Horus's time; a BORROWED theosophy, a MYTH inserted into that time period. Look at the similarities of Horus and Jesus creation (they are so much the same some think Jesus was Horus reincarnated). If the being Jesus actually existed, he would have been a human holding all 9 dimensional abilities. I know of the personage you speak of and thinks of itself as a used shill/shellgame to promote as an icon a false Christian/Catholic dogma of Pauls creation. Alien genes? He was an Essene and knew perfectly all that the Egyptian Mystery schools had to offer. Telepathy was taken away 400,000 years ago. He did know how to transmute matter. Alien genes have nothing to do with his abilities that were of schools hidden from view: ie the Quabala (the Hebrew slole without understanding what it exactly was). Telepathy is not natural anymore for the human, but one can develop it and speak to your higherselves. What I find very funny is that you dont realize you yourself are most likely born of alien origins accelerated human growth systems, what; do you really think you evolved from the simian? They were failed byproducts of a test lab potencial slave specie allowed to continue to exist (you want to see inequities; look at the fate of the great apes and what they must endure as being 'almost humans'). Youve no idea the shennigans that have played out here regarding profligations, experimentations with/of various specie developments. Jesus idea was an insert to change a paradigm, so was Mohammed, so was Buddha. Some actually wrote things down Jesus being the one most highly educated of the three chose not to do so; WHY? If Jesus is infact a hybrid so was Horus.

There are quite a number of characters born of a virgin: Jesus, Horus, Romulus, Krishna, Dionysus, Zoroaster and the list goes on. They all could have been hybrids or it could be the same strory told over and over with different names.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

AttilaTheHun Jesus, Horus, Romulus, Krishna, Dionysus, Zoroaster and the list goes on. They all could have been hybrids or it could be the same strory told over and over with different names.

You are exactamondo correct; thankyou for expanding the truth of this beyond just Jesus and Horus (in attempting to keep this known truth simple). Are they the same myth, yes; are they the same person? yes as an 'ideaform', manifested in different timeframes. There are so many restarts, or the same idea INSERT IDEA of 'Virgin Birth' et al etc. all into different timeframes/civilizations that someone should be paying attention to the SAME SAME dogma preesented. Is/are they hybrids (probably) Jesus was fully a 9 dimensional being why wouldnt the others be as well, he could manipulate matter. Why is this THE STORY the one being repeated to different cultures of different time frames? What is the point? Were they reincarnations of the same being (yes). Was the intent to let us know subliminally that all religions have the same virgin son of god birth (the idiosyncracies are greater and included; star in the eastern sky, 3 wise men, 12 of twelve and on and on the similarities). Why is this story important; is it supposed to tell us that we are of alien derivation but are led to believe God is acting as Gabriel (name your archangel depending upon your belief system) was responsible for the impregnation, and not of this world? He would have had to have been a hybrid himself. This story needs more scrutiny because it is worldwide existing within many faith systems; WHY so INSISTANTLY pervasive in telling the same MYTH to so many diverse cultures that are divided by time, and separated by specific geographic locales?
edit on 18-4-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join