It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medieval Church Conspiracy To Hide A Secret Truth About Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Aliens, UFOs, are no good, see the fruit. They're demonic.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I really like this kind of conspiracy, the Vatican archives and what the church is hiding.
I picked a book randomly from the library years ago, was History is wrong by Erich Von Daniken. I'm sure most people here have heard of him. Nutjob or not IDK but he made some interesting points in that book, mostly involving the book of Enoch.

His theories are out there for sure, but they make about as much sense as a boat carrying 2 of every animal

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Talliostro
uhm, just as a sidenote.
The 4.) picture isn't from medieval times anymore. The Middle Ages ended around 1500 (depends on the source, some say 1450, some say 1510...), from there on the period is called Renaissance. Picture 3) is from 1485, so it can be discussed if it is a really late medieval painting or a really early Renaissance painting.
Picture 4) is even later and the time period is called Baroque.

So, as a summary,
Painting 1) and 2) are from medieval times, Painting 3) can be discussed and painting 4) isn't even near the Middle Ages...

You are correct in your detailed account of the time lines. It was going to be too confusing to say "...medieval, late medieval and Renaissance church conspiracy..." Just doesn't read well as a headline.

More on the topic of Medieval church's fascination with the stars:

USA Today:

...Built by the "pontifical cosmographer" Ignazio Danti, the Meridian Room was intended to record the sun's position along the line dividing the room and for recording the wind's direction, making the Tower of Winds a sort of medieval weather station. From a balcony offering the second-highest vantage in Vatican City, astronomers made observations of the stars.

Despite the Catholic Church's history of persecuting the astronomical philosopher Giordano Bruno, who was burned at the stake in 1600, and Galileo, who was condemned by the Inquisition in 1633, the tower built from 1578 to 1580 originally served as an astronomical outpost...

Vatican Secret Archives Hold Tales Fascinating...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

If you think that's weird you should look into the evidence for Jesus being a magician, something that early church leaders actually spoke about and tried to debunk. Early Christian artwork depicts Jesus performing many of his miracles with a wand and there is some scriptural evidence to suggest that he might have simply been a "skilled magician" and not at all divine, enough evidence to lead early apologists to attempt to clear his name of the charge.

Jesus' Wand

As for the idea that Jesus was in league with aliens I really don't think one can make claims like that based medieval artwork. Many paintings held up by ancient astronaut believers as evidence of aliens merely show the sun and moon, personified, in the sky.

Ancient Aliens in Art Debunked
edit on 14-4-2014 by Titen-Sxull because: added links

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

they make about as much sense as a boat carrying 2 of every animal
reply to post by tinner07

If the boat was a lab, and carried tissue samples of each animal for future cloning, it might make more sense.
Makes me wonder what the Google Barges are REALLY for.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for posting this!! It was a fantastic watch. Some of it i already knew of, but the way it all linked together. Truly fascinating!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There is an image of Mary before she gave birth to Jesus. It depicts a UFO outside of the building projecting a beam of light at her stomach! Genetic upgrades maybe?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Ummm....there are depictions of what could be considered aliens going all the way back to cave drawings across the world. Then u got those pesky egyptians and sumerians. Surely the book of Enoch spoke of extra terrestrials as well. Its not just a medieval era thing. If you read a little history and dont just stare at pictures you will find out that there have always been "others" amongst us according to legends.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Pauligirl

I'm afraid you are going to find that there already quite a few threads here on this.

Here's a site that has the art history research:
ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

Thanks for the link. I'll be looking through it

A few questions here. Where would the concept of beings from another place come from and specifically, where would they get the idea that these beings could fly through the air in vehicles? Wasn't the belief at the time that the Earth was flat and the center of the known universe? That all things revolved around the Earth? How do you suppose such concepts could be imagined at such a time in human history? I as these questions in deference to your comment of "only art".

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

As a believing Christian, I find this fascinating. Not because I think Jesus was an alien, but because these painters included these objects in their paintings, and apparently, the church OK'd the work. I would have loved to have heard the conversation between the artist and the church elders regarding these objects. I find it ridiculous to think they weren't noticed by the church leaders.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
De Gelder's painting of Christ's baptism is a trip. That disc looks a bit out of place/time!

Not sold on the other Byzantine paintings depicting UFOs though. I'm inclined to believe Columbia University on sun/moon depiction in Christian/Byzantine art. Columbia University - Sun & Moon in Christian Art

The sun and moon, one on each side of the cross, are a regular feature of medieval crucifixions. They survived into the early Renaissance but are seldom seen after the 15th cent. Their origin is very ancient. It was the custom to represent the sun and moon in images of the pagan sun gods of Persia and Greece, a practice that was carried over into Roman times on coins depicting the emperors. It seems to have found its way into primitive Christian art through the festival of Christmas which took over an existing pagan feast celebrating the rebirth of the sun. Long before the first representations of the crucifixion the sun and moon appeared in other Christian themes: the Baptism, the Good Shepherd, Christ in Majesty. When art began to depict Christ on the cross their appropriateness to the theme was seen to be already established in the Bible and by theologians. The synoptic gospels relate that from midday a darkness fell over the whole land, which lasted until three in the afternoon. The eclipse might be simply a sign that the heavens went into mourning at the death of the Savior; but more specifically, according to Augustine, the sun and moon symbolized the prefigurative relationship of the two Testaments: the Old (the moon) was only to be understood by the light shed upon it by the New (the sun): The typology of the Old Testament.) In medieval examples the sun and moon may be represented in their classical forms: the sun as a male figure driving a quadriga, the moon as a female driving a team of oxen, each within a circular disk. (Cf. Apollo: The Sun god.) Or the sun is simply a man's bust with a radiant halo, the moon a woman's with the crescent of Diana. Later they are reduced to two plain disks, the moon having a crescent within the circle, and may be borne by angels. The sun appears on Christ's right, the moon on his left.

One thing for sure my brothers-of-another-mother . . . Jesus is the truth, the way, and the life! Give him a try - he won't disappoint.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

occuluinunc
One thing for sure my brothers-of-another-mother . . . Jesus is the truth, the way, and the life! Give him a try - he won't disappoint.

If he was so great, he would have caught on by now.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by G0v0D47

The more times a thread is flagged, the more likely it is to rise to the front page/most flagged threads

ok since this worked. i has another question: how do i post a new thread, i have yet to find the button -.-

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Okeyd57
reply to post by colbe

As a believing Christian, I find this fascinating. Not because I think Jesus was an alien, but because these painters included these objects in their paintings, and apparently, the church OK'd the work. I would have loved to have heard the conversation between the artist and the church elders regarding these objects. I find it ridiculous to think they weren't noticed by the church leaders.

Try Da Vinci there homie. Theres also a new series called Da Vincis Demons you may find interesting. Practically every art he ever put in color had hidden symbolism to it. If he hadnt, hed have been persecuted and hung or impaled in his time. lol Playing AC also helps a tad.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Bilk22

Pauligirl

I'm afraid you are going to find that there already quite a few threads here on this.

ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

A few questions here. Where would the concept of beings from another place come from and specifically, where would they get the idea that these beings could fly through the air in vehicles? Wasn't the belief at the time that the Earth was flat and the center of the known universe? That all things revolved around the Earth? How do you suppose such concepts could be imagined at such a time in human history? I as these questions in deference to your comment of "only art".

Them "old" theories are proving new ground this theory. The Earth IS flat and all the inspiration came from what people experienced and saw but could never tell and sustain bcus of persecution at the time. Keep in mind: Most astro info comes out of NASA who happens to be the biggest lying Nazi encampment of the 20th Century. And when I say flat, I mean like a space city, not a peice of paper.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oannes
There is an image of Mary before she gave birth to Jesus. It depicts a UFO outside of the building projecting a beam of light at her stomach! Genetic upgrades maybe?

Could you give a link to that, it would be a must see!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

G0v0D47

Bilk22

Pauligirl

ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

Them "old" theories are proving new ground this theory. The Earth IS flat and all the inspiration came from what people experienced and saw but could never tell and sustain bcus of persecution at the time. Keep in mind: Most astro info comes out of NASA who happens to be the biggest lying Nazi encampment of the 20th Century. And when I say flat, I mean like a space city, not a peice of paper.
Maybe you can go into a bit more detail on the "space city"?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Bilk22

G0v0D47

Bilk22

Pauligirl

ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

Maybe you can go into a bit more detail on the "space city"?

A start since ill have to dig on youtube for the newer ones that show flat earth, venus and mars on city populated. Its like Cloud City with an inner world, only the full planets. Agartha is true no matter which source you look at.
enjoy

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

KanuTruth

Pauligirl

ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

This article is a great in-depth study of Medieval art. And the author points out how the Sun and Moon are often depicted with faces or beings piloting them. But, herein lies the exact point I'm trying to make:

NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS THE SUN OR MOON SAID TO HAVE PERSONALITIES, FACES, OR DESCRIBED AS BEING PILOTED BY BEINGS. Yet, in many artworks of this time, they are shown this way. It would have be cause for inquisition torture to propose the sun and moon were god-like beings. UNLESS, the Church commonly taught something at this time that is no longer taught. Something that is now hidden. AFTER THE MIDDLE AGES WE NEVER SEE THIS ICONOGRAPHY AGAIN...WHY?

I don’t think they were proposing the sun and moon were god-like beings. I think they were given faces to be a witness to Crucifixion. In in Antelami's crucifixion scene, Deposition from the Cross, you can enlarge it and see "Sol" and "Luna" next to the sun and moon.

James Hall, author of the "Dictionary of Subjects & Symbols In Art" writes (and as occuluinunc posted above):

The sun and moon, one on each side of the cross, are a regular feature of Medieval crucifixions. They survived into the early Renaissance but are seldom seen after the 15th century. Their origin is very ancient. It was the custom to represent the sun and moon in images of the pagan sun gods of Persia and Greece, a practice that was carried over into Roman times on coins depicting the emperors.” (...) The sun is[sometimes represented as simply a man’s bust with a radiant halo, the moon as a woman’s with the crescent of Diana. Later they are reduced to two plain disks, the moon having a crescent within the circle, may be borne by angels. The sun appears on Christ's right, the moon on his left.
Art and UFOs

As to why that particular symbology disappeared, maybe the church decided not to have anything even slightly pagan in its artwork.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Bilk22

Pauligirl

ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

But it's not beings from another place or vehicles, just the Sun and Moon, represented as human figures, doing what the Sun and Moon do,

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join