It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medieval Church Conspiracy To Hide A Secret Truth About Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Did the Medieval Catholic church intentionally hide widely held truths about alien visitation and involvement in the life and times of Jesus? It seems some pieces of art raise questions regarding a shift in the attitude of the early Church and its knowledge of extraterrestrial beings. While the Vatican holds the vast majority of the writings, art and relics of the Middle Ages within its Secret Archives, a few works with interesting characteristics have avoided church control and exist in other private collections.

The subjects of this article are four artworks. Each possesses odd depictions of aliens, UFOs and unidentified beings as part of Biblical stories involving Jesus. Thumbnail views of each of these artworks are below.

Click through to view larger versions and read more details about these works and the artists who created them (including their relationships to the Church). Then, bring your perspective, insights and theories to this thread.

1.) Crucifixtion of Christ – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Georgia (former Russia) – 1050 A.D.
Larger View of Crucifixtion of Christ - Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Details

The Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is a Georgian Orthodox site built in the 11th century. On one of the walls inside has a fresco painting of the Crucifixion of Jesus. What is curious to note about this Byzantine style painting is the two flying objects taking off in angled directions in the upper right and left of the work. They appear to be flying saucers (UFOs) with 3 thrust trails. Inside each UFO is a face. Two roman guards in the background are bringing our attention to the objects with a hand gesture.

2.) Crucifixtion of Christ - Visoki Decani Monastery, Kosovo – 1327
Larger View of Crucifixtion of Christ - Visoki Monastery and Details

Within the Monastery are several fresco paintings from famous scenes described in the Bible. The Crucifixtion of Christ again, as seen in the Sventiskhoveli cathedral, shows two flying objects in the upper left and right of the scene, piloted by beings who appear to be holding steering controls. These are not angels because we can clearly see the host of heavenly angels with halos and wings in the same painting.

3.) Madonna and Child - By Jacopo del Sellaio Palazzo Vecchio - 1485
Larger View of Madonna and Child with Details

A pupil of Fra Filippo Lippi, del Sellaio was friends with (and influenced by) famous artist Sandro Botticelli. He often painted decorative wedding chests, plates, furniture and other decorater items. Madonna and Child with the Infant, Saint John the Baptist and Attending Angel, painted in 1485, is an example of a decorative plate painting with a gold leaf ornate frame. What is usually missed by people observing this painting is the presence of a UFO in the sky. An enlarged version is also shown to illuminate the detail work that shows it is clearly a UFO.

4.) Baptism of Christ - by Aert de Gelder - 1710
Larger View of Baptism of Christ with Details

De Gelder was one of Rembrandt’s pupils who lived in Amsterdam, from 1661 to 1663. He was one of the most talented and devoted of Rembrandt’s students and a highly acclaimed master painter. His painting style of loose brushwork and chiaroscuro rendering makes his work often hard to distinguish from that of Rembrandt. The Baptism of Christ depicts the scene from the Bible where John the Baptist is baptizing Jesus in the river Jordan. This scene has been illustrated by many artists. However, this scene is particularly interesting because of the flying saucer hovering over the scene with beams of light shining down and illuminating the event.

The Conspiracy - Secret Vatican Archives

Considering all of these works were commission by the Church or created by famous Church-supported artists, we must acknowledge that this attitude of beings with advanced technology were present during the time of Christ and the early church was both aware and open about this truth. Then, something happened near the end of the Middle Ages (around 1600-1700 A.D.) that caused the Church to change its attitude toward this information. After the 1700’s we don’t see any more work that show UFOs or beings operating them. In fact, the Vatican began acquiring thousands of art works at this time and holds them locked away from public view. Why is this? Isn’t art meant to be shared and enjoyed by all people? Why would the church hide so much of its collection from World? Exactly how many more works of art and literature exist in the Secret Vatican Archives that shed light on the extraterrestrial-Jesus connection? What truth is being hidden from us?

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KanuTruth

I don't think there any real connection to Jesus with Aliens...

Though if you read Ezekiel, I think theres most definitely an alien connection there

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The posters is right on many levels.
-What does flagging do here?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

G0v0D47
reply to post by Akragon

Flagging elevates an article (or thread's) status among other threads and lets the community know you think the thread is worth attention. (Click flag icon on upper left, next to article's title)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by G0v0D47

The more times a thread is flagged, the more likely it is to rise to the front page/most flagged threads

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lmao are you seriously, serious? jesus probably was one of them for christs (pun intended) sake.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

G0v0D47
reply to post by Akragon

Well again, theres no connection to Jesus... These paintings were painted over a thousand years after his death...

but I have no doubt the church was trying to cover up aliens, as they do many other things im sure

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

8fl0z
reply to post by Akragon

lmao are you seriously, serious? jesus probably was one of them for christs (pun intended) sake.

Yes of course im serious...

and I HIGHLY doubt he was an alien...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I'm afraid you are going to find that there already quite a few threads here on this.

Here's a site that has the art history research:
ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well seeing as how the Catholic church basically was the whole of christianity until the split...who knows what else was left out. The apocrypha might not even be all the lost chapters. 1000 a.d. was well before the split and reading the bible wasnt really encouraged it was actually frowned upon at some points in time. Jesus coulda got beamed up like scottie and put in stasis. I'll entertain the thought for the sake of conversation.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LOL my guess is that he was a time traveler from wayyyyyyyyy in the future who came back and basically did a bunch of science experiments in front of people who knew nothing about science and the world around them, and was considered to be a divine being among men.

It could also be that Earth is not the only planet with humans on board, we could be an intergalactic species, but TPTB, and whoever controls them, have decided its best that we here are kept ignorant of that fact for whatever reasons they have. jesus couldve been an offworld visitor who came to Earth where people were totally ignorant about pretty much everything we take for granted today, and wanted to live and be remembered as a divine being. well jesus, mission accomplished. well played.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Or perhaps he was just the son of God...

who knows eh

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Lol... I just thought about this while I was reading your comment. The birth of Jesus surprisingly resembles alien handiwork.

The birth of Jesus to a supposed virgin would imply either magic or artificial insemination. You decide.

The star that guided the wise men sounds an awful lot like a glowing ufo.

I don't know either way... those two things just occurred to me and I felt like sharing. ; p

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thank yall for the help. Seems like pinning on GLP.
As for the post, pay attention to the Da Vinci stuff and what the Vatican is cooking up in the near future. Regardless of the Jesus paradigm, the plan is to soon have the city as an international space port for the Greys. Something designed but failed by the Raelians and their head satanist who turned to money instead of messaging.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

to each their own beliefs I suppose

Watch this... a bit of info on that star you're speaking of

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

rustyclutch
reply to post by Akragon

Well seeing as how the Catholic church basically was the whole of christianity until the split...who knows what else was left out. The apocrypha might not even be all the lost chapters. 1000 a.d. was well before the split and reading the bible wasnt really encouraged it was actually frowned upon at some points in time. Jesus coulda got beamed up like scottie and put in stasis. I'll entertain the thought for the sake of conversation.

Sounds like reference to the episode Kirk denies Apollo before the christian god who happens to represent Apollo in hidden form.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Pauligirl

I'm afraid you are going to find that there already quite a few threads here on this.

Here's a site that has the art history research:
ART and UFOs?
No thanks, only art...

This article is a great in-depth study of Medieval art. And the author points out how the Sun and Moon are often depicted with faces or beings piloting them. But, herein lies the exact point I'm trying to make:

NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS THE SUN OR MOON SAID TO HAVE PERSONALITIES, FACES, OR DESCRIBED AS BEING PILOTED BY BEINGS. Yet, in many artworks of this time, they are shown this way. It would have be cause for inquisition torture to propose the sun and moon were god-like beings. UNLESS, the Church commonly taught something at this time that is no longer taught. Something that is now hidden. AFTER THE MIDDLE AGES WE NEVER SEE THIS ICONOGRAPHY AGAIN...WHY?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
S&F for a very well done thread OP!

I've always found the medieval art intriguing, and was some of the first things I came across in my beginning to research the UFO/Alien phenomenon.

I'm of the camp that extraterrestrials and interdimensionals do play a role in the world, then and now. With all of the surfacing submerged cities and out of place artifacts, I can also imagine a returning antediluvian race that had to evacuate the earth to survive - could be up there or over there on wave we can't perceive. I can see that scenario eventually coming upon us, (having to take to space to try and survive a cataclysm) so I can imagine it may have happened before.

CdT

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
S&F for a very well done thread OP!

I've always found the medieval art intriguing, and was some of the first things I came across in my beginning to research the UFO/Alien phenomenon.

I'm of the camp that extraterrestrials and interdimensionals do play a role in the world, then and now. With all of the surfacing submerged cities and out of place artifacts, I can also imagine a returning antediluvian race that had to evacuate the earth to survive - could be up there or over there on wave we can't perceive. I can see that scenario eventually coming upon us, (having to take to space to try and survive a cataclysm) so I can imagine it may have happened before.

CdT

Wait till you have them talking to you in person

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
uhm, just as a sidenote.
The 4.) picture isn't from medieval times anymore. The Middle Ages ended around 1500 (depends on the source, some say 1450, some say 1510...), from there on the period is called Renaissance. Picture 3) is from 1485, so it can be discussed if it is a really late medieval painting or a really early Renaissance painting.
Picture 4) is even later and the time period is called Baroque.

So, as a summary,
Painting 1) and 2) are from medieval times, Painting 3) can be discussed and painting 4) isn't even near the Middle Ages.

For your "medieval church conspiracy":
I'd say no, because painting 1) and 2) show nearly the same thing, which I would refer to as comets. 3) and 4) aren't painted in the Middle ages, so there was no supression of this art after the Middle Ages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join