It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed TSA Agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have been watching the board for weeks and this hasn't come up. I did a search and nothing.

About two weeks ago the DHS proposed that the TSA become armed to prevent situations like what happened in LA or several other places.

Crickets......... chirp chirp.

Nothing more dangerous in my opinion than a no gun zone with armed TSA agents.

chirp chirp.

I know its crazy lately with Bundy and all but you all have to pay attention to what the other hand is doing.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Well from your link it says they want armed police officers on-site, not actual armed TSA. Not that this is a good thing, but it's a helluva lot better than what your title suggests.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

There are already armed police officers on site. Just not in the airport.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yes I know. It's bad enough as it is I agree. I hate flying and almost never do it because of those ridiculous checkpoints. But nobody, as far as I can tell, is suggesting we arm the TSA.
And rightly so, I'd put more trust in a kid with a hand grenade than an armed TSA agent.
edit on 13-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

No sir, the DHS has been building an army and the billions of rounds of ammo could soon be in the hands of the TSA. Thats why they got hollow points after all.

But if you still don't believe me check this out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yep. Its the minority report.

The DHS has built an army of mindless robots and now is about to give them arms.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

With the new Future Attribute Screening Technology and brain scan, people will have to have the care bear mentality, be passive and content while going through the security checkpoint or take a number of hollow point bullets in the chest or be assaulted? I avoid airports, also. I only fly when I absolutely have to.
edit on 13-4-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

Well the most important thing to remember about the tech is that its all BS as in it is not what they are telling you.

What it does is link you to a database based on facial recognition, retina scans and your medical history (hence obamacare) From there they can data mine anything they want about you.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

rockintitz

Well from your link it says they want armed police officers on-site, not actual armed TSA. Not that this is a good thing, but it's a helluva lot better than what your title suggests.

I believe the title is correct. They are "requesting" these local officers at present. That is just the nose of the camel. They already know, from meeting with law enforcement that there isn't funding of localities to support this.

Police Chief Yousry "Yost" Zakhary of Woodway, Texas, president of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, participated in meetings developing the report and commended its recommendations for joint training and better communication between agencies. But he said assigning police to airports will depend on local priorities and funding. About 323 airports receive federal reimbursement for police officers at airports. "I think in a perfect world if we had all the money and resources that would be great, but unfortunately these are going to have to be done on a calculated risk based on peak times and funding that is available," Zakhary said. "I don't think there's an agency that can afford to put police at every checkpoint," he added. "You might see roving patrols."

Soooo, the next step will come when another crazy decides to fire a gun at or near any TSA agent. Their "request" will turn into a "demand for safety" because the locals have failed to provide a safe atmosphere in which they must work. Then all our airports will look like occupied territory....which they are. (Or at least they looked that way the last time I was in one. When they began molesting me I quit flying on a relatives' "Friends and Family" pass that allowed me to travel very cheaply.) After their "demand" is heard, there will be lots of discussion and the consensus will be reached that the only financially sensible way to protect their workplace is to have them armed.
We may see a lot of whining first, then, like the toddler whose whining is ignored, it will escalate until a full-blown tantrum. Grab some popcorn and watch it play out.

edit on 13-4-2014 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There are armed LEOs all over the airport. They used to be at all the checkpoints, but they've reduced their presence over the last few years.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, thats because airports are gun free. From what Ive seen personally the cops and sherifs only patrol the outside perimeter and are not inside unless they are called. I may be incorrect but during my visits thats what I recall.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I used to work at an airport for several years. The armed LEOs are in all areas of the airport. They keep a low profile away from the checkpoints in the passenger area, but they're there.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I believe you zaphod, the only thing I don't believe is that someone would want to arm TSA and leave other people defenseless.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Evenin',

As I see things, this idea is the grand-daddy of "bad" ideas...ranking almost neck and neck with Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
Mind you, wouldn't it be a lark if they gave the TSA plastic 5" toy guns...kinda like the ones they seem to always blow a gasket over at customs when they find a Woody from Toy Story?
On a more serious note...c'mon now, who here didn't know this was coming?
(S+F)

-Peace...apparently isn't profitable enough to be taken seriously-

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

rockintitz

Yes I know. It's bad enough as it is I agree. I hate flying and almost never do it because of those ridiculous checkpoints. But nobody, as far as I can tell, is suggesting we arm the TSA.
And rightly so, I'd put more trust in a kid with a hand grenade than an armed TSA agent.
edit on 13-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

LOL, you hit the nail on the head...

/thread

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Zaphod58

I used to work at an airport for several years. The armed LEOs are in all areas of the airport. They keep a low profile away from the checkpoints in the passenger area, but they're there.

unless of course you are in Singapore the guards there have machine guns..m16s i believe

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Zaphod58

unless of course you are in Singapore the guards there have machine guns..m16s i believe
its been a few years but last time was there they were carrying hk mp5s at changi .. at least at singapore theyre properly trained and dont molest passengers ..

Scary thought the boneheads at terrorist state agency being armed .. very bad idea ..

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah what a great Idea arm more badly trained Yahoos on power trips. What could go wrong!

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Expat888

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Zaphod58

its been a few years but last time was there they were carrying hk mp5s at changi .. at least at singapore theyre properly trained and dont molest passengers ..

Scary thought the boneheads at terrorist state agency being armed .. very bad idea ..

it is a bad idea and scary we will likely see people getting shot for trying to take nail scissors on to a flight

top topics

join