It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on identifying a Satilite..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hi Guys, It intreagued me well, because of its brightness, almost like a flare but behaving like a satellite. So I looked into it again.

I searched Starry night again and decided to put in the location and time as in the OP and sure enough, there was an object that flies over at aproximately from SW to NE at 11h57pm, just before midnight.

What I pick up is a Russian low orbit satellite, namely Resurs-DK1, the bird flies at an altitude of 360km only. And main function is for earth observation. (
satellite possibly)

More info here: [satellites.findthebest.com...]

But I could be wrong, any other suggestions?

edit on 15-4-2014 by researcher88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
it would be my guess that any non-blinking, bright dot of light in the sky ...having a north-south or a south-north path of travel would be a satellite designed to collect Polar data...(or else a covert/secret Spy satellite being disguised as a scientific payload

I seen such a bright, white, dot in the night sky once...around 11:00PM, so it was not a commercial jet (no blinking lights) but the craft must have been way over 100 miles up to reflect the Sunlight which had long been cut off by the curvature of the Earth...but strangely, a deep space object, surely would not have been traveling at the same apparent rate as a common commercial jetliner seen in a daytime sky... (say about ~60 seconds for a horizon-to-horizon passage)

strange lights indeed

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

St Udio
(or else a covert/secret Spy satellite being disguised as a scientific payload

Exactly what I thought, that is why I put the Devil smiley...I read more on it and discovered there is a CIA/Russian government and commercial connection. So yeah who knows!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join