It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help on identifying a Satilite..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

researcher88

Soloprotocol
Location of sighting...Glasgow

Time..Around Midnight GMT

Date 10-04-2014
direction of travel..came from south west and was heading north east..actually crossed by the Moon.

I have a pic of it but i havn't got a clue how to add pics here...tried...hopeless. dont know why ATS makes it so damn awkward.

edit on 13-4-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

Hey, I saw exactly the same thing in south Africa, about a week ago, travelling in the same direction I thought it was very strange because of the brightness and I never saw one fly in that direction, before.

Sure enough when I opened my starry night program and downloaded the updates, It was not there. So I'm also wondering what it was!

Maybe the US has a new boogie Man up there..?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Go dig in the aviation forum. There is some information there that leads in the right direction.

You teaser! Ok so if we go to the aviation forum (I believe you mean here on ats) are we looking for something that has been mentioned recently, or are we going to have to dig through a few old threads

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Little bit of both.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

If there was a new satellite up there that was that bright then it wouldn't stay secret for long, given the number of people watching the skies!

I'd be astonished if any satellite shows up on a mobile phone pic, even the ISS, although I have never tried...

edit on 14-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

And you are pretty sure it's related to was solo may of captured. To be honest .. I don't have a clue even if I did look in the forums is probably go straight past. Don't worry I'm not asking for more info. I'd love to be in your position though I bet you have a little laugh to yourself now and again when things like this pop up. I know I would .. Thanks for the input

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Rob48

If there was a new satellite up there that was that bright then it wouldn't stay secret for long, given the number of people watching the skies!

I'd be astonished if any satellite shows up on a mobile phone pic, even the ISS, although I have never tried...

it was Bright, as bright as Jupiter on a clear night. in fact.. Brighter.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Rob48

it's could only have been a Satellite..the light never dimmed after it continued North East.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It COULD be related. What I'm thinking of flies over that region sometimes.

There have been a few times when it's been frustrating, because someone gets so close, then talks themself out of it.
edit on 4/14/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No, it could have been something else. If you've never seen it, it's easy to mistake.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hmmm flies .. So it's in our atmosphere ?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Since I said it might not be a satellite, that's a pretty safe assumption.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Lol! ... S*** yeh I missed that, it's Monday night ok and I'm at work the brain isn't functioning properly (a common thing). Ok a question you might be able to answer. Solo obviously spotted it as a light so we can assume that whatever it is emits it's own light and this isn't a reflection from something

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The light is not reflected, correct.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Well you can probably guess I still don't have a clue so I'll quit trying for answers (for now). I do have one possible idea which for whatever reason as well I'm think the UK tested something in that area a little while ago. But ... I'm probably miles off. Again thanks for the input

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Zaphod58

No, it could have been something else. If you've never seen it, it's easy to mistake.

Thank you.....I love this Sheeeeet... lol cant wait to see the white number.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hi All

Just did a little experiment used stellarium set for time date location of OP see what you think.

Could it be Mars?

Now as we now know it's an iphone pic that would rule out a satellite looks to much like Mars so are we being fed a story about this object moving.

If you want to see the details of the exposure Soloprotocol right click on one of your pics on the computer go to properties then details to get the info.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

wmd_2008
Hi All

Just did a little experiment used stellarium set for time date location of OP see what you think.

Could it be Mars?

Now as we now know it's an iphone pic that would rule out a satellite looks to much like Mars so are we being fed a story about this object moving.

If you want to see the details of the exposure Soloprotocol right click on one of your pics on the computer go to properties then details to get the info.

No. as i said..it was traveling....last post.....was waiting on this crap...i dont feed stories....goodnight.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There will be something coming soon that uses what I'm talking about. They won't admit to the specific system, but it's there.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

wmd_2008
Hi All

Could it be Mars?

No. as i said..it was traveling....last post.....was waiting on this crap...i dont feed stories....goodnight.

Calm down SH, I live not very far from you and you seem reluctant to give exposure info although asked at least 3 times the simple fact that Mars was the only other object in the field of view of your phone picture that could possibly show up apart from an aircraft leads me to that conclusion!

A satellite would be lucky to register as ONE pixel in your image as the Moon would only be a few pixels across also if your shutter speed was a large fraction of a second a satellite would show as a streak due to the speed they travel at.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

The fact that the light you saw was travelling doesn't rule out the possibility that the light you saw wasn't captured on the photo, but Mars was. Nobody is calling you a liar, so there is no need to go on the defensive.

As I said before I would be astonished if something as small and faint as a satellite was picked up on a phone photo, so you have to look at the possibility that the dot on the picture isn't the moving light you were watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join