It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"On Selfishness" - worth watching, believer or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The fact is that what this man says deserves attention.
To all:
Put on your emotional armor and watch this 10-minute bit.

And then think.
And chime in.

ETA: Oh. Sorry!; for those who can't watch vids.....
he talks about things that, if everyone did, would wreck modern society.....like leaving the rental car at the curb outside the terminal rather than returning it to Hertz via established methods....

he also talks about how God would have been appalled at what man has done around food, buildings, dismissal of the indigenous americans,littering/NYC, etc.

Anyway, lame thread, but oh well - I already hit submit.

edit on 4/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Definitely worth a watch. We really are a selfish bunch of animals, aren't we?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Is this guy a member here? Seems like the whole video was taken from post I have read.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Thats brilliant so true.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Speculation

Is this guy a member here? Seems like the whole video was taken from post I have read.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not that I'm aware of.
But in any case, what did you think of the vid?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

We really are a selfish bunch of animals, aren't we?

Hard question. I really don't know, and won't pretend to know.
It's there, though. Selfishess, tribalism, violence, exploitation, exclusion......since "forever". (Forever meaning in terms of human understanding.)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

Thanks for commenting. I think it's totally real-and-in-your-face true.

edit on 4/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's not a hard question at all. If you are at all self-serving, then you are selfish. That's not to say that you are more selfish than selfless, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's not to say that you are more selfish than selfless, though.

And where does the balance lie?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I completely agree

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The purpose of good comedy is to kill you with Truth while it makes you laugh.Unfortunately it also can cause apathy.Very few people respond positively to the truth about themselves no matter how it is delivered.They my laugh and laugh at themselves however it seldom is the cause of change .I enjoy laughing at myself though because the alternative is most unpleasant and unproductive.Truth only hurts if it doesn't change you.Then you get to really laugh at it.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The purpose of good comedy is to kill you with Truth while it makes you laugh.Unfortunately it also can cause apathy.Very few people respond positively to the truth about themselves no matter how it is delivered.They my laugh and laugh at themselves however it seldom is the cause of change - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ain't that the truth!!

I loved how God came back and said, "What the hell are you doing? Why are the polar bears brown? What is a 'job'? Why do you need money? I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING! You need money, why? To buy food? JUST EAT IF OFF OF THE FLOOR!"

I admit I'm an environmentalist - but he's right - NYC is not 'the environment' - it's a pile of litter.
Best keep it contained.

When I was younger I volunteered for the National Park Service. I lived in the Rocky Mountains - had always wanted to be a Forest Ranger (or a Veterinarian) as a kid. Got to live them both out in 'assisting', but my 'trajectory' was changed along the way. ANyway, one day I was hiking and found a beautiful stream that was loaded with discarded cans. I tried to rally support to go and clean it up...but, no. Trail maintenance was my task.

Sad to say, I agree with all of what he (Louis C.K.) says. Yes, I did laugh. But, I do my part, too...
conserve, recycle, let nature take care of my 'yard'. Take 'lawn care', for example: fertilize it so it grows and water it so it grows faster and then use fossil-fuel (electric OR gas) to run the mower to cut it. Asinine. And all for what?
"Curb appeal."
My yard is in a mostly 'wild state' - oh damn well. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my 'buildings'. They fall apart.
The yard will manage on its own.

new topics

top topics

join