It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell brand new youtube series 'the trews' - Absolutely destroys the medium of newspapers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

ZeuZZ

NthOther

VoidHawk

He's one of them, look how the msm built him up into what he is now, and look at what he's now doing! He's gathering up all the people who're not happy with the way things are, and he's teaching them to laugh at it.

Don't worry. Be happy.

Worry is just a misuse of imagination, it's totally pointless.

Laughing at what we should be concerned about is also pointless!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Not Authorized
reply to post by VoidHawk

Would you apply that logic to George Carlin? He made people laugh, including me, growing up. Yet, you could argue today that he is a modern day prophet.

Did he get people onto the streets and telling their government they're not happy? or did he have them all sat on their sofa's laughing?

I think we all know the answer!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thing is papers are rubbish 99.9% of the time but are always in the know. The 'Sahara sand' issue IMHO is something that RB's focus is a distraction, because it clearly was not just a Sahara sand issue. The Sahara sand persisted here for 7 days, on the east coast here it was as bad as London and came much earlier as well as sea mists, and as a dust in itself is not a health giving thing, it is a bad thing. There is only one rule about dust in the air... it is bad for you, and the smaller it is the worse it is. It wasn't just sand..silica..glass either it was also industrial smog. Sahara sand is not something new here, but it is usually limited to one or two days.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

JonButtonIII
Not sure whether I buy Russell Brand's act. I mean, he comes off as genuine enough, and certainly has never said anything that would make me seriously doubt his spiritual side.

But then, he's got that giant "33" tattooed on the underside of his left wrist. So I'm not entirely certain who he's working for.

Well I must be too stoned or something cause I cannot for the life of me find any pics or info on this 33 tattoo, and I've spent the last half hour searching online... can you tell me where you saw this or tell me where I can find a pic of this.

I take this kind of thing seriously so I really want to know and I want to know what if anything he has said about the meaning of it.

I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just saying I can't find it... Of course there is a chance you could be wrong because like me you are only human and therefore capable of such mistakes so I would just like to get down to the bottom of this matter and have it settled.

What i discovered in my half hour of resesrch: It seems he does indeed have some tattoos, and there are also some fake tattoos he had put on for the filming of the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall or whatever it's called and some people online seem to think they were real. One of his real tattoos has a cross and says "Lord make me a channel for your peace". He also had a matching tattoo with his ex Katy Perry which he has since had covered up.

It seems like once they broke up, they went opposite ways. She dove headfirst into super stardom and fame with all kinds of rampant symbolism and being a bad role model while he has begun this crusade for the betterment of mankind.

As to the ongoing discussion-

Like others, I also did not see comedy as the focus of this series at all. It was used, lightly. It seemed like the comedy was just used as a way to explain the message, acting as a medium to help him get his point across. I watched the two videos in the op. Not everyone believes the solution is to "get people into the street". His approach as stated in one of those videos is to change your own perceptions first and since we are all connected you will begin to affect change in others around you by your words and actions. At least that's how i understand it from what i remember.

The point is, just because someone is not actively involved in the one specific act of street protests doesn't immediately disqualify them from anything.

Look at Alex Jones. Apparently, his wife or ex wife or someone came forward and said some stuff about him and there's supposedly actual evidence showing he may work for some big spooky corporation, but he's always out in the street with his bullhorn rallying up crowds of people so i guess that means something right?

Of course Russell having been a big celebrity and hosting some big shows is suspect. But it's not proof. Not for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Now that is something to think about. Thank you for bringing us this information from another perspective. I figured he just meant that in general the newspapers he was referring to like to crank up the fear factor in their weather related stories, but perhaps in this instance he has chosen a bad example since, as you have related, it actually is a problem for a lot of people. Maybe he does need to be more careful in the fjture.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to distract attention away from the Sahara sand, because he spent a bit of time talking about it and then joked about it later on. But I'll accept its a possibility that he could've possibly been trying to bring it up just in order to make a joke of it so people would hear about it but then not take it seriously. Anything's possible. But I think the point he was trying to make and the point most will walk away with is that it's not the life ending event like a tsunami which the newspaper is making it out to be.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't know why everyone gives Russell Brand crap. He does more for the alternative community than you or i.

Lay off the hate...it's not cool.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Np, my friend. You can see his '33' tattoo on the underside of his left wrist in this video here.

The tattoo pokes out from beneath his shirt at a number of different times, but if you want to hit the most ironic sighting, you can see it at 3:33 in.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My wife and I have been watching Russell since the first few episodes.

It's not for everyone, but it is a good primer for the uninitiated to think more critically and decipher the nonsense around them.

You are either on the same wavelength, and "get it" or will find it annoying.

I've had worse professors, let me say that.

The MSNBC spot is good place to pick up his vibe...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

These vids are going SERIOUSLY viral if you check out the rating:view ratio.

well i hardly think so, seeing how the numbers for a viral video are.

Number of views
There have been the questions of "what exactly constitutes a viral video? How many views does it need to be considered 'viral'? How quickly does it have to rise in viewership?" There isn't exactly a set rule for how many "views" constitute a video "going viral". In a recent blog post, YouTube weblebrity Kevin Nalty, aka Nalts, asks the question “How many views do you need to be viral?” In 2011 he said, “A few years ago, a video could be considered “viral” if it hit a million views.” But Nalts updated that definition. He said, “A video, I submit, is “viral” if it gets more than 5 million views in a 3-7 day period.”[17

seeing that the three videos that have been posted only have 40,116, 51,039 and 149,187, views that is far off the mark. and it has already been 5 days. maybe he can pull a obamacare and get the numbers he needs to be viral.

brand is a joke, a purely nasty individual, that thinks his he can stay alive by doing web series. his career is the crapper and he is desperately trying to stay in the lime light. his show on fx was the only gig he had since 2011. and they axed him because of his nasty toilet humor.

and for those that use carlin, as enlightened political and social commentator, he was a known alcoholic and prescription drug addict that was high or dunk most of the time on and off the stage. a brunt out old hippie that never came out of the sixties. how could anyone take him seriously.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Just like that insidious program - Have I got News for you - he teaches people to laugh at what should actualy make them angry!
Until he stops teaching people to laugh, I'll continue to beleive he's a plant working for tptb.

Any proof on that? or pure conjecture?

I don't want to say I know the guy on a personal level but I have known who he is since around 1995, a lot longer than most (general public) have known him, I've seen him be on TV completely ruined by drugs, I've seen him clean up and be a TV personality and to where he is now.

Using your very own logic I guess you are a tool of the TPTB to ward people away from following people who deem to expose various aspects in the media. That sound crazy? it holds as much water as your theory. NONE.

EDIT. Thankyou OP for these links.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by ZeuZZ

brand is a joke, a purely nasty individual, that thinks his he can stay alive by doing web series. his career is the crapper and he is desperately trying to stay in the lime light. his show on fx was the only gig he had since 2011. and they axed him because of his nasty toilet humor.

and for those that use carlin, as enlightened political and social commentator, he was a known alcoholic and prescription drug addict that was high or dunk most of the time on and off the stage. a brunt out old hippie that never came out of the sixties. how could anyone take him seriously.

Lmao, who say's he has to work? His net worth at this point is in the millions, I dare say he could walk on to most UK channels if he felt the need to do something over here again.

As for your points on Carlin. You should listen to the message people tell you rather than who is telling you it,

"a burnt out old Hippy who never grew out of the sixties"
And a hero to many social commentators and thousands more stand up's worldwide.
Consistently regarded as one of the greatest political comedians of all time.

If you don't agree with some of Carlins work, fair enough but to disagree with all of it makes me wonder what
political beliefs you actually have as Equality likely isn't one of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
o god we have a NEW DAVID [ SON OF GOD icke] 1 is enough but a new generation needs to be hooked by someone who is hiding from the gay rumor's by getting married for 5 minutes so hollywood once a junkie always a junkie ? he is so see through he could be invisible and is too me i will not watch him i find him that annoying and scripted

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Taggart

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Lmao, who say's he has to work? His net worth at this point is in the millions, I dare say he could walk on to most UK channels if he felt the need to do something over here again.

As for your points on Carlin. You should listen to the message people tell you rather than who is telling you it,

"a burnt out old Hippy who never grew out of the sixties"
And a hero to many social commentators and thousands more stand up's worldwide.
Consistently regarded as one of the greatest political comedians of all time.

If you don't agree with some of Carlins work, fair enough but to disagree with all of it makes me wonder what
political beliefs you actually have as Equality likely isn't one of them.

i'm not into listening to drunks, drug addicts or comedians for my political or world views.

someones mind that is clouded by drugs and alcohol, or has been damaged due to drugs, should not be trying to tell folks how ____ed up, everybody else is.

i didn't say brand had to work, i said he wants to stay in the lime light, big difference. having a gig and being on tv is a whole lot different than doing stand up, to say 5000 at a time, some venues maybe more.
and as far as and his net worth, there are a lot of rich a@@___s out there and he is one of the biggest. and if he can walk into any channel and be given a gig, why hasn't he been cast yet. could it be that just like fx they know he is nothing but gutter trash spewing bs every where he can.

carlin was consistently regarded as one of the greatest political comedians of all time, by people in the same industry he was in. or people with the same mind set. very few others.

by "Equality" meaning do it yourself and not expect a handout, unless your sick and or other wise unable to fend for your self.
or "Equality" meaning taking or forcing some to give their money to others, regardless of how sorry or lazy they maybe. you know there are a lot of people that go to work with the thumb up there a@@ and don't do anything, and there are those that do the bare minimum. that want to be paid big bucks.

i could go on about how equal some people want to be treated until they are, then cry foul, or want even more. but that is something we are not talking about here.

edit on 14-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Isnt the content of the message more important then where it comes from?

I take each piece of information and examine them individually and discern for myself what they are worth.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Isnt the content of the message more important then where it comes from?

I take each piece of information and examine them individually and discern for myself what they are worth.

so do i when it comes from some one who has not had years and years of alcohol and drugs running through their mind twisting and warping it.

i'm not talking about on the weekend type drinker or partier, i'm talking about wake up with a needle in your arm, or a drink and pills in your hand type. which both were.

sound judgment can not come from that. no matter how long brand has been dry.

brand claims to be drug free for 10 years a year ago, there is no telling what heroin has done to his mind.

carlin went to a drug rehab three years before he died, he was 71 when he died, that means he was still doing drugs and drinking i would say heavily at least to when he was 68. it is also known he use to trip trying to deal with his personal life.

hell i use to party with the best of on the weekends and come monday morning it was back to the grind stone, quit doing all that cazry # in my twenty's. and then it wasn't every weekend and i didn't have to have a drink or smoke a fatty to get by everyday.

no any thing other than being funny which brand isn't and carlin at times could be, that comes out of their mouths and taken as a world view should be seen as skewed.

and just you know that i'm not talking sh@@ from his last interview.

Well, It was just passive, I don’t know. See, I had always been a marijuana smoker, a pretty heavy user of marijuana, all these years I’m talking about when I was in this other world of mainstream television, nightclubs. So marijuana is a hallucinogen and it is also a value-changing drug, as are acid and mescaline. They are hallucinogens and they are value-changing drugs. They alter, assist in shifting one’s perspective on the world which usually is informed by your values. And so I had already, my body, my mind, and myself—I already had a kind of a thick layer of this out-of-stepness.
George Carlin's Last Interview

edit on 14-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Am I missing something, I could have sworn Brand was as clean as a whistle these days.

As for Carlin, a Legend, opened eyes everywhere, used critical thinking,
made extremely astute observations.

If anyone has a problem with what Carlin said because of vice's then I guess we should
Ignore most of the greatest minds in history, from scientists to literary genius's.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

DrMescalito
Am I missing something, I could have sworn Brand was as clean as a whistle these days.

If anyone has a problem with what Carlin said because of vice's then I guess we should
Ignore most of the greatest minds in history, from scientists to literary genius's.

every junkie i have ever come across will swear they have kicked it and next day be as high as a kite i worked with one for years and never knew he was one

i just do not trust russel brand he is trying to be bill hick's but will never get there in my book

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

999zxcv

DrMescalito

every junkie i have ever come across will swear they have kicked it and next day be as high as a kite i worked with one for years and never knew he was one

i just do not trust russel brand he is trying to be bill hick's but will never get there in my book

But Bill Hicks took drugs too. His (Hicks) message is surely as worthless as Brands and Carlins if you believe the guy above.

Let's also Ignore the greatest minds who experimented with drugs and see who we are left with.
In this list I'll start with Freud and Isaac newton.

edit on 14-4-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Taggart

999zxcv

DrMescalito

But Bill Hicks took drugs too. His (Hicks) message is surely as worthless as Brands and Carlins if you believe the guy above.

Let's also Ignore the greatest minds who experimented with drugs and see who we are left with.

edit on 14-4-2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

Bill Hicks came from another angle i think he did not try and be the One he just laughed at how stupid life is next i can see Brand trying to get into politics maybe the tavistock institute have him on a lead with some dodgy dvd's from his past

Time will tell i think and maybe some £20 $36 million a year in revenue that comedians are getting per year from sales will not go down to bad Icke is pleading poverty but rolling in it i hear $120 a ticket and 50.000 sell outs plus books mmmmmm

Freud i would not touch with a barge pole

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Taggart

Brand has been sober for at least 8 years now.

I've actually created a list that is over 50 people long about people we see as heroes who are users of psychedelics, and you would be amazed at some of them. But every time I start that thread it gets deleted and I get warning I might get banned. The fact that this forum seems to support a dated political ideology rather than the scientific reality makes me very uneasy about posting stuff here half the time, as it's usually a watered down version, and I tend to take most of time elsewhere to other forums that have actually worked out how these things work and allow posts about these things.

I'm not having a go at the community, as I generally love ATS, but I hope that if enough users start getting annoyed at their rules about this then something will eventually be changed to allow more productive discourse about these subjects to ensue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join