It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant stone footprint in south Africa (DEBUNK)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod

Well my main point was that he would have to be standing on molten lava to leave the print (impossible).

Actually, it's a bit harder than that - granite doesn't form from surface lava, it forms when molten rock cools deep under the Earth's surface.

If it had been basaltic rock, perhaps more likely ..... Though it would have had to have miraculously cooled instantly, else any depression left by this supposed giant walking across the lava would have filled again!

But the point is moot since this is nothing more than natural erosion that fanciful humans with vivid imaginations think looks vaguely like a human footprint.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: Antigod

Well my main point was that he would have to be standing on molten lava to leave the print (impossible).

Actually, it's a bit harder than that - granite doesn't form from surface lava, it forms when molten rock cools deep under the Earth's surface.

If it had been basaltic rock, perhaps more likely ..... Though it would have had to have miraculously cooled instantly, else any depression left by this supposed giant walking across the lava would have filled again!

But the point is moot since this is nothing more than natural erosion that fanciful humans with vivid imaginations think looks vaguely like a human footprint.

excellent point and explained better than mine. I could just remember it was igneous.

<< 1  2   >>

join