It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US in Iraq worse than Hitler

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

By Majic
Strange, since I reviewed this lenghty and meandering thread and said exactly what I wished to say.

Please don't take offense at my comment.

If you had of read through as you stated, you would have seen this Post.

The thread is actually about a comment made by a Turkish official that US is guilty of war crimes in Iraq. If you read the very first post it will become clear.

Thomas Crowne is actually the only person who tried to answer the topic with this Post

Feel free to add your opinion. I was never comparing Bush to Hitler, It was just the title of the News article and I used it as a lead in to the other News article in question.

*edit post ID*

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Psychoses]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am always late to these topics. The original author of the article has assessed correctly. At least someone is thinking straight. What else can we call the following, all actual facts:

1. 100,000+ Iraqi civilians killed
2. Dozens, if not hundreds, abused and/or molested in prison camps
3. Totaliterianism and recent Fulluja forced DNA and retina scans
4. Racial white supremacy

That is Nazism, whether you face it or not. The war has made a joke of so many people who have supported it and are supporting it. First they told them it was for WMD, but there weren't any; then they told them it was liberation, but instead they are doing genocide. So, now what are they going to tell them, and what are they going to believe?

I ask those who are supporting this? Don't you feel even a little stupid? Or are you just rolling on to Iran and Syria?

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well this is exactly my point.

As the original reasons of invading Iraq are no longer relavent, the Turkish officials statement tends to hold some truth.

Then when we take into account that U'S refuses to be held accounable for any breaches of international law, it begs the question as to why?

If they have done nothing wrong they have nothing to fear.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Please don't take offense at my comment.

You are changing the subject from the topic to me and making false, condescending and insulting statements about me, what's to get offended about?

If you had of read through as you stated, you would have seen this Post.

The thread is actually about a comment made by a Turkish official that US is guilty of war crimes in Iraq. If you read the very first post it will become clear.

I did. In fact, it was the very first post I looked at in this thread, and definitely not the last, I'm sorry to say.

Look, this thread is not about me, and you seem to be getting even more lost with each post.

I never said you made the comments comparing the U.S. with Nazis, so I don't have any idea where that came from, other than not me.

If you are incapable of addressing the topic instead of insulting me, then that's as far as this discussion can go between us.

You have reached the point where further discussion with me must be preceded by an apology from you for your insulting and defamatory posts against me.

It is tragic and disappointing that you should choose to indulge in such shameful and offensive behavior, but the choice is yours, not mine.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Thomas,

all i said about 'jewish terrorists' of the Haganah, Irgun or the Stern Gang was that they were responsible for driving from their homelands and stealing the property of 800.000 palestinians. This historical fact is known as the 'Naqba' among arabs. If these names or numbers are wrong, i would appreciate if you corrected me with a serious scientific source.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is my original post.

The head of Turkey's parliamentary human rights group has accused Washington of genocide in Iraq and behaving worse than Adolf Hitler,

From linked article

"The occupation has turned into barbarism," Friday's Yeni Safak newspaper quoted Mehmet Elkatmis, head of parliament's human
rights commission, as saying. "The U.S. administration is committing genocide...in Iraq.

"Never in human history have such genocide and cruelty been witnessed. Such a genocide was never seen in the time of the

pharoahs (of ancient Egypt), nor of Hitler nor of (Italy's fascist leader Benito) Mussolini," he said.

"This occupation has entirely imperialist aims," he was quoted as telling the human rights commission on Thursday.

source

With the footage of the soldier killing the unarmed, injured Iraqi freedom fighter it is little surprise that the U.S is now trying to bully other countries into signing immunity accords shielding U.S. personnel from being surrendered to the tribunal,

From linked article
The Republican-controlled Congress has stepped up its campaign to curtail the power of the International Criminal Court, threatening to cut economic aid to governments that refuse to sign immunity accords shielding U.S. personnel from being surrendered to the tribunal.

The move marks an escalation in U.S. efforts to ensure that the first world criminal court can never judge American citizens for crimes committed overseas. More than two years ago, Congress passed the American Servicemembers' Protection Act, which cut millions of dollars in military assistance to many countries that would not sign the Article 98 agreements, as they are known, that pledge not to transfer to the court U.S. personnel accused of committing war crimes abroad.

source

What I find surprising is that Britain is one of the countries that is opposed to the stance that the U.S is taking on the grounds that it undermines the treaty.

If there are no "War Crimes" being committed then the U.S should have nothing to fear.Discuss.

You're the one who turned up after 11 pages with the intention of "Chiming In On A Tired Thread" and posted this,

Originally posted by Majic
I have already vented at greater length regarding the absurdity and inherent offensiveness of comparing various contemporary entities with Nazis on this thread, so I won't repeat myself here.

What I can say is if we Americans really were Nazis, several of the contributors to this thread would have already been summarily executed. This fact renders the discussion moot and irrelevant.

Those who compare the U.S. to Nazis are doing nothing more than publicly proclaiming their ignorance of what true Nazis were, and insulting the tens of millions of people who were murdered by them.

Pathetic and inexcusable.

Well just slap in the face if I can't read!

Where the hell do you address the topic of the thread in this post? Please tell me?

All you have done is give your opinion on people who compare the U.S to Nazi's! Nothing more!!

Where do you give an opinion as to why the U'S is asking other nations to sign an agreement that nullifies U'S soldiers from being tried of war crimes in the international criminal court (ICC)?

As far as insulting and defamatory insults go, you have got to be kidding!!

Pull your head out of your sphincter and you might see the forest from the tree's!

EDIT:spelling.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Psychoses]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

As far as insulting and defamatory insults go, you have got to be kidding!!

Pull your head out of your sphincter and you might see the forest from the tree's!

This pretty much says all that needs to be said, I suppose, and illustrates my point concisely.

I really don't care about you personally one way or another, but your posts in this case are so out of touch with what I come to ATS for that I see no point in reading any more of them.

I recommend reviewing the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, particularly this one:

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

When you insist on making me the topic of your posts, that's abusive behavior, and as you are hopefully coming to understand, I have no tolerance for it.

Since you seem intent on not honoring the ATS T&C, and are apparently incapable of playing by the rules of civil discourse, I'll leave you to play with yourself.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If you believe that the thread is not about you, then why have you posted FOUR times without addressing the topic of discussion even once?

Posted by majic
What I can say is if we Americans really were Nazis, several of the contributors to this thread would have already been summarily executed. This fact renders the discussion moot and irrelevant.

If the topic of discussion is "moot and irrelevant", why even bother to post a comment? The answer to that is an easy one. You came to stir the pot!

Posted by majic
You have reached the point where further discussion with me must be preceded by an apology from you for your insulting and defamatory posts against me.

Well if you haven't noticed
I have not apologised(as there is absolutely no need to) but you still feel the need to post? You must be captivated by my overwhelmingly magnetic personality.

Posted by majic
I recommend reviewing the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use

I read them when I signed up and nowhere does it state that that I can't make a suggestion.

Here's a dose of reality for you. Neither of these words (Super Moderator or Moderator) appear under your member name. Leave the running of the board to the professionals as they are more than capable.

To finish up, if you have nothing to add to the topic being discussed, do us all a favour and take a hike.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join