It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.9 quake in Challis, Idaho

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Looks like it hit under the Salmon-Challis National Forest:

M4.9 - 15km N of Challis, Idaho
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Followed closely by another:

M3.2 - 12km NW of Challis, Idaho
earthquake.usgs.gov...

This part of the same Yellowstone system? Right up there with the 4.8 from a few weeks back. Lots of activity in those parts of late.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by deometer

I know nothing but I see some strange patterns of late, EQ's where they don't normally exist given how long I've been watching them. If the quakes get worse or hit in strange places, I'm afraid of the new taxes that will appear...After all, we will be targeted as the cause somehow!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I think it has a lot to do with the eclipse/blood moon due 15th of April. The activity around the ring of fire has been incredible. Haven't seen so many huge quakes, eruptions and tectonic movement in many years. Even Turkey got hit by a 4.9 today.

Stay watching, after the eclipse may be even more active

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I am glad i have a few days off work to watch some possible events unfold... living in n Cali i think its gonna be our turn for some activity here soon.. i watched this 4.9 come thru on GEE but Was somehow locked out of ats.. so needless to say i was frustrated i could not inform the ATS community.. Hope everyone has a great weekend, activity or not... its a great time in history to be alive!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The snake river plain runs through Idaho, and while it is connected to Yellowstone, I don't believe this includes the mantle. Because of yellowstone at least part of this plain exists (maybe all of it - need to read more). The volcanic rock on the east side caused the earth to bend downward. That's a lot of volcanic material. Pretty much the entire Western part of the U.S. is connected to a super volcano In one way or another. I would like to see a map of where all hot spots are and their reach through the West so will look more, but here's a link that gives some info of the Idaho area.

geology.isu.edu...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Where is PHAGE and his swamp gas explanation?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

deometer
This part of the same Yellowstone system?

No it's not. Totally unrelated.

Earthquakes in that area are years between but do happen. That area near Mt. Borah is known for this and there is no way to link it to Yellowstone.

Link to article on Borah quake in 1983.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Nothing like the high road what.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

solarstorm
Where is PHAGE and his swamp gas explanation?

Yes. Please almighty Phage. Come save us from our ignorance. We need you now more than ever. Please come save us. Oh savior Phage.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Blaine91555
No it's not. Totally unrelated.

Earthquakes in that area are years between but do happen. That area near Mt. Borah is known for this and there is no way to link it to Yellowstone.

Correct.

Now come on peoples, I am the mega-yellowstone-freaker-outer. Got my rig up as always, saw the quake come in, knew about it and how big it was at the same time as all the agencies, and before it was ever reported. I'll let yas know when to freak! And now is not the time. Just a simple, tectonic quake, over 250 km away from the closest station at YS that picked it up first, which was MCID, actually.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Mayet
reply to post by minkmouse

I think it has a lot to do with the eclipse/blood moon due 15th of April. The activity around the ring of fire has been incredible. Haven't seen so many huge quakes, eruptions and tectonic movement in many years. Even Turkey got hit by a 4.9 today.

Stay watching, after the eclipse may be even more active
WELL first idaho isn't part of the ring of fire. Chili is and earthquakes are expected there. Wasn't even a big one. Idaho gets earthquakes. Most of the USA is on unstable ground from the east coast to the west.
Turkey is also not part of the ring of fire. Turkey also gets frequent earthquakes.4.9 is nothing. We had a five here in Virginia two years ago and most people didn't even feel it. There has not been any increase in activity. There are charts you can examine that will show this. Every little shake is treated as a harbinger of doom these days. Calm down everyone. Someday we may have something to really be afraid of but all this crying g wolf will diminish the message.
edit on PMu30u0441538302014-04-12T22:38:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join