Power Concedes Nothing Without a Gun To Its Head

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

10 million acre land grab from Montana to New Mexico....
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Please stop making me more angry & depressed at the same time........!
(Thanks!)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

shrevegal
reply to post by G0v0D47

Hi again G, You speak many truths. We have only to look at how American Indians were treated relevant to "land grabs" to see how long this type of scenario has been playing out...also, how their "natural" remedies via herbs and such were discouraged and done away with so as future medical and big pharma could have profit margins that are outta sight. They make a killing while killing many of us with their poisons.

These land grabs.....they are "killing" the land as well with their strip mines/uranium mining, fracking chemicals, recent okaying the use of Agent Orange on our lands here/now. Land grabs such as this Bundy situation...the tip of the iceberg...land needed for a solar project now, they say? I recently lived in/around Wyoming/Dakotas/Montana areas...a lot of the land looks like a b*mbed out, burned out, distressed mess...not the flourishing flora and fauna I expected. The uranium mining around the sacred Black Hills and beyond....a mess and a hazard. The powerful winds there carry it all. This Bundy land grab, I'm thinking is more about what "they" want and less about supposed wrong doing by that family. Here in Louisiana, we have what is called, Homestead Exemption, where we don't get taxed by state if land value is under $75,000. I wonder how long before that changes here and land grabs start here as this state has a robust fracking industry going on and they want land....as much as they can get. Will see. I like what you have to say.

Thanks. Keep in mind the important # aint whos on the land at appointed time, its what plan Mr Reid and his cohorts have next. Dealing in China is not exactly a "ok we give in" scenario, and no bastard senator will just back off some land owner. Even the Cowboys were on Hannity tonight and he gave a comment of coming out there himself if things persisted hinting at a sideshow with media agenda attached.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You might want to read this

m.dailykos.com...

This is not about patriotism. It's about corporatists getting the federal government to turn over federal land to the states, so corporations can get their hands on public lands. They use well intentioned people as their useful idiots to achieve this.
edit on 15-4-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

whitewave
10 million acre land grab from Montana to New Mexico....
www.washingtontimes.com...

The WA Times article refers to this internal memo, leaked by Utah Rep. Robert Bishop.

The 1st paragraph of the leaked document:

..."however, further evaluations should be completed prior to any final decision, including an assessment of public and Congrssional support".

Always, it's report only part of the story...cherry pick the best sound bite.

So, freaking tedious.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

So they're not rolling out the tanks yet to confiscate that large chunk, just putting it on the agenda for later? Maybe too busy taking Texas and NM. I'm sure they'll get around to it.

What's really tedious is realizing there are so many people who wait until it's too late to prevent problems rather than being proactive. Do you also wait until you've gotten a ticket before renewing your car tag?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
OP, I believe, unfortunately, that violence IS the only answer to dealing with violence. I don't see ANY circumstance, aside from aggressive re-seizure of power, that will change anything.

Where did the "occupy" protests get us?

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

National Landscape Conservation System

The Bureau of Land Management's National Landscape Conservation System, better known as the National Conservation Lands, was created in 2000 with the mission to "conserve, protect, and restore these nationally significant landscapes that have outstanding cultural, ecological, and scientific values for the benefit of current and future generations.

How is this a problem?

I'm still dismayed that so many folks are opposed to perserving our nation's natural treasures for future generations.
Don't our kids deserve to enjoy wild places?
edit on 4/16/2014 by Olivine because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join