It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I used to work at a Uni in the UK analysing SDO images in partnership with NASA, Harvard and Stanford. This video is nothing out of the ordinary and can't see anything to back up his claim the images were ever removed.

Just another case of someone on youtube pulling a scam for 15mins of fame.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by alienreality

Ah they put them back up? that's great, thanks!

No. Like the images in the video we're talking about. They weren't removed.

My reply about images was answering one of that self absorbed journalist's numerous straw man arguments. Not the OP images, and I shouldn't have allowed myself to be lured away from the OP images.

I saw your post back on page 1 about 8 hours ago about the images being up at NASA, but thanks for steering me back to reality yet again.
My only original intent was I don't always blindly trust NASA because of their past. It is not spotless like one or two posters are claiming. And they sure want to win arguments for NASA at any cost.. and it's also clear there is other motives behind it.

Thanks for the discussion as always..
edit on 13-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

alienreality
And they sure want to win arguments for NASA at any cost.. and it's also clear there is other motives behind it.

It's not about "winning arguments for NASA". It's about identifying the truth and denying ignorance, that's all. I'm glad it is cleared up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

It's not about "winning arguments for NASA". It's about identifying the truth and denying ignorance, that's all. I'm glad it is cleared up.

As opposed to the camp which is hell bent on proving that NASA lies. The irony is that camp has to lie to try to prove their point.

edit on 4/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Rob48

alienreality
And they sure want to win arguments for NASA at any cost.. and it's also clear there is other motives behind it.

Then good luck to you on your quest.
I hope you some day attain those goals. I'll remember your slogan and the other guy's next to you that your beliefs are all logical and honest and full of education and knowledge, and anyone else who disagrees with you is ignorant, and a liar and anything else you can think up.
Now on your journey don't forget to
Straw man the piss out of people you disagree with. You can call it your own brand of journalistic integrity

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

My only original intent was I don't always blindly trust NASA because of their past.

well the past images that you have shown has been shown to have never been deleted or hidden.

Yet you trust other sites that tell you pics have been deleted and then make a fol of yourself by posting these apparent deleted pics.

What next, those pics were deleted because its the black knight satellite?

My point is if you don't trust NASA then maybe take the same approach to everything on the net.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

My only original intent was I don't always blindly trust NASA because of their past.

well the past images that you have shown has been shown to have never been deleted or hidden.

Yet you trust other sites that tell you pics have been deleted and then make a fol of yourself by posting these apparent deleted pics.

What next, those pics were deleted because its the black knight satellite?

My point is if you don't trust NASA then maybe take the same approach to everything on the net.

All it takes is one instance of impropriety and never an admittance of wrongdoing, and then add to that the official mandate that forces them to sometimes lie about data. Does this make NASA a terrible outfit? Heck no it doesn't. I never said NASA is a worthless rat infested hellhole just because they have overcooked some tidbits of information in the past. The only thing I actually dislike about NASA is that they have had their funding cut by a real serious ahole. but this is because of no fault of theirs.

NASA has a whole lot of good people there doing great work. Those behind the scenes are what damages them on occasion.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So only NASA can view the Sun??

I don't get it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Bilk22
Those that do not question, but only accept what they are told, are doomed to mediocrity at best. You will never be a leader of men, but instead be bound to serving others as you are told. That unquestioning loyalty does not beget gratitude. It begets disdain and lack of respect from those you serve.

If anyone that has chosen to attack me in one form or another, didn't notice, I never made a statement as to what was on that image. I asked questions. Last I checked, that was a knowledgable thing to do. However one does need to question why there are many here intent on diminishing those who ask the questions.
edit on 78449Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

Unless you have a degree in every subject known to man, sooner or later you will have to accept some things as fact from people that know more than you do on the subject. The trick is, knowing who to trust. The problem here (on this board) is the internet is full of idiots and people will run with whatever some utuber posts using “sciency” language and alluding to government shadowy lies. Most folks don’t want to do any research.

It’s not a matter of diminishing those who ask the questions, it’s those that won’t do their homework on the answers offered.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Tucket

wildespace
Wow, almost 5 pages of headache-inducing bickering.

Not what I intended with the thread. In hindsight I realize I shouldve used a different title. I just wanted someone to debunk it.
Definately wont be sourcing this youtuber in the future.

I love your attitude !!!

Posting something in order to learn is great, as far as I know. I've learned many things with this thread even though the source itself was sketchy at best.

Not everything is a conspiracy or a cover up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

The problem here (on this board) is the internet is full of idiots and people will run with whatever some utuber posts using “sciency” language and alluding to government shadowy lies. Most folks don’t want to do any research.

Yup. More often than not if a claim involves a chance of a conspiracy it will be accepted without any independent investigation. The source of the images is readily available yet how many actually checked the claim that they were removed? It seems that the idea of a conspiracy is more attractive than facts.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

alienreality

Again, any proof at all that they were removed? Why make a silly claim like that with nothing at all to back it up?

The motto here is "Deny Ignorance", not "Lets make crap up and embrace ignorance"......

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

It's very weird.

Could be something with the camera's lens or the sensor. If it is, you'd see it more than just every once in a while.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

alienreality
reply to post by Rob48

I wrongly thought you were talking about the recent images, (NOT STUFF NASA DELETED A YEAR AGO) because NASA deleting stuff in the past isn't what the topic is about. I mentioned they delete information in the past to simply show they did it before, they will do it again. They have given reason in the past not to trust them.

I guess when all else fails, just change the subject and redirect? Another straw man argument from you by taking a word meant for something entirely remote from todays topic and putting in your own context.., you are getting better at it..

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website..

NASA caught DELETING IMAGES

They didn't delete those images. You (or someone else who tricked you) called them up into a temporary server because they requested the image. The temporary server wipes images after a period of time... but you can just call up the image again. That's why it's a temporary server. NASA does the same for many different image archives, including hubble images. The image data is archived until it is requested at which time it is retrieved and uploaded to a temporary FTP folder. That folder is deleted after a set amount of time. THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE DELETING THE IMAGES. Is that clear?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

alienreality

Phage

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website.
Those images are still there.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

You are impossible. I know what you're talking about, you're talking about the TEMPORARY FOLDER where someone found them and then screamed when they "vanished."

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

alienreality

Phage

No. Like the images in the video we're talking about. They weren't removed.

My reply about images was answering one of that self absorbed journalist's numerous straw man arguments. Not the OP images, and I shouldn't have allowed myself to be lured away from the OP images.

I saw your post back on page 1 about 8 hours ago about the images being up at NASA, but thanks for steering me back to reality yet again.
My only original intent was I don't always blindly trust NASA because of their past. It is not spotless like one or two posters are claiming. And they sure want to win arguments for NASA at any cost.. and it's also clear there is other motives behind it.

Thanks for the discussion as always..

And yet we always manage to win. Funny how that works. It's almost like reality is on our side...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

hellobruce

alienreality

Again, any proof at all that they were removed? Why make a silly claim like that with nothing at all to back it up?

The motto here is "Deny Ignorance", not "Lets make crap up and embrace ignorance"......

It's what this website does best. I've just about given up on it. It's pointless. No one ever learns anything here. Honest and correct answers are ignored or forgotten in favor of lies.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Rob48

ngchunter
It's a cosmic ray strike. Here's the image, right here:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
It's a cosmic ray streak in a single frame. Common, mundane stuff.

Funny thing is, if it was an "alien sun quake beam" it wouldn't even have hit the sun, if you follow the line. Guess even aliens have off days

Good point. I have "alien sun quake beams" in my photos too, taken indoors, with the shutter closed, at sea level. Naturally the cosmic rays I pick up aren't as energetic as the ones poor unprotected SOHO has to deal with far from the earth, but they produce streaks nevertheless, just not as long. Here's an example for anyone who still thinks their Sony digital camera is proof that cosmic rays don't really exist. Again, this is from a calibrated dark frame taken indoors, at -5C, with the shutter closed, at sea level. Cosmic rays still find their way to the CCD. The image has been calibrated using a sigma clipping stack of dark frames (which removes only the permanent hot pixels from the image) so every spot and streak is from a cosmic ray hit during the 10 minute exposure.
h.dropcanvas.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

The curved streak is at the center right interesting.
Indication of secondary radiation?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join