It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

alienreality
There is evidence.

But you are unable to show us all this "evidence".... funny that!

Watch the new episode of Unsealed Alien Files,

So you get your "facts" from silly tv shows, that explains a lot.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by alienreality

Nobody at NASA is hiding or deleting anything. A bunch of uneducated kooks, cranks and tinfoilers on the internet who have no clue what they are looking at are misinterpreting images, that's what is happening.

Remember when the same clowns were showing us images of the sun a few years ago claiming that Nibiru or Elenin, or whatever the alien bogeyman was called that week, was hiding there and on its way to Earth? What happened to that one?

Yes their definitely is that. the super mad hatters of the internet who's only real job is to make ad hominem attacks easier to accomplish. There is always going to be those sorts of things. The only thing completely ridiculous about what you just said though, is that NASA never hides or deletes things. They have conveniently lost so many records, pictures and video footage, and don't forget the AUDIO data they have said was lost for an Apollo mission or two. it boggles the mind.

It is a matter of public record and is common knowledge and has been for many, many years how NASA loses and DELETES and obfuscates, and stonewalls. They have even done that to congress and senate committees. I

What else can they do? Divulge classified material freely? Not going to happen.

What was project Blue Book? Yes it was a public relations tool to get people (especially congress and senate inquiries) off of the AIR Force's and NASA's collective backs so they could work in peace without having to answer questions about classified subject matter.

NASA isn't hiding anything? Then they should all be arrested for breaking their security oaths.

No they never hide anything, they just don't disclose things that are classified.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thread title: Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

Did they remove them or not?

If you say they did you might want to explain why they're still there.

Then again, it's a topic thing. You might not understand.
edit on 13-4-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: nasa messes with my "p" key

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

hellobruce

alienreality
There is evidence.

But you are unable to show us all this "evidence".... funny that!

Watch the new episode of Unsealed Alien Files,

So you get your "facts" from silly tv shows, that explains a lot.

You would be the last person that anyone would waste time giving any evidence to.

I said that show is not always correct, and used it as an opposing example to the view that NASA is not always honest. but you twist it into a straw man argument which is something you aren't that good at. why am I not surprised...

I wonder what you can come up with if I fed a whole quarter into ya.?

edit on 13-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Perhaps the images were removed and reinserted when it was discovered that someone had captured and disseminated them on the net. That would then harm the credibility of the claims.

As for it being a cosmic ray, well I would expect the artifact left by the cosmic ray to be uniform across it's length and not visually appear as if it's being effected by the sun.

Well those are my observations

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I heard they made them inaccessible on their servers for 2 days while they figured out how that satellite was seen that was not supposed to be seen, and then when they saw that keeping the files inaccessible was irrelevant because they were already spread around the net, they came up with the excuse that one of the imager' equipment failed and there was missing data.

Is that a good enough answer?
(Oh, I am happy you knew what the thread title was too.)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

NASA isn't hiding anything? Then they should all be arrested for breaking their security oaths.

No they never hide anything, they just don't disclose things that are classified.

And the STEREO images are not classified. They are disclosed to the public on a public website, because NASA provides a massive amount of data, free of charge, to anyone who wants it. They are not deleting any of it.

They have conveniently lost so many records, pictures and video footage, and don't forget the AUDIO data they have said was lost for an Apollo mission or two.

Care to provide some cites to back up these extraordinary claims? And no, the old chestnut of the Apollo 11 TV slow-scan tapes doesn't count, because that footage is not and never was lost.

I heard they made them inaccessible on their servers for 2 days while they figured out how that satellite was seen that was not supposed to be seen, and then when they saw that keeping the files inaccessible was irrelevant because they were already spread around the net, they came up with the excuse that one of the imager' equipment failed and there was missing data.

No, it's not. Who did you hear this from? What evidence did they provide?

And this "satellite" — could you provide us with an estimate of the size this satellite would need to be in order to show up on these images of the sun?
edit on 13-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

alienreality
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

(Oh, I am happy you knew what the thread title was too.)

I see we agree
Though I have no inside knowledge

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Bilk22

As for it being a cosmic ray, well I would expect the artifact left by the cosmic ray to be uniform across it's length and not visually appear as if it's being effected by the sun.

Welcome to the STEREO Learning Center

Image artifacts - Cosmic rays
Cosmic rays and solar energetic particles are highly energetic particles that travel through space. Some of these originate from the Sun. Others, known as galactic cosmic rays, come from outside the solar system. When they pass through the detectors, they produce thin bright spots or streaks.

The high compression factors used for the temporary beacon images can cause cosmic ray events to be significantly distorted, as shown in the sample images below. Even the full resolution data have some compression applied to them, resulting in a small amount of distortion of the brightest cosmic rays.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Pauligirl

Bilk22

Welcome to the STEREO Learning Center

Image artifacts - Cosmic rays
Cosmic rays and solar energetic particles are highly energetic particles that travel through space. Some of these originate from the Sun. Others, known as galactic cosmic rays, come from outside the solar system. When they pass through the detectors, they produce thin bright spots or streaks.

The high compression factors used for the temporary beacon images can cause cosmic ray events to be significantly distorted, as shown in the sample images below. Even the full resolution data have some compression applied to them, resulting in a small amount of distortion of the brightest cosmic rays.
I've read enough here to have a general understanding of what they are. Your post was unnecessary. Now since you feel it's necessary to make the case it's a cosmic ray, why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image? That would be more germane to the discussion

edit on 64631Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Hiya Bilk,

Now since you feel it's necessary to make the case it's a cosmic ray, why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This link above was a good example, for me anyhow.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Yes, curse people providing relevant information and facts!

"The high compression factors used for the temporary beacon images can cause cosmic ray events to be significantly distorted"

Pesky facts, so boring and dull, it's like being back in school! Let's all believe in giant alien satellites shooting death beams into the sun instead!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image?

Why not click the link in her "unnecessary" post?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

SonoftheSun
reply to post by Bilk22

Hiya Bilk,

Now since you feel it's necessary to make the case it's a cosmic ray, why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This link above was a good example, for me anyhow.
How do we know that's not the same type of event that's claimed in the OP?

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located? Or is that dead space on the sensor?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Bilk22
I've read enough here to have a general understanding of what they are. Your post was unnecessary. Now since you feel it's necessary to make the case it's a cosmic ray, why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image? That would be more germane to the discussion

edit on 64631Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

I did

Close up of cosmic ray track seen on the STEREO Behind COR2 detector.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

I never said anything about the STEREO images being classified.... Another lame straw man attempt by you.

What else can you make up ?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

why not just provide and example that appears similar to the subject image?

Why not click the link in her "unnecessary" post?
One has to wonder how NASA can determine what is a "cosmic ray" or "cosmic artifact" vs something esle when there are so many. How would they ever know if it's actually something else? Seems that piece of equipment up there was a waste of money if it constantly captures "anomalies". Heck, most every camera NASA uses is "faulty". They probably should have bought a Sony point and shoot. Would have been much cheaper with better results.
edit on 65746Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images?

As Phage explained in the link I just provided to my reply to you,

the Sun is represented by the white circle

which means that even if it was something shooting at the Sun, which clearly isn't, the aim would be crappy, therefore contradicting the very title of the youtube video.

I totally agree with him.

ETA :

Maybe it's time to put this thing where it belongs...I would vote for Ludicrous Online Lies...

edit on 4 13 2014 by SonoftheSun because: added pic

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located?

This post contains some of the answers you seek www.abovetopsecret.com...

Phage
Notice that the cosmic ray appears in front of the occulting disk pylon. This alone is enough to demonstrate that it is something which has occurred within the imaging device.

edit on 13-4-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: add some quoted text

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

SonoftheSun
reply to post by Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images?

As Phage explained in the link I just provided to my reply to you,

the Sun is represented by the white circle

which means that even if it was something shooting at the Sun, which clearly isn't, the aim would be crappy, therefore contradicting the very title of the youtube video.

I totally agree with him.
I understand the white disk represents the disk of the sun. I asked what the larger disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk just covering that area of the sensor? Also, perspective comes into play if it were a real event. The image is two dimensions. The object firing the alleged ray, may not be in plane with the sun. If it were beyond the sun from the perspective of the satellite capturing the image, it could still be hitting the sun but appear to not because of perspective.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join