It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cure For Hepaitits C has been found !!! But it will cost you $100,000

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

NavyDoc

You mean that stuff costs stuff? OMG what a revelation!!! I used to think that stuff just rained down from the sky like manna, and it was just the man keeping us down. I never imagined that it actually cost resources and time for a farmer to grow food or a researcher to develop a new drug. Man, I was fooled, thinking that, in order to produce something, someone else had to invest time and resources. Now that you inform me it grows on trees, I will adjust my outlook on life. #! I'm not moving any more, bring my food to me.

The problem is that the tax payers are the ones helping research and produce this drug in addition to patients as well, while private investors and the heads of Big Pharma rake in the obscene profits to inflate their entitled lifestyle.

Socialize the Losses and Privatize the Profits

If we had a Free Market, this drug would be costing nowhere $1000 dollars a pill, because not many could afford an out of pocket expense such as this.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Of course they are in it for the money,

that is how capitalism works.

It is not capitalism when the tax payers are footing the bill though.
In time when many American's paychecks are declining due to Globalism, do you think many American's could afford the ever increasing costs of Medical Care in a true free market system. See all the people running into Healthcare now that the government is backing it? Same as college loans, the government throws money at it and only makes it more costly.

But that's what happens when money=freedom of speech and Big Pharma and Health are the top Lobbyists in the country.

Government and their cronies have never discussed lowering the costs of all this but rather who is going to pay for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Erm it doesnt always end in faliure.

Look at Norway.

One of the highest srandards of living in the western world and very low debt.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

NavyDoc

Simple. Because they did not have to pay for the research and development, they have no QA so you risk contaminated medicine, and there is no recourse and no lawsuits if you have a bad reaction. If you want all of these safeguards, it will increase cost. IF you are willing to accept more risk and less accountability, then it will be cheaper, but I know that those who cry about evil corporations do not want to accept more risk for a cheaper product. It is just hyperbole.

Medical Malpractice Lawsuits account for very little of the costs in Healthcare.

www.kentuckyinjurylawblog.com...
The direct cost related to medical malpractice accounts for only 2% of health-care costs, so medical malpractice already accounts for a very small amount.

prescriptions.blogs.nytimes.com...
According to the actuarial consulting firm Towers Perrin, medical malpractice tort costs were $30.4 billion in 2007, the last year for which data are available. We have a more than a $2 trillion health care system. That puts litigation costs and malpractice insurance at 1 to 1.5 percent of total medical costs. That’s a rounding error. Liability isn’t even the tail on the cost dog. It’s the hair on the end of the tail.

www.businessweek.com...
Study after study shows that costs associated with malpractice lawsuits make up 1% to 2% of the nation's $2.5 trillion annual health-care bill and that tort reform would barely make a dent in the total.

Healthcare, Big Pharma and Investors want to keep their inflated salaries at a time when American's are taking paycuts and stagnate wages thanks to Investor and Corporate Greed from their Globalist Utopia Bought and Paid for Policies, and they want everyone to prop them up.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Krystian

You are absolutely correct but that doesnt make a difference in my argument. There are different parameters and costs for the FDA to even take a whiff of your drug however NONE of them will equal out to 1000X more the lowest parameters cost. The difference in price will be under 5mil when you factor in FDA fees + additional hoops to jump through. I just watched a company drop 3.5m into a trade show for a new heart drug they were hoping to release only to find out THE DAY of the show that it wont clear. Literally just WASTED 3.5mil to promote a drug to other pharmaceutical employees.

As you so elequently pointed out, Big Pharma is hardly hurting when they have millions of dollars to toss around.
3.5 Mil is pocket change for them when they can literally throw Billions at politicians to serve them...

Top Spending Lobbyists Industries
www.opensecrets.org...

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $2,795,596,315
Insurance $1,964,085,236

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

NavyDoc

Exactly. In your example they lost 3.5 million in a SINGLE day when a drug they thought will clear, doesn't. Multiply that by the dozens of drugs a year that don't clear and the hundreds of millions of dollars they spend on each and every drug that doesn't clear and that they have to recoup that on the single drug that does clear and you might understand why the cost is so high.

It costs them even more to throw Billions of dollars toward politicians as well to be their puppets and have the tax payers pay for it.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amatrine
So they have finally found a cure. A pill you take for 12 weeks. Some will need 24 weeks. Low side effects, the same as an aspirin. The FDA will approve this drug very soon.

My husbands father died from this. It is exciting news, but the makers want $1,000 a PILL!
I understand that they need money for their research , etc, but this is way out there!!!

So many people denied something that can save their life because of price. People are thinking that insurance companies will no cover it, unless your in end stage liver failure, which at the point you can not undo the liver damage.

Good news for the future when the patent runs out, but bad news for those who need it now.

LINK TO STORY

i dare say bleach will probably cure hepa tities c at a fraction of the cost.

most of these drugs with horrific side effects are from toxic land fills and patented with fraudulent research and used to earn billions.

if bleach was substituted for these drugs it will probably show a better cure rate for next to nothing.

same with all these chemo crap drugs.just landfill toxins.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 18-4-2014 by championoftruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join